It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News! George Zimmerman found not guilty.

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by riffraff

My bad, at age 28 it looks even worst. I don't know everything about the case, but from what I can see, Zimmerman was soft. Although bigger, and most likely stronger than Martin, he chose to take the weeny way out. It's sad. If he was that soft he should have never taken the job in the first place.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by PLASIFISK

Does your argument have any merit though? I wouldn't know because you spent all of your time using sarcasm to insult and deride people you perceive to be racist.

Usually if you have a good point you will reiterate it until people wise up. At least that's how I handle it.

Now maybe some of the people you think are racist actually are (or aren't), but why would you stoop down to that level as a reaction? It's not a contest to see who is most ignorant.

The most important thing here to having a constructive discussion and come to terms with others is the ability to control one's own emotions and allow themselves to apply logic and look at all sides of a situation objectively if possible.
edit on 14-7-2013 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by RealTruthSeeker

What job should he not have taken? You are aware that neighborhood watch are not security guards, just people who live in the area, and it's not a job right?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Yep, the prosecution's star witness sure didn't help their cause any.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker

My bad, at age 28 it looks even worst. I don't know everything about the case, but from what I can see, Zimmerman was soft. Although bigger, and most likely stronger than Martin, he chose to take the weeny way out. It's sad. If he was that soft he should have never taken the job in the first place.

He wasn't bigger. Trayvon had the physical advantage and there is little doubt about it. He was more athletic and possessed a significant height advantage. Additionally, I'm not sure if you've ever been sucker punched before, but if you are dealing with someone who's experienced in street fights (as trayvon was), it's very easy to be disoriented by a sucker punch and wind up on the ground with the disadvantage if you have no training.

link   
reply to post by freedom12

a little of topic, well maybe not.

reading your post, reminded me of a bud i had in the corps, he was a black man from chicago.
he called me redneck and i called him n_____. boy his black friends couldn't stand it. he would always say, don't worry about braz, he's cool.

ETA: you know what i think i'll try and look him up tomorrow.

edit on 14-7-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by PLASIFISK

Originally posted by votan

Originally posted by PLASIFISK

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

No, you confront them. Ask them if there is a problem, why they are following you. Provided they haven't done anything else other than follow you. If they don't respond, or look like they are going to attack or do something else, then you can do whatever you need to do to stop them.

Simply following someone does not necessarily mean a direct threat, only a potential one.

Ok. So put yourself in Trayvon's shoes.

How would you have reacted?

I have had two occasions when i have been followed.

Once i was walking to a park and some guy started following.. I asked him if i could help him and he said he was going to cut me and proceeded to take a knife out of his pocket..

i cleaned his clock and took his knife.

second instance.. i was walking through a neighborhood while working. A man began to follow me and I turned around and ask him if i could help him.. he asked who i was and what i was doing there. I explained what i was doing and even gave him the number of my employer if he still had a problem.

if you see by my experience. You don't have to act like a paranoid idiot if someone follows you and you have to have the intelligence of knowing how to handle the situation. I assessed both situations and handled them accordingly.

this man tre made poor decisions in coming back to attack a person who was following him..

following someone is not a crime.. attack someone who is following you simply because you are a paranoid twit is a crime

edit on 14-7-2013 by votan because: (no reason given)

Well this paranoid idiot twit has been robbed 3 times, and car jacked once. All were in my early twenties I'm in my 30's now.

Now.....would I have like to kindly ask with a smile on my face....excuse me sir, may I ask what is the nature of you following me?.....lol. But clearly..... A gun in your face sets the tone......ya think... You twit.

been shot at before not just had a gun pointed in my face. twice but the second one i still think doesn't count. except i will concede not everyone can handle that i suppose.

even after that experience... I still had no problem asking people what they are doing. If they pull out a gun and shoot me OH WELL ... dodged that bullet already.

Go ahead and shoot a person who simply follows you and see how that pans out. don't drop the soap
edit on 14-7-2013 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by NotAnAspie

That was the most disturbing and grossley racist rant that I have ever seen on this site. Maybe in areas that are predominately "not white" you can make such observations, but not in the areas I live in. What is even more interesting is the fact that where I live is predominately white.... Yet when people from other areas come here for work (unemployment is extreamely low) they are amazed at how thier ethnicity is not paid any mind to. They feel equal... Funny thing about that as well, when you talk politics they dispise the liberal mindset... When talked to about the case at hand, everyone I talked to thought that it was self defense....

So maybe getting away from the negativity that feeds such angst would do you well, as it probably would others the same.
edit on 14-7-2013 by LeaderOfProgress because: spelling..

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedom12

Any term used as an insult to any race is offensive, whether it be "creepy cracker", "hood rat" , or whatever.

BTW, for the gentleman who used the term "hood rat", then tried to tell me to google/look it up, has never actually been to a "hood" or he would know, the term was actually created by "blacks" to refer to a woman who sleeps with lot's of "black men".

An invitation was extended to this person(via PM) who claims to be an Illinoisian/Marine to go to Chicago and meet some of his "brothers" with myself. I'll spring for gas and drive!

