It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News! George Zimmerman found not guilty.

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by PLASIFISK

Absolutely not guilty!!

I'm with you on that one.

I'm glad Trayvon black azz is dead to!

See I'm with you!!

Funny the primary voice of hate and racism here is someone who admitted earlier to being sarcastic and saying the opposite of how they felt.

I think they want to make certain groups look racist to casual onlookers, without anyone realizing he is actually a provocateur placing charged rhetoric in a place where people may not realize how utterly fabricated and false it really is.

Shame on you whoever you are.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

link   

Originally posted by Astrocyte
reply to post by muzzleflash

There's a very low probability of that. Eg. MMA, Boxing, etc.

actually muzzleflash is right, when i was in the corps they use to teach us this in hand to hand. i don't know if they still do. another thing they taught us is how to kill by breaking the nose.

here is a link, talking about it in use of martrial arts. read the whole thing.

Can a blow to the nose kill someone? Yes! If enough force and skill is used the blow could cause fractures of the facial bones or shock trauma to the brain. This trauma causes hemorrhaging (bleeding) within the brain or cranium and requires immediate medical care. If you doubt this, ask any emergency room worker about it.

Blows to the nose in self-defense can prove to be very effective both physically and psychologically against an assailant. Almost any tap to the nose causes pain and the eyes to water. A good solid hit will cause a satisfying crunch and copious amounts of bleeding. The sight of their own blood has caused many an attacker to change their mind.

well i better not post the link, if you want to U2U me i'll give it to you.

they also taught us 101 ways to kill using a brick or rock, well may not a 101, but they did show us how to kill with both.
edit on 14-7-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Well I guess if your a woman, you gotta do what you gotta do. Height means nothing, go back and look at the original photos and tell me who had the size advantage. Zimmerman must have been soft as cotton if he thought the only way to take him down was by shooting. Zimmerman was 21, Martin was 17. Are 21 year old's really that soft these days, lol.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
5th Amendment baby!!

link   

Originally posted by Astrocyte
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

So you don't think blacks are profiled more often that whites?

I think, in most cases, the police stop whoever fits the description for crime in the area. Depending on the demographics, more people of one race or another might be stopped. I don't have issues with this. As I stated, I didn't mind the police stopping my then-minor son, when he looked somewhat like their description of a suspect. Neither did he. They were polite about it. The police we have here are actually very good at their jobs. I haven't heard ANY complaints against them, in the years we've been here. Yes, I know that isn't always the case, but it isn't always about race when someone is stopped, either. It's a fact that a lot of crime in some places is committed by blacks. Whatever the reasons, be they cultural, gang-related, or what, I don't know, but it happens. Finding a solution to that problem would be a good step, after this incident. Something that could save a LOT of lives. Much of the crime in inner cities is black-on-black. Kids shot in drive-bys. Stories like that are too common. We need a solution.

link   

Originally posted by Whatsreal
reply to post by TKDRL

Um... this is hugely flawed logic on your part. Zimmerman followed Martin, not the other way around. He was taking a risk, and it turned out badly for him.

Comparing Zimmerman to a rape victim is beyond moronic. A rape victim doesn't go out looking for rapist. And that woman (or man, men can be raped too) has every right to defend herself (or himself).

Zimmerman went after what appeared to him to be a suspicious looking individual. Things went south, he took a KIDS life. Lets not forget the fact that Martin wasn't even old enough to vote.

Yeah, and the woman was outside alone at night, she took a huge risk and it ended badly for her.

Assault victims don't go out looking for a thug to beat them. He was walking around his own neighborhood.

Kid or not, he assaulted and battered another person. He signed his own death warrant. What do you want Zimmerman to do, card him before he shoots?
edit on Sun, 14 Jul 2013 01:52:08 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
reply to post by PLASIFISK

No, you confront them. Ask them if there is a problem, why they are following you. Provided they haven't done anything else other than follow you. If they don't respond, or look like they are going to attack or do something else, then you can do whatever you need to do to stop them.

Simply following someone does not necessarily mean a direct threat, only a potential one.

Ok. So put yourself in Trayvon's shoes.

How would you have reacted?

I have had two occasions when i have been followed.

Once i was walking to a park and some guy started following.. I asked him if i could help him and he said he was going to cut me and proceeded to take a knife out of his pocket..

i cleaned his clock and took his knife.

second instance.. i was walking through a neighborhood while working. A man began to follow me and I turned around and ask him if i could help him.. he asked who i was and what i was doing there. I explained what i was doing and even gave him the number of my employer if he still had a problem.

if you see by my experience. You don't have to act like a paranoid idiot if someone follows you and you have to have the intelligence of knowing how to handle the situation. I assessed both situations and handled them accordingly.

this man tre made poor decisions in coming back to attack a person who was following him..

following someone is not a crime.. attack someone who is following you simply because you are a paranoid twit is a crime

edit on 14-7-2013 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Absolutely not guilty!!

