It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News! George Zimmerman found not guilty.

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Avoiceinthewilderness
If I was confronted by a "Neighborhood Watch" person and asked questions, I would remain polite and answer them having nothing to hide. If my father lived there I would ask the guy for a ride home and meet him. Someone got in someones face for nothing better than being tough. I don't care if a person thinks they are being racially profiled, it's fine to express your feelings about it but resorting to physical violence will always end up with a looser.

In the sixties and seventies having long hair got you profiled and treated the same way as a black person. Spread eagle, search the car, called names and having police trying to insult to get a physical reaction so they can beat the crap out of you. Keeping your cool and not fighting lead to driving away saying "What @#%^& jerks" with nothing else happening.

It is a sad event when someone losses their life for no good reason. If only words were exchanged there would never of been a trial.

Zimmerman was part of a witch hunt and every bodies personal causes with racism waved their flag. If you would of mixed up the colors of who got shot and who did the shooting with all the same information and situation, it would be a whole different media bias and might not be news worthy at all. There might not even have been any charges at all treating it as self defense from the beginning.

From the moment he got out of the car I would have known he had a gun, because who would walk into that situation without one? Honestly, I probably would have just run from him the moment he came toward me. Even in Florida, if you shoot someone in the back, you are probably going to jail. On top of that, Zimmerman is kinda chunky, so I doubt that he could keep up with a 17 year old.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Avoiceinthewilderness
If I was confronted by a "Neighborhood Watch" person and asked questions, I would remain polite and answer them having nothing to hide. If my father lived there I would ask the guy for a ride home and meet him. Someone got in someones face for nothing better than being tough. I don't care if a person thinks they are being racially profiled, it's fine to express your feelings about it but resorting to physical violence will always end up with a looser.

In the sixties and seventies having long hair got you profiled and treated the same way as a black person. Spread eagle, search the car, called names and having police trying to insult to get a physical reaction so they can beat the crap out of you. Keeping your cool and not fighting lead to driving away saying "What @#%^& jerks" with nothing else happening.

It is a sad event when someone losses their life for no good reason. If only words were exchanged there would never of been a trial.

Zimmerman was part of a witch hunt and every bodies personal causes with racism waved their flag. If you would of mixed up the colors of who got shot and who did the shooting with all the same information and situation, it would be a whole different media bias and might not be news worthy at all. There might not even have been any charges at all treating it as self defense from the beginning.

You would get in a mans car that you don't know after dark... at the age of 17.

That's not the world we live in. The world we live in is the one where you don't just let people follow you home.

There is a reason cops wear uniforms and carry badges. Zimmerman isn't a cop... and he completely forgot that.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
You know, technically? This means he keeps his CCW permit, if he'd like to ..
You do not need a CCW to carry a concealed weapon in Florida. That is why we have the 3 step law here and that applies to those that do not have their permits. Also to note, the law is shady when it comes to felons carrying in their car and on their personal property.

link   

link   

link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
Protesting the verdict?

www.ustream.tv...

No Justice, No Peace?

Quite possibly the lamest protest ever. Just sayin'.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Justice has been done.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by cd5love96
I rarely post on here but here's my few words:

I can't believe he wasn't found guilty. He was specifically told NOT to pursue TM but did instead. That right there speaks volumes. He got away with murder just like Casey Anthony did.

I'm half African-American and Hispanic by the way.

I'm half black and hispanic as well and your post just goes to show how much the media infected the public.

You can't even separate fact from speculation. You still think Zimmerman continued to follow Trayvon after being told not to, but point me to just one piece of evidence that shows that he did. Show me proof that Zimmerman continued to follow Trayvon.

You won't, because you can't. You can't, because there is no evidence that he did.

Its just like the lie that Zimmerman was told to stay in his truck. That never happened either.

Or the lie that Zimmerman hunted down Trayvon and shot him in cold blood. That never happened either.

Zimmerman shot Trayvon only after being pummeled on the ground.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
With all of the injustice in this country and this is what people are gonna riot about? A veritable non-issue in comparison to the problems we as human beings all face together?

What a joke this entire educational system really is. These people should know better than this garbage.
Shame on the MSM and shame on anyone that believes in it.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by bruteforce13
Everyone grab your side arms its the wild west again. Ill tell you why people like Mrs green eyes are excited about the not guilty Verdict. We have a lot of people OBSESSED over guns in this country. They think this will make it easier for them to shoot a unarmed person. Make no mistake all these people hate paying thousands of dollars for there gun collections and are tired of shooting paper targets!! They want to use it on the real deal and this case gives them headway to do that. They can start a fight in Fla, start losing it and shoot to kill.

The machismo on gun owning is hilarious. 99% of Americans are fat, lazy , and weak like Georgie and there guns are there crutch.