If I can help just one person to tolerate his neighbors/fellow-man, it will make a difference.

The offer was made ... I, however have no desire to spend the rest of the weekend with the fine folks over at 26th and Cali ... hate baloney sammichs too. You'll forgive me if I decline, but you keep pushing that narrative. Oh yeah, how bout that Zimmerman trial? Aren't we lucky to live in a time when an individual can get a fair trial based on the facts and evidence, and not the color of his skin?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Come on now, you know what I meant. Job, volunteer whatever you want to call it. Zimmerman should have never accepted it if he couldn't handle his own. How you gonna try to protect an area that your not ready for? I guess he just wanted to show how hard he was huh?

edit on 14-7-2013 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Zimmerman was 29, not 21. Trayvon was about 6'0, and 160, Zimmerman about 5'7, and 185. Zimmerman only had somewhat a weight advantage, and not much of one, considering he was pudgy where as Trayvon was leaner and in better shape.

Height makes a big difference. Reach is a major factor. Zimmerman might have been heavier, but he was out of shape. Physically, Trayvon was favored and more imposing than Zimmerman was.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Ok. So put yourself in Trayvon's shoes. How would you have reacted?

"hello, you seem to be following me, can i help you with something?"

martin had the physical advantage. he could easily engage zimmerman in conversation without putting himself in any more risk than he initially did.

*zimmerman responding to the above* "we've had a string of thefts recently and i am part of the neighborhood watch. i haven't seen you before and i was wondering what you're doing out so late in this neighborhood."

*martin* "i'm staying with a relative *gives the name*, and i just walked down to the gas station to buy some skittles."

*zimmerman* "sorry for troubling you, i hope you have a pleasant evening."

i've run into people at night wanting to know what i was up to, and while i was never legally obligated to respond, i always found that a quick explanation usually did the trick. i can understand someone's apprehension about strangers prowling at night, and i respect that. i'd want to know what a strange person in my neighborhood was up to also.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Guess he wanted to help protect his neighborhood. You do know that even women and wimpy guys are allowed to do that right? What does being hard have to do with anything? People do nothing, and their neighborhoods turn to crap.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker

Martin was a linebacker on the football team, there was a 40 pound weight variance, by the trainers description he was soft, he put him on a scale of 1 to 10 on fighting ability, and gave him a .5 note that is a point 5.... I grow weary of this argument of it being a coward or weenie way out to use a fire arm... Assault is not ok, it may be the last time you get to lash out physically. Easy lesson, don`t assault people.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Obama Files Federal Charges Against George Zimmerman Following Acquittal in Shooting Murder of Trayvon Martin

http://_national_report_dot_net_/obama-files-federal-charges-against-george-zimmerman-following-acquittal-in-shooting-murder-of-trayvon-martin/

Looks like Obama and Holder want their pound of flesh regardless of the law. Though I guess you can understand why they want to keep this going with all the scandals the Obama administration is involved in these days.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   

The problem here is, there is no evidence that Zimmerman just walked up to Trayvon and stuck a gun in his face. Or that Zimmerman threatened Trayvon before anything started. Unless Zimmerman was threatening Martin directly, there was no justification for Martin to attack him just because he was following him.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

Nonsense. This would be political suicide. I'll wait for a credible news source to confirm it.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

"hello, you seem to be following me, can i help you with something?"

martin had the physical advantage. he could easily engage zimmerman in conversation without putting himself in any more risk than he initially did.

*zimmerman responding to the above* "we've had a string of thefts recently and i am part of the neighborhood watch. i haven't seen you before and i was wondering what you're doing out so late in this neighborhood."

*martin* "i'm staying with a relative *gives the name*, and i just walked down to the gas station to buy some skittles."

*zimmerman* "I dont believe ya im gonna have to ask you to stay here police are in route"

*Martin* Im going home, you cant detain me bro

*Zimmerman* Grabs martins arm! You're not going anywhere.

*Martin* Swings, gets advantage on Zimmerman

ZImmerman* Pow shoots and kills martin

Now how would you feel in that scenario?

edit on 14-7-2013 by bruteforce13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

I'll give you that. It's possible that Martin might have been able to have whip him. But does that really justify shooting him? If he was that scared why not just run? I guess a gat really is a man's best friend.

edit on 14-7-2013 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I just realized I don't even really care about this story that much. So I wondered, why the heck am I here in this thread chatting about it?

I then realized, it's the energy of the issue itself. It's so ultra controversial and charged with anger and emotion.

Like a moth to the flame, I am so strongly attracted to issues of this nature (crazy over the top insanity).
Perhaps it is because I love to dispel myths (or at least attempt to).

Can you folks feel/notice the "energy" of this "issue"? It is very volatile right now, and alarming (to an extent).
Calm is what we need. Calm clear headed logic.

What are the "Kubler Ross 5 Stages of Grief"?

1) Denial
2) Anger
3) Bargaining
4) Depression
5) Acceptance

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join