I'm with you on that one.

I'm glad Trayvon black azz is dead to!

See I'm with you!!

Funny the primary voice of hate and racism here is someone who admitted earlier to being sarcastic and saying the opposite of how they felt.

I think they want to make certain groups look racist to casual onlookers, without anyone realizing he is actually a provocateur placing charged rhetoric in a place where people may not realize how utterly fabricated and false it really is.

Shame on you whoever you are.

I am being sarcastic.

I can be friends with anybody.

Just adopt the frame of thought.

It's too easy.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph

Originally posted by NotAnAspie

Originally posted by DeadSeraph
reply to post by Spider879

Why do you not show the same resolve and commitment to action over the violence you visit upon yourselves in your own communities? You've been told this is a racial issue, so you make it one.
edit on 14-7-2013 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

I'd tell you how many white men I have seen commit crimes of all sorts, never to even be investigated... and some of them quite violent and assaulting in more ways than one... I'd tell you, but it would take way too long.

I've seen white people commit crimes too. I've also seen native americans commit crimes and get away with it (and my partner is native american, and our daughter is mixed race). What the hell does that have to do with anything?

Prove the case was racially motivated. You can't. Neither could the BLACK JURORS, that's why Zimmerman is a free man.
edit on 14-7-2013 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

You don't get my drift.

The majority of my adult life has been in observation of the abuse, violence and perversions of white men.

I told you... this will take a WHILE.

I'm not talking smoking weed and driving drunk and crap that many people have done.
I'm talking about the pure old fashioned type of domineering, behind closed doors, get your white male friends to back you up type of sexual and violent criminal behavior.

You know. From the type of proud, stubborn, know it all kind of man who tends to be in charge of things around him that the whole world has grown to hate. That kind of white man. The one that whitewashes his world and has you believing he has values when what he really is is a low down abusive sexist racist lying snake that just happens to have gotten himself into various positions of control and it's always this type of man who is the desperate to keep that control.

They are a dime a dozen.

As a matter of fact I have repeatedly had to convince myself that other kinds of white men exist... and they do, but they are either young and undamaged in the mind or they're are just smarter than average man or not smart at all and unable to form his area of deceit.

I'm talking dozens and dozens of examples here... about things I have narrowly escaped, had to endure or am simply aware has happened.

And if you are chattel of a white man and you call the police on that white man, you better be bleeding or half dead or they are just not going to do anything... because they are not going to believe that a white man is that sneaky because they carry this stupid idea around that white men don't commit crimes like other men do... but then again, that male cop standing at the door has never been bent over the table by a white man... so how the hell would he know?
edit on 14-7-2013 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker

Well I guess if your a woman, you gotta do what you gotta do. Height means nothing, go back and look at the original photos and tell me who had the size advantage. Zimmerman must have been soft as cotton if he thought the only way to take him down was by shooting. Zimmerman was 21, Martin was 17. Are 21 year old's really that soft these days, lol.

21!!???!? You typed that twice so I know that's not a typo. You know nothing of this case do you?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Originally posted by freedom12
ATSer's-

The sad thing is, two posters in the last few pages of this thread, seem to think the term "hood rat" is fine to use.

After all the discussion nationwide, on the trial/racial issues, we have folks(and probably many others on this lengthy thread) who continue to hate others of a different skin pigmentation.

What have we learned? Nothing it appears!!

Sad.

This entire trial was racially charged.

It’s funny you take acceptation to the term “hood rat” yet you had no problem with “creepy cracker”.

Spare us your indignation!!!

edit on 14-7-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

Any term used as an insult to any race is offensive, whether it be "creepy cracker", "hood rat" , or whatever.

BTW, for the gentleman who used the term "hood rat", then tried to tell me to google/look it up, has never actually been to a "hood" or he would know, the term was actually created by "blacks" to refer to a woman who sleeps with lot's of "black men".

An invitation was extended to this person(via PM) who claims to be an Illinoisian/Marine to go to Chicago and meet some of his "brothers" with myself. I'll spring for gas and drive!

If I can help just one person to tolerate his neighbors/fellow-man, it will make a difference.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   

No, you confront them. Ask them if there is a problem, why they are following you. Provided they haven't done anything else other than follow you. If they don't respond, or look like they are going to attack or do something else, then you can do whatever you need to do to stop them.

Simply following someone does not necessarily mean a direct threat, only a potential one.

Really? Why not just walk into your house and get others to help you figure out who is this person following you is? Zimmerman was following, Martin confronted with intent to do harm, which he did.

