It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News! George Zimmerman found not guilty.

page: 66
<< 63  64  65    67  68  69 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh
[

Originally posted by seabag
the only people to condone this are racists who wish to have a go... and GZ affiliates

He claimed self defense and won!! You don't understand it because you're ignoring the facts.

GZ didn't confront TM.

TM confronted GZ!!

Stop repeating lies and try to understand what happened already.

wow...

we have an audio recording of GZ saying hes following and going to confront TM... primary evidence

on the other hand

we have a paid-to-lie defence lawyer fabricating a story where TM approached GZ....

and what did you choose to listen to

why?

if it isnt racist...what is it....i think many would like to know what you see, that they dont

The only reason GZ is a free man right now is because the prosecution team was weak...if they had been more aggressive then GZ would be serving time for at least manslaughter right now.
edit on 7/14/2013 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

It's not against the law for someone in the neighborhood watch to follow and confront a suspicious individual in their own neighborhood. Especially considering the fact that said neighborhood had recently been the target of numerous burglaries.

That is all.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

if you dont have a motive
and are claiming self defence

like picking up a stick and hitting someone to defend your self

if that person dies...its manslaughter..

its a lower charge than murder

how did the jury conclude he was not guilty?.... looks like all one has to do is confuse the jury...use lies...just enough to cast doubt...and omehow leap to a not guilty verdict

makes me laugh... dudes like you are sitting at home happy that he got off...after he clearly approached an shot the kid...

That is not how the law works in florida though

In Florida the law states that self defence is diffrent from manslaughter.

Zimmerman did not make that law,, Nor did his defence lawyer, nor did the prosecutor, Nor did the judge and nor did martin.

If you dont like that law start a petition and approach your local politician (if you live in the USA of course). But the fact is you cant change the Zimmerman case as the shooting was done at the time when florida law says self defence is seperate from manslaughter.
edit on 14-7-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Completely agree with you. Tired of arguing with people about basic knowledge they should of learned in high school. Race has nothing to do with this case and yet that is all people keep talking about i'm done with this thread as well. With great internets, comes great trolling.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

... don't forget to mention Florida's Stand Your Ground law.,

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by starfoxxx

Same facts, same case? Not guilty!!!! Stop with the race baiting its sick!

Between the race-baiting and the COMPLETE LACK OF BASIC UNDERSTANDING of the incident by many posters, this issue is driving me absolutely nuts, man!!

I think I need to leave all of the Trayvon threads to protect my own sanity. People are being completely dishonest and no matter how many times they are corrected they continue to repeat BS.

I'm out!!

Shame you were one of the few on here talking clear sense

Though probably for the best It felt too weird staring you

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

we have an audio recording of GZ saying hes following and going to confront TM... primary evidence

on the other hand

we have a paid-to-lie defence lawyer fabricating a story where TM approached GZ....

and what did you choose to listen to

why?

if it isnt racist...what is it....i think many would like to know what you see, that they don’t

You’ve got to ask yourself, how did a jury of his peers hear and see ALL of the evidence and find him Not Guilty?? Are they ALL racists?? Even the black juror????

Come on, man. You’re baiting people and stoking racial tensions. Justice was served…..it was served the night of the incident and it was served last night when GZ walked away a free man.

The moral of the story - Keep your hands off people and you have almost no risk of being shot (regardless what color you are).

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Or just have a gun and shoot them first? Even if you instigated everything and then you can claim self defense

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Perfect quote to take my leave on ... It's definately been enlightening.

Justice was served…..it was served the night of the incident and it was served last night when GZ walked away a free man.

The moral of the story - Keep your hands off people and you have almost no risk of being shot (regardless what color you are).

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Bad laws makes bad outcome...Very wrong to expect a jury to convict when there is reasonable doubt.

The laws need to be changed.

Racism is there, people can deny all they want.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

[

The only reason GZ is a free man right now is because the prosecution team was weak...if they had been more aggressive then GZ would be serving time for at least manslaughter right now.
edit on 7/14/2013 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

it's hard to come from a place of strength if all you have is weak evidence.
and all your witnesses prove the defenses case.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
reply to post by seabag

Bad laws makes bad outcome...Very wrong to expect a jury to convict when there is reasonable doubt.

This wouldn't have occurred if George Zimmerman had not wrongly profile Martin as a criminal, hell at the time he decided to dial 911 and report him all Martin was doing was walking and "looking around" the neighborhood, I mean what's he supposed to do? Walk with his head down?

People will always deny that racism didn't play a part in this, but I think everyone in America KNOWS that race had everything do with this.

Just look at the call history of George Zimmerman to non-emergency numbers. Almost half of the calls are about "suspicious black men"

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
reply to post by seabag

So a man should be convicted and serve a minimum mandatory 25 year sentence even if there is reasonable doubt??

Is that really the country you want to live in?

You'd better hope you're not accused of something!

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

There is no way he would be convicted of murder. Regarding manslaughter, I doubt it. Manslaughter charges when there is no good evidence of an attack are hit and miss, tough they often do lead to conviction. But in this case we have evidence of an attack on Zimmermann, because he had injuries. Manslaughter conviction when the accused has injuries corroborating his claims is unlikely.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

surely you're referring to martin, right?

i think martin's attack on zimmerman was racially motivated, and defending oneself against a racially motivated attack does not make one a racist.

i've tried to find something that points to zimmerman being racist, and i haven't seen it even hinted at. what we can see is blatant hate speech from martin.

i think this is a very tragic story. a story of an angry young man. we shouldn't be driven apart by this, but rather recommit ourselves to taking up the slack of others who do not do their jobs.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

People will always deny that racism didn't play a part in this, but I think everyone in America KNOWS that race had everything do with this.

Racism

Quit pandering to it, quit using it as an excuse, quit legitimizing it, and quit furthering Agendas.

I'm out.
edit on 14-7-2013 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
i really wish people would stop acting like a 17 year old is some child... When I was 17 I was more than capable of holding my own and I'm sure there are MANY other 17 year olds out there like that too... He wasnt a child, he was an adult (in my eyes)... This was an adult on adult crime... This wasnt some child being victimized like how it was for Caylee Anthony

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
So a Group of White Racist Women Let a Hispanic go for killing a Africian American teen. If I was a racist wouldnt I sent Zimmerman who is Hispanic to Jail?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
dp
edit on 14-7-2013 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 63  64  65    67  68  69 >>

join