It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News! George Zimmerman found not guilty.

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker
reply to post by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Let that be the reason their kids stay coming home crying when they get they ass beat. The parents are to lazy to teach anything these days unless it deals with some sort of technology. Let's go back a hundred years when kids actually respected their parents. Why did the kids have so much respect back then? Because the parents would not put up with any of that kind of BS. Nowadays, kids can call their mom's #$&^% and mom wont' do nothing about it but try to give them time out or counseling. It's sad. Kids laugh at their parents these day's because they know they have the upper hand.

Anyway, I got to make some pork chops for my daughter. It's all good, it was fun discussion and I've learned alot. Thanks.

had they taught tre some lessons on respect maybe he wouldn't have attacked zimmerman.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

LOL. Well, I wish you all the luck in the world when walking up to an armed person and attempting to disarm them. Let me know how that works out. Provided you're still able to.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   
edit on 14-7-2013 by bruteforce13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeaderOfProgress
reply to post by NotAnAspie

Who said anything about getting along with anyone? All I said is accepted, which is quite a different term. I can dislike some one but accept our differences without infringing upon their rights or freedom to persue happiness. Everywhere you go nowadays you will find druggies, I myself do not find their opinion on any issue of any true importance until they clean themselves up. You may live in a part of rural america but that one place does not reflect all. What I said was go to work in the oil field, lots of travel, lots of mone, and lots of diverse cultures.

I still don't get what you're on about... playing armchair psychologist or something.

Hey, guess what? I'LL PASS.

You see I don't think you get that I can accept people too... when they leave me the hell alone.

I would have nothing to complain about if it didn't affect me, now would I? Nothing bad has happened recently but I do have to put up with a little bit of bull.... and you ought to hear some of the crap I have to listen to. How many times can a person be reminded how stupid and incompetent they are because they are female.... yet my grades are good and I've done nothing stupid to deserve it. I've seen other people do PLENTY of stupid stuff and I don't rag them for it... because I don't have that ego insecurity that they have.

That trigger is the same thing that will set a man to violence when he can't figure out what to do. It's all about ego. Yet my ego gets slammed to the ground on a constant basis but I'm not supposed to concentrate on that. I'm just supposed to accept people for what they are, when I really don't have any reason to.

You're a crappy counselor. Don't quit your day job.

I don't have to put up with the same people forever... just long enough to do what I need to do in any time frame or station of events as life goes on and if that doesn't work out either time isn't going to stand still... and I'm no youngin. I know how people are. I also know that according to the faiths, most will tell you this world is unfit... and just being in this existence taints you, much less putting yourself around narrow minded or sinful people.

"Accepted", "get along with"... what's with the semantics that have nothing to do with racism or profiling or riots? What rights have I infringed upon? I have done no such thing.

I think that we don't just disagree on the race issue for some trivial reasons. When I hear some people talk, it's like their thinking is completely backwards.

You know how zimmerman should have not been following that kid.

WELL... you shouldn't be up in my head trying to micromanage my world view based on therapeutic travel.

You see, if you had never made that trespass, we wouldn't be having to talk about it.

Who the hell are you to be worrying about where I live? What's your agenda with talking about diversity and oil fields.
You're trying to size up my mindset by insinuating that I have not seen enough of the world to have an opinion. Like I've been living in a trailer park all my life. That's not the case buddy. I've seen things you could only dream of so get back over there in your own head. If you don't like my opinions and what I said about the profiling stuff and racism in america... approach that subject, don't deviate into my personal life trying to make the subject one and the same. I don't admire such tactics... get sick of seeing them and will pick it apart right back at ya. Do you really think seeing oil fields will change my mind about current events because I seriously doubt it will, but it's really your way of saying I should go somewhere else if I don't like it here. Like you are an authority on that.

YOU'RE NOT.
I have a right to speak the truth and I will use it and I'm sorry if you don't agree that the racism and profiling is plain as day and that it's sets a path for ones who have to struggle very hard to get away from it... because of how trodden that path is.

The reason you don't approach what I said straight on even though you might not like it, is because you must know it's true... which might even make you even madder, but guess who's fault that ISN'T.

MINE.

So how do you feel now?

It's not my problem. It's your problem. If you get mad because somebody had to tell you something you didn't want to hear, maybe you're really just mad at yourself for not being able to figure it out on your own in the first place.

Maybe I don't want to go *anywhere* Maybe I feel like things around here need to change.

And how am I going to do that? Well, it's not going to be by me keeping my mouth shut about the truth and all the little dirty deeds I see.