You know what else is hilarious is how progressives will cry and cry about profiling and then do the exact same thing they are crying about. You are making blanket statements and I bet if it was something you believed in you would be the first person crying a river of hypocrisy.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
The protests in Miami with a photo....

Photo: People gather in front of capital building in Miami, Florida to protest Zimmerman verdict

They look like peaceful protesters though, as opposed to rough looking types for riots. Of course, that isn't showing but one bit, but it's encouraging?

Breaking News - Trayvon Martin Section

^^^ That is the section carrying a lot of the breaking stuff. It beats or directly carries AP and Reuters enough to mention.
edit on 14-7-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: * Added Breaking News Source

link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

Just think of how much better America would be if we could just drop a bomb on protests like that and end their hateful intentions with one fell swoop.

I hope the police have no mercy on these lowlife over-entitled terrorists.

link   

Originally posted by Astrocyte
reply to post by Grimpachi

So let me get this strait...hmmm. you think following someone is worse than being assaulted by someone.

Did I say that? I forgot to finish my point, but even if I had I doubt you would have had the perspicacity to restrain yourself from asking me this question. My point was: the conspiracy narrative discredits the justifiable argument of the prosecution, that racial profiling led to this kerfuffle.

As for assault and racial profiling? Yes, assault is obviously worse. But can I ask you a question? Consider it a thought experiment. What if you followed someone you knew was probably violent, but you had a weapon on you, so you felt emboldened to approach him. If this person happens to respond in a manner consistent with what probability predicts - that he will violently attack you - should your claim of "self defense" be upheld?

Think about it. A gun is an extremely serious weapon. When you approach that kid who in all likelihood might respond violently, you entered a context where killing him became an ever greater possibility. Is this a mature use of this responsibility? Did George Zimmerman consider the value of the human life he was to take when he came towards him with a gun?

BTW it is against T&C to mention forms of drugs here. Just FYI.

Ughhhh.. So in the "political issues" thread, we should just pretend that laws pertaining to drug use should not be discussed, simply because the word "coc aine" (oops, sorry!) was used? I don't think that was the intention of the authors of the T&C. Rather - and this only goes to show how poor your analytical ability is - it probably refers to personal use of these drugs. Not in discussing them in the context of their political relevance.

Well you can keep mentioning whatever substances you wish I was honestly letting you know because I have seen post infractions for less but you’re welcome to keep testing the waters if you want.
------------------------------------
As for the rest about following known dangerous people I couldn’t help to think back on the military. So maybe my view on that is skewed.

However regardless of whether you think it wrong to follow dangerous people or not it isn’t against the law in the USA and it certainly does not justify being assaulted. The aggression is in the assault not the following. So yes I do believe self-defense is completely justifiable.

It seems you are suggesting a dangerously callous mentality. Don’t follow suspicious people, look away if you hear cries for help, don’t get involved, mind your own business. That is what you seem to be promoting. At least that is how it comes off to me.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by AlexG141989

Do you think his profiling Treyvon had anything to do with it?

I'm a little hazy on all the details of this case. What reason did George Zimmerman give for following Treyvon Martin?

link   

reply to post by muzzleflash

Yep fist against guns. Post a pic yo u are probably a unfit fat American who leans on a gun. In other words a punk ass coward

So women are cowards if they carry a gun to protect themselves from 300lb rapists?
Answer the question.

Should only the big tough people rule the world? And all the smaller less violent types should be forced to be their slaves?

Hell no. The gun is the great equalizer.
Technology always trumps brute strength.

link   

reply to post by muzzleflash

Yep fist against guns. Post a pic yo u are probably a unfit fat American who leans on a gun. In other words a punk ass coward

Here we go with another progressive attack. Like I told another poster I bet you cry and cry for tolerance and not profiling. Gotta love irony. I bet you do not even understand what I am saying but what the heck it is fun to point it out anyway.

edit on 14-7-2013 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astrocyte
My observations:

1) He absolutely, without a shadow of a doubt, profiled Treyvon Martin. *snip*

That's not proven at all. All indications are that he was not acting based on race, but on behavior. When he placed the call, he wasn't even sure of race. Plus, this uproar about "profiling" is a bit overdone. If the police know suspects in a certain crime fit a certain description, and they look for people that fit the description, technically, you could call that "profiling", but what it is is common sense. MY on was actually stopped one night, by the police, because he was similar in description to a suspect. He's white. They spoke to him, looked him over, saw he wasn't whoever they wanted, and that was that. he wasn't offended, and neither was I. When a neighborhood is plagued by burglaries, and black teens are seen involved, and one is even arrested, then believing suspicious behavior from a teen that looks like the suspects, and calling this in to the authorities, that's simple logic.

Martin was shot for assaulting Zimmerman, not for his color, and that is what matters.

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join