It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News! George Zimmerman found not guilty.

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   

edit on 13-7-2013 by LadyofGlass because:

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by timidobserver

I do not live in that world actually....... Sorry charlie.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
The entire MSM is on suicide watch tonight

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I think it's most amazing how Zimmerman can get a "speedy quick trial" and yet on the other hand we have all sorts of long drawn out cases for whatever reasons. Like all of our recent false flag culprits etc.

This case was far more difficult to determine than say something straight forward like shooting up a movie theater. But yet as far as I know, they haven't even began trial even though it's way older and if any of it is true than it's a clear cut case.

The James Holmes trial doesn't even begin until 2014 according to this recent article:
Link

So I am confused.

Here with Zimmerman, the case is difficult to decide, yet rushed through the system pronto.
But with Holmes, the case is extremely obvious to determine (if any of it's even true). Yet it is bogged down and slower than a snail? I find this very confusing and it doesn't make sense to me.
Seems backwards.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

I agree with the verdict cause the evidence to convict just wasn't there. However I think Zimmerman still made a poor decision in following. Playing Devils advocate how would you feel if Zimmerman told reporters tomm he tried to detain Martin and thats when Martin attacked? Since none of us were there this COULD have happened.

edit on 13-7-2013 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

I do not live in that world actually....... Sorry charlie.

Sure you do. Without the spot light, this case probably would have never gone to court.

Most rational people admit that defending Zimmerman from a manslaughter charge here would have been quite difficult.
edit on 13-7-2013 by timidobserver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Did they request a speedy trial? In cases like that, they are going to need a lot of time to build up a defense. This one should have never even gone to trial.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
In a previous post in a previous thread, I vowed to eat my hat if Zimmerman walked.

Well, I've got bad news. That's not going to happen. It's not that I'm necessarily adverse to eating a hat - acclaimed filmmaker Werner Herzog once famously ate a shoe and suffered no ill effects, and he's a personal hero of mine.

It's just that I'm emotionally attached to my hat, the ol' gal and I have been though a lot together. Yes, my hat's a lady. Like how a car is a lady.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
What amazes me is, is that it doesn't matter how many f'ed up things the media did to Zimmerman (edited 9/11 calls, continual use (even now) of an outdated picture where Martin looks like a kid) and it also doesn't matter that the DOJ got involved last year with those rallies, (making this a more political witchunt than trial) ppl are STILL bent out of shape about this racially. To hell with the FACTS of the case, right?

I thank God for days like this, it makes my ignore list so much easier to fill.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Mr. Zimmerman's conscience will be his punishment. Many of us on ATS talk a big game about standing our ground or killing in self defense. Taking a life is no simple matter and he will be left pondering the many less lethal scenarios he may have chosen. What if in that moment he really intended to wound this young man but the shot hit Treyvon's heart. Now he has an oh s**t situation. I would not want to live with that. Mr. Zimmerman may have been acquitted by his peers but the conscience will play games for ever. That is life in prison.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by shell69

I say this kid brought SKITTLES to a gun fight... let me just say...NONE of us should feel like we are justified in some manner to physically assault anyone... regardless of their race or age and believe that there is absolutely NO chance we'll be shot or in turn physically assaulted as well, to the point of death.
*snip*
That is the ARROGANCE that caused this entire situation, if you ask me. I believe that someone's pride and arrogance got in the way of another's belief that he had to protect his neighborhood and his family at the end of the day. This young man could have simply said... hey, I was just returning home from getting me some Skittles and some Tea... let me just go home please! Instead he chose to assault a grown ass man!!! This was this mistake on this day... if you ask me!

Agreed!

Originally posted by litterbaux

So you're saying the news agencies are trying to invoke more news stories?

I think you are completely on base here.

Well, of course they want more news, but here, I suspect deeper motives.
edit on 14-7-2013 by LadyGreenEyes because: snipping

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Me thinks the more money you have the longer the trial.

link   
This from Keith Olbermanns "fan page". (facebook)

If we could all stick to it and just do it, and I mean really do it! "BOYCOTT Florida." If they refuse to live in a civilized society, so be it. We don't have to take our lives into our own hands when we visit their state and possibly lose our life in a state that is filled with murderers and hate. Let's just do it! Quit bringing tourism money into their state. We can force any state in this country a lack of revenue if we just stick to OUR guns (no pun intended) and not support that state in any monetary manner whatsoever.

