It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News! George Zimmerman found not guilty.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
They had to come out with the verdict late on a hot Saturday night. Of all times and all days of the week. Really... Couldn't have been morning when people are still sleeping off the night before?

I think this may go badly tonight. I sincerely hope I'm wrong and absolutely nothing happens.

Trust me, that is one of the worst place for the blacks to start rioting. The rednecks will have a field day with them if they do anything but trash their own black neighborhoods.

link   
although i disagree with the outcome according to our judicial system the prosecutions case was just not strong enough to convict zimmerman. i have to accept it for what it is. i hope and pray that the rest of america will peacefully protest and not riot.

link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I'm not sure it was a bad idea, unless you are watching court tv you aren't going to know until tomorrow anyway. The decision was going to get out eventually anyway, there may not have been a better time.

I've always been on the fence about his case, we'll never know what happened that night. I hope George finds a hole to hide in now tho.

Even tho he is a free man, he will never truly be free ever again.

+15 more 
link   
Ive been following this from day one.

I went into this thinking manslaughter would be the charge that would stick.

Throughout the trial, more and more reasonable doubt surfaced. I changed my mind after looking at all the evidence presented in the trial. The jury made a good call. Facts and common sense won in the end.
edit on 7/13/2013 by ugie1028 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

link   
" USA! USA! "

link   

Originally posted by RalagaNarHallas
reply to post by neo96

eh i think by not being guilty in court hes allowed to reap benefits and royalties for any stories about his life,i also think hes gonna sue the media and get a good chunk of change and if wise take his money and move to mexico or some small tropical island and leave the usa behind as a dark mark on his past

Until his record is expunged and record clear he can't.

He has to petition the court, and if he is smart never pick up a gun ever again which by law until his record is clear he can't legally do.

link   
Probably the correct decision.....Now for the fun and games to begin.

link   
Will Zimmerman and his lawyers hold a press conference tonight? I'd love to hear from them and see what they have to say

+40 more 
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail
Well, I take comfort in the fact that he will never truly be a free man.

What a way to live?? Looking over your shoulder for the rest of your life!

You applaud this? I find that disgusting, personally. I am quite shocked at the verdict. After the media circus, it seemed like the pressure was on for a conviction. Between all the threats made by more radical individuals and groups, I figured we'd have another OJ verdict passed down.

While I am saddened that a boy lost his life (one who had so much of it left to live) and I feel sympathy for his family, I believe that justice was served in this case. I am of the opinion that the right to self defense is fundamental to a free society, and that is what occurred between Zimmerman and Martin.

Hopefully cooler heads prevail in the aftermath of the verdict, but I have my doubts.

+37 more 
posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Onslaught2996
Only in America do they think it is OK to racially profile a black kid and then be allowed to kill him.

No wonder the world can't stand that country. Yeah there is no racism in America
it is all in everyone's head.

There was never any evidence to support that Zimmerman racially profiled Martin.

Even the FBI ruled out race as a motive.

On top of that the prosecution never proved their case against him.

The jury acquitted him and rightly so.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
His life is ruined.

Even being found not guilty he is in the court of public opinion.

*True enough Neo.This guy lost either way.Now I guess he has to live under a rock like Case Anthony even after he was found not guilty.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

edit on 13/7/13 by JAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Angela Corey is such a joke......

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   

+11 more 
link   
I am black and I shed a tear for this verdict.

NOT GUILTY!! YEAAAHH!!

Now I'm getting all kinds of text messages from my peers that I am celebrating a black boy's death. I am NOT!

I have 2 black son's, and I don't celebrate ANYONE's death.

Now, all those angry mobs outside of Florida should keep their energy and their signs and take it to Memphis, Birmingham, Detroit, Philidelphia, and more, all starting with Chicago (yeah right, tho.)

link   
And now begins the rising tension, can already feel the divide sweltering 5 mins into reading comments across the boards. Some are physically ill and crying, some are in complete wonderment while the rest are just pissed.

Now on cue come the trolls to anger the rest. Just going to sit back and observe this one to take it all in.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by litterbaux

Well OP and folks here is the article to back it up

SANFORD, Fla.--George Zimmerman, the man accused of murdering Trayvon Martin, has been found not guilty of second-degree murder and manslaughter.

www.usatoday.com...

+5 more 
link   
Nancy Grace, you out there. Just curious what she has to say about the case. I doubt this case closes the issue of self defense. I expect some politicians will make an attempt to make changes to the law due to the out come of this case.

My biggest hope is that the Trayvon and Zimmerman family, the jury, as well as some of the witnesses are able to find peace and move on with their life. The case is over, but the nightmares have just begun for many of them.

Peace and I am out of this topic.

link   
reply to post by Happy1

Second time for me. I was proud after Casey Anthony, and I am proud again after ole George.

I would like to formerly invite Ivan and Solo and all of the other "he's guilty (i don't know why, but he is) posters" to come talk the verdict.

I hope he gets his gun back. I had a friend that defended himself and was found innocent and used a 1000 dollar gun and has been trying to get it from evidence for 6 months now.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join