Lets say Martin did that and he and his mother confronted Zimmerman. When they ask Zimmerman what is he doing he might just of said neighborhood watch...end of story, everyone goes home.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker

Whether GZ was soft does not matter. The moment TM punched him in the nose he committed a crime called battery. Then getting on top of GZ and bashing his face and head in over and over was aggravated battery. A neighbor told TM to stop and he was calling 911. Had TM stopped then he would have been arrested for aggravated battery and that would have been the end of it. Instead he continued. GM had every right to defend himself and he did. The jury heard the State's evidence and thought it was not able to prove their case. They did not even give manslaughter and thus, there was no case. The DA who filed the indictment did it for political reasons and never gave full evidence which would have included the images of GZ wounds. She deserved to be disbarred and sued for all she is worth. I am sure Mr. Zimmerman will be a very rich man, and I hope he takes his millions and leaves the country because sadly though he was the victim of battery he will never be safe here in America.

As a side note, GZ was not breaking the law doing his job as a neighborhood watch person. TM could have said, "Hey, I live here, stop following me". Instead he chose to assault Mr. Zimmerman and I think the evidence is clear he had some pretty bad attitude problems.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by votan

I have had two occasions when i have been followed.

Once i was walking to a park and some guy started following.. I asked him if i could help him and he said he was going to cut me and proceeded to take a knife out of his pocket..

i cleaned his clock and took his knife.

second instance.. i was walking through a neighborhood while working. A man began to follow me and I turned around and ask him if i could help him.. he asked who i was and what i was doing there. I explained what i was doing and even gave him the number of my employer if he still had a problem.

if you see by my experience. You don't have to act like a paranoid idiot if someone follows you and you have to have the intelligence of knowing how to handle the situation. I assessed both situations and handled them accordingly.

this man tre made poor decisions in coming back to attack a person who was following him..

following someone is not a crime.. attack someone who is following you simply because you are a paranoid twit is a crime

edit on 14-7-2013 by votan because: (no reason given)

Well this paranoid idiot twit has been robbed 3 times, and car jacked once. All were in my early twenties I'm in my 30's now.

Now.....would I have like to kindly ask with a smile on my face....excuse me sir, may I ask what is the nature of you following me?.....lol. But clearly..... A gun in your face sets the tone......ya think... You twit.

link   
reply to post by votan

The way you handled those situations were good. However if I was Martin, im a lot bigger and stronger than he was and if he couldn't handle Martin would be in a world of trouble with me.. I would have turned around and asked George what his issue was. Now had he put his hands on me swung, pushed , or grabbed my arm i would have defended myself and I would have gotten shot for it as well. And he would have gotten away with it too.

Its very possible Martin attacked first. Its possible Zimmerman did. The jury got it right as there was nothing to really contradict Zims story. But this does go to show how easy murder is to get away with if you are smart. If you are smart theres only gonna be 2 witnesses and one of them is gonna be dead. I will not sit here and say its not possible Zimmerman could not have lied. But its not possible to know this and conjecture means nothing so the verdict was the right one.
edit on 14-7-2013 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by NotAnAspie

I'm sorry you had to go through that garbage. But it's irrelevant to the case. Zimmerman isn't even white, and the whole of WHITE MEDIA practically crucified him. Again, it's a self defense issue, and not a race issue.

At what point do you stop letting the disgusting things you've seen white people do in the past cloud the way you see them in the present or in the future?

It's ironic because the bulk of the racial profiling in this case never came from Zimmerman. It comes from the media, and people like you.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   

How would I have reacted? I know because I've been in this situation before.

I would have first tried to figure out if Zimmerman was a direct threat. If he looked to be dangerous, and I was unarmed, I'd run like hell home. If he was not, I'd ask him what's up, was there some reason he was following me. Depending on how he responds would dictate my reaction.

1. If he was asking me questions about why I was there, I'd tell him I'm staying with family, I'm on my way home. If he got pushy or belligerent, I'd tell him to leave me alone, or I'd call the cops on my cell phone. If he acted threateningly, like he was going to attack or abduct me, and I was unarmed, I'd run the hell home and tell my dad about that "creepy ass cracker", or get somewhere safe, even jump into someone's yard if he started chasing me. And hit the 911 speed dial on my phone.

2. If Zimmerman was just being a jerk, but didn't do anything to physically threaten me, and wouldn't leave me alone, I'd go home and tell my parents about him. Maybe even call the cops. I sure as hell would not circle around and attack him, or get mouthy towards him.

What I am not going to do is simply attack or get belligerent with someone I do not know if they have not threatened me first.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   

So saying I would not just go into the house and I circled back...

I would ask him why is he following me and he would most likely say he was the neighborhood watch... I would say cool I'm staying over here and turn and walk to the house.

Now if Zimmerman got verbally aggressive I would still just walk to the house since that is my alibi as to why I was there and I would get others who live in the neighborhood to confront Zimmerman.

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join