It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News! George Zimmerman found not guilty.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Onslaught2996

Really?

So facts be damned huh?

Just hope someone murders Zimmerman in the streets?
Sounds civilized.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I can tell you exactly what she has to say

"BOMBSHELL TONIIIGHT!!!!"

Seriously though I hope she strokes out. I hate her.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I think we should all hug eachother and say "World peace!"

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Onslaught2996
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

It has nothing to do with race. I know thats how you want things to be, but it's just not reality. Just because a person believes in the right to self defense does not make them a racist or mean they want free range to kill dark skinned people. Give your head a shake.
edit on Sat Jul 13 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I just really hope that this does not turn into the 1992 riots. In my opinion the justice system prevailed tonight others might disagree but that's the beauty of this country and that's why trials exist. No evidence no conviction.

link   
Stand by for the inner city theatrics in 5, 4, 3...

Stay off the streets tonight!
edit on 13-7-2013 by capod2t because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail
Well, I take comfort in the fact that he will never truly be a free man.

What a way to live?? Looking over your shoulder for the rest of your life!

nope, i bet george is fixin to leave the country and go to peru where his mother is from, and live like a king off the book deals, movie rights, and the law suits that his civil lawyers are gonna make him.
edit on 13-7-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Onslaught2996 [SNIP] of T&C violation

That is ridiculous of course. Can we please just skip this kind of ignorance for one thread?
He was justified, EVERY ounce of proof indicated it, and now he was found innocent by a jury of his peers based on that evidence.

Did you watch the case?

edit on 7/13/2013 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
His life is ruined.

Even being found not guilty he is in the court of public opinion.

Which was formed with incomplete information, political and racial bias from leaders who are supposed to be uniting people not causing major rifts.

People hiding facts and playing off a violent, drug dealing, gun dealing, racist wanna-be thug as a sweet innocent kid.

I don't want to pin a medal on Zimmerman or anything, and I certainly don't think it was a great resolution to the situation. And if it was Zimmerman that died that night I'd probably support Martin in a self defence plea. So I agree with the verdict.

The way the media and politicians portrayed this was irresponsible.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Angela Corey is on t.v. right now.
She is the scum of the Earth and I hope Zimmerman sues her. She falsified the arrest warrant leaving out the exculpatory evidence after the DOJ hired her.

I wish she was fired.

link   
Greetings, litterbaux,

Is it likely that Hollywood will produce a movie about the case? TV-Documentary or "Mini-Series?"

link   
I am encouraged and inspired by the verdict here. Despite political pressure(s), I believe the Jury did their job and 'voted' accordingly. All they had to weigh was the facts and evidence provided, and although I speculated they would find him guilty, I am glad they voted with accordance of the law. Mind you, this does not reflect one way or another my personal beliefs or feelings, but kudos to the jury for holding to what they believed was true. I am glad to see the justice system working as intended, beyond outside pressures.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Absolutely the truth which was why I was shocked at the verdict.

What happened during the ZT should never happen as the judicial system is suppose to be blind.

Think the prosecution should be disbarred, and the Judge herself.

That is just my opinion though others will vary.'

And the media pundits should be ashamed of themselves.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I guess Zimmerman will be going to pick up his 2 passports he had to turn in.

+37 more 
posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
A suggestion?

Make a statement, express your opinion, exercise your right to free expression.

Then focus on the hundreds of deaths that take place every day in gang-related violence.

Focus on the homeless and the hungry.

Give some time or money to your favourite charity.

Look at the unemployment, the lousy economy, our terrible foreign policy.

Pay attention to the TSA, DHS, Snowden, NSA. . . etc.

Focus on the immigration bill.

This was one man on trial. It is now over. The verdict is in.

Time to move on folks.

Cheers,

Beez

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
This is one of the few times I wish I still had cable. I would love to watch certain MSM outlets eat some crow at this point.

BTW I was down at the courthouse earlier today but believe me when I say Z supporters were not welcome. Anyway it was interesting listening to what some had to say none of which would be T&C friendly here. I wasn't planning on staying around there anyway I had better things to do but it was interesting.

+3 more 
link   
Now we can hear all the usual excuses for failure from the prosecutors.

The White House must be in a scurrying thunder-fury right about now

Damage control is job one.

What will all those instigators say now ?

+10 more 
link   
I posted this 2 days ago here:

I can get in your face, and call you every name under the sun. That doesn't make me an aggressor.

I can follow you from a store to a parking lot and stand right next to your door while you get in the car. That doesn't make me an aggressor. A little creepy, maybe, but not an aggressor.

If you are in my neighborhood, even if you live in it, and I don't know you, I can ask you what you're doing in my neighborhood, and you don't have to answer me, but I can certainly ask. If I think you're doing something sneaky or suspicious, I can follow you in the event that you commit a crime, which makes me an eye witness, and that is perfectly legal.

The moment you put your hands (or anything else) on me, YOU are the aggressor, PERIOD. It doesn't matter how mad I make you, how much you think I'm a creep, how much I annoy you, how many verbal threats I make. There is nothing illegal about any of it, and it is not a felony. Do you know how many times police are called over verbal threats, and tell the victim "There is nothing we can do until they DO something..." It happens ALL the time, just call the non-emergency line at your police department and find out yourself. They will take a report so that it's on record just in case something does actually happen, but there is no action they can take because no laws were broken.

In Florida, stand your ground means that if you are the victim of a FELONY, of any kind, especially those that cause bodily harm or threaten life or property, you have the RIGHT to defend yourself with deadly force. That is the law, like it or not.

It's highly doubtful that Zimmerman struck Trayvon first, I just don't see that happening based on everything heard in the case. Again, even if Zimmerman got out of his car, and stayed 5 feet behind Trayvon the entire time, it doesn't make him the aggressor. It's the person who commits the felony against someone else that is the aggressor and entitles the victim to self-defense.

Like it or not, that's the way it works and the way the law states it. The burden of truth is on the prosecution to prove BEYOND a reasonable doubt, that Zimmerman committed murder, and that is not going to happen, because there is tons of doubt here. Even manslaughter is a stretch because of the amount of doubt, and it only takes one juror's doubt to hang the jury.

I think he is acquitted, or found guilty of manslaughter MAYBE but definitely not murder in the second.

This was not about race. It was about self-defense as others have stated. Race is used most of the time as a way to bait emotional responses from people and did not have a part in this case, it was not a hate crime. It was so politically charged, I don't know how anyone can deny that.

This was a great example of self-defense, and I guarantee you that criminals all over the state will be second-guessing themselves and their actions tonight.

~Namaste

edit on 13-7-2013 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I wonder what Obama has to say about the verdict.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join