Keith Olbermanns Fan Page

Ban Florida?? Are you effing kidding me?? WTF is wrong with these people out there?? This guy... You want to BAN Florida because there was not enough evidence to convict Zimmerman of the crimes? You're mad because the justice system worked? I cannot believe the amount of spin people like this are putting on this story. The MSM are ALL acting like idiots. There is something deeper going on here for sure.

I'm seeing so many ignorant comments on Facebook right now from people that are just absolutely ridiculous. I cannot believe this BS hive mentality going on. If people have anything to be scared of, it's the massive amount of idiots who watch the MSM and can't see past the BS. It's truly frigtening.

edit on 13-7-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by TXRabbit
What if Travon was white. Would your thinking be the same?

Certainly!

Degenerates come in all shapes, sizes and colors.

Race has nothing to do with it and anyone who thinks differently are pathetic for playing the race card everytime they get butthurt just because they didn't get their way.

Someone who hides behind the race card is a sure sign of an uneducated and over zealous person who never had an argument to begin with over this matter.

link   
My wife has a Facebook friend who is an EMT in Florida. He is saying there are some crazy things going on right now. Don’t know where he lives in Florida, but am told there are gun shots and peoples are getting hurt and/or killed. My wife is trying to get more info as I write this..

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
There is a big part of me that believes this case was highlighted for the simple reason it divides us even further.

Two sides:

Side A. Teenage black man is staying in a middle class neighborhood and decides to go buy himself a drink and rainbow candies. As he is walking, random stranger follows and approaches him thinking he is another burglar that is out to get the better of the community. He sees this man and at first walks away, then asks him why he's following him. When the other man is aggressive he fights him. As a strong youth he smashes him to the ground but not before the other gets the best and pulls the gun out...shooting him dead.

Side B:

Recent burglaries in the neighborhood have caused one of it's residents to take on the duty of the militia spirit: to scout the neighborhood while bolstering the spirit of what makes America great. One night a shady figure walks through the rain and he follows. When asked, the man became aggressive. A fight broke out and the unknown stranger was far stronger and slammed his head against the ground. In an attempt at a preemptive attack, he draws his gun and fires blindly in the heat of the battle. His head is bloodied and he is on an adrenaline rush.

My take:

Man with too much energy and pent up anger didn't have the common sense to announce he was a neighborhood watch. Instead he decided to play superhero and some black kid with some skittles now rots in unknown places. The moral of the story is that if you want to be a hero, make sure you're willing to take the precautions to take caution when dealing with "bad guys".

Oh yeah, and down that same vein....100k+ civilians are dead in Iraq now because of our hero complexes. Congratulations.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Propulsion
My wife has a Facebook friend who is an EMT in Florida. He is saying there are some crazy things going on right now. Don’t know where he lives in Florida, but am told there are gun shots and peoples are getting hurt and/or killed. My wife is trying to get more info as I write this..

Well, my neighbor shot off fireworks for an hour after the verdict and I heard a few gunshots.

link   
reply to post by Wookiep

People do not care about real justice. They only care about advancing their on views by capitalizing on this incident. A lot people are childish because they do not care about the facts despite the bad incident for both groups.

link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

Originally posted by shell69

This was this mistake on this day... if you ask me!

Actually his mistake was not being armed himself. By the looks of it everyone in this country just needs to get a holster and walk around with firearms 1880's style.

link   

But no, I do not live in that world. I live in a tiny town, where the only two bad things that have happened here in the past 10 years was an older man had gone through a messy divorce and hung himself, and a kid got killed in a car wreck.

I don't have to deal with the sort of crime in the first place to really worry much in the first place. I don't have to be worried about home invasions, I don't have to worry about someone jumping on me and beating me. I am more likely to get mauled by a bear than accosted by another human being, and bear maulings are super rare.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join