How about you? Do you feel like you're *changing* anything?
edit on 14-7-2013 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   

edit on 14-7-2013 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by bruteforce13

Probably will. Lack of responsibility, personal ethics, maturity, intelligence, wisdom, and respect help feed social and civil decay like nothing else. If one can always find someone else to blame for their own misfortunes, then one is free to behave like a complete savage.

And if governments keep going broke like they are, there won't be enough cops around to keep order, so people will have to arm themselves.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by NotAnAspie

you sound like a really unhappy and unpleasant person.

you need to stop letting people get to you. they are making you , by the sounds of it , a very bitter and unpleasant person.. and they are probably at home not giving you a second thought. you are giving them more power than you should.

I hear some gems like.... " when you first came to work in this department I didn't know what to expect from you but you are alright you are just like us."

OR

"are you legal"

Instead of getting angry i just face palm and shake my head.

It all comes down with how you handle things

stop falling into the female stereotype that women are more susceptible to words than men.

unless that is true.....

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   
you know i can't believe the people posting the crap that they are posting in this thread. this is just as bad as the zimmerman trial thread.
all we need now is ivan to come and chime in.

they know absolutely nothing about the case, and it is plain to see that they didn't even bother to watch the trial.
can't back any thing they say, with out some B.S. out of their a@@. they have no evidence, to back their wild and ridiculous theories or opinions, and the want to spout complete and utter b.s.

The Motto Of This Site Is Deny Ignorance . Stop Being Ignorant.

edit on 14-7-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Make note. Stand your ground doesn't apply if you're black. Even if you live in a neighborhood where there has been brake ins. So if you get stalked by an armed creepy guy he has the right to murder you.

Ignorant statement. Day before yesterday a black man killed a white man in self defense and got off.

SYG just doesn't apply when a thug ambushes you and tries to beat your brains out.

You think you know better than the jury I guess?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Onslaught2996

Zimmerman didnt profile Treyvon.....there was a few break ins in the community wear men in hooded sweatshirts did the crimes!! and Treyvon had 4 minutes to run from Zimmerman, instead of confronting him...Treyvon could have called the cops over being followed by an unknown man!!!

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by DarkNite

One of the reporters brought it up, I had never even heard that. The older defense attorney apparently got death threats on him and his family. That's messed up isn't it?

If you mean Don West, yes, he absolutely got death threats. I would expect the jury will too if they release their names.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I can't read all this thread. Can someone tell me if a juror told what happened during deliberations and why it took so long?>

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   
False Problem Presented = Racism
Desired Reaction = Intense outrage over perceived injustice
Solution = Retribution sought extra-judicially

Real Problem Overlooked = Poor Education / Ignorance
Reaction = Seeking solution to perceived problem with clear mind
Solution = Teach others what you know, share information, be patient and educate them.

edit on 14-7-2013 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Conviniently ignore the "gun toting" part. So yeah.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Make note. Stand your ground doesn't apply if you're black. Even if you live in a neighborhood where there has been brake ins. So if you get stalked by an armed creepy guy he has the right to murder you.

stand your ground didn't apply to martin because the evidence points to him being the aggressor.

you cannot attack someone, then claim that you were merely standing your ground as they defended themselves.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
I can't read all this thread. Can someone tell me if a juror told what happened during deliberations and why it took so long?>

anonymity remains in place.
they may come forward later.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

he's quite correct. you're attempting to claim that martin had the "right" to disarm (read "attack") zimmerman simply because zimmerman was engaging in a constitutionally protected act.

but here's what really gets me: you're fine with trayvon referring to zimmerman as a "creepy a** cracker", and you're ready to assume that zimmerman was being a creep, but you REFUSE to allow zimmerman to be suspicious of a strange person cutting through yards and around houses at night. i'm sorry, but that is a hypocritical position.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by bruteforce13
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Injurys not life threatining. Seen Dozens of injurys way worse than that when I was a bartender in a college bar. Fights every weekend. noone got shot though.

Do you really think a victim has to wait until the injury gets serious to retaliate? Thats absurd.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

I will wait until I am unconscious or dead, then I will defend myself!
Ah screw it, I am a bit tired and getting in a foul mood lol. See y'all later.
edit on Sun, 14 Jul 2013 04:45:40 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
reply to post by muzzleflash

And that matters how? You have no right to disarm a gun toting stalker. You just have a right to ask what he wants. Trying to disarm a gun toting stalker is highly likely going to get you killed in self-defense.

new topics

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join