It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News! George Zimmerman found not guilty.

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by derfreebie

Thanks, I try to stay away from posting on any thread that had to do with the Zimmerman trial as long as I could, because it was a very hot topic not to forger that emotions ran deep.

But I follow the trial, from the beginning I knew that this was going to be in favor of Zimmerman why? because it became a political issue and because once you put emotions aside you pretty much can take what is given and make your own opinion.

Sad that a 17 year old had to die, but we are having in this country a lot of teens dying this days and is becoming for some a way of life and it should not be like that.

link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

Originally posted by DeadSeraph

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
It seems the prosecution asked too much and this ultimately cost them.

If they went for third degree murder, wanting to cause harm but not necessarily kill, then they would have had a much better chance.

Almost like voluntary manslaughter. In fact what is the difference between third degree murder and voluntary manslaughter? "heat of passion" is just one example of wanting to hurt someone(but not necessarly kill them) with no premeditation.

Second degree requires wanting to kill someone with malice.

There is no proof Zimmerman wanted to hurt Martin whatsoever. In fact, the evidence seems to indicate the opposite. You don't call the police and report someone that you plan to assault (or worse, murder), and then go and commit the act. It's obvious Zimmerman had no intention of attacking Martin to everyone with a bit of objectivity.

Not even manslaughter? The kid DID die afterall, heh

It's not manslaughter if you're found to be acting in self-defense, which Zimmerman was.

link   
I usually have little faith in our judicial system, but tonight, some has been restored.I am so glad that the six jurors based their verdict on the evidence, facts, and the law.Even though the prosecutors, the media, the development of justice, the judge, Trayvon Martins family (and the slew of lawyers they had), EVEN THE PRESIDENT, tried to railroad George Zimmerman, the jurors did their job and based their decision on the facts and the law instead of media hype and emotion (like the prosecution wanted).
The judge, the prosecutors, media and the politicians involved should be ashamed of themselves.And no matter how hard people try, this case had nothing to do with race.
And reading some of the comments on this thread, I cannot imagine how any intelligent person could possibly think he should have been found guilty.Had I been in his situation, I would have done the same exact thing.

link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Trayvon was not trying to kill George! Your whole logic is flipped upside down.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
The jury not only found him not guilty.

They also ruled it a justifiable homicide,

this sends a massage to the criminals out there.

In the 911 call the operator specifically told Zimmerman to break off pursuit

The 911 operator does not have the right to tell a person where they can not go in a public place.
en.wikipedia.org...
Distance does not mater down the block or across the US.
en.wikipedia.org...

As long as Zimmerman did not try to stop Martin he was free to watch martin all he wanted to on public property.

I was a security officer and watched many a person
that was what i was payed to do. and yes a couple times people got into my face and threatened me for doing my job.
did i back off, no because i knew the CCTV cameras were recording me and them and i had backup .on the way.

link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
For those who want to take out Zimmerman: An eye for an eye makes the world blind

Hate runs so strong in some, they would kill by braille if that was what it came down to.

I'm afraid some folks either get real selective about when the legal system is to their liking or just don't accept it's validity at all. It's an interesting aspect to this whole thing, to be sure.

link   
Life is all about being being aware and being able to make smart decisions. One should be grounded in the real world of what is as opposed to a fantasy world of what should be. Some communities have a bigger issue with this than others.

If you live in Florida you should at least be aware of the Stand Your Ground law. You should know that it is very difficult to beat a self defense claim in Florida. At that point, you should go out of your way to avoid making people feel as if they need to defend themselves from you. One way to do this is to avoid dressing, acting, talking, or doing anything that might cause someone to think that you are criminal. If you are going to do these things, at least be around people and not on some random street in the dark, so at the very least, there may be a viable witness.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I think the verdict was just..

I also wonder, not that GZ remained in his vehicle, more towards why the witnesses... hearing the pleas for help.. decided that they needed to call police...

The EYEWITNESS ( Good), said something to them when they were in the midst of the confrontation...

What did he do? retreat? really?

If only ONE of those who heard this happening, stepped out and separated the two...

Both would be alive...

link   

Originally posted by VoidRonin

Slamming a man's head into concrete and punching him repeatedly while mounted isn't trying to kill him?

I'd hate to see what you think IS representative of trying to kill someone.

link   
www.leg.state.fl.us.../0776/Section s/0776.032.html relevent statute on how he is immune from civil rights and civl trial charges due to sucessfully employing self defense and obtaining an acquittal

Title XLVI CRIMES Chapter 776 JUSTIFIABLE USE OF FORCE View Entire Chapter 776.032 Immunity from criminal prosecution and civil action for justifiable use of force.— (1) A person who uses force as permitted in s. 776.012, s. 776.013, or s. 776.031 is justified in using such force and is immune from criminal prosecution and civil action for the use of such force, unless the person against whom force was used is a law enforcement officer, as defined in s. 943.10(14), who was acting in the performance of his or her official duties and the officer identified himself or herself in accordance with any applicable law or the person using force knew or reasonably should have known that the person was a law enforcement officer. As used in this subsection, the term “criminal prosecution” includes arresting, detaining in custody, and charging or prosecuting the defendant. (2) A law enforcement agency may use standard procedures for investigating the use of force as described in subsection (1), but the agency may not arrest the person for using force unless it determines that there is probable cause that the force that was used was unlawful. (3) The court shall award reasonable attorney’s fees, court costs, compensation for loss of income, and all expenses incurred by the defendant in defense of any civil action brought by a plaintiff if the court finds that the defendant is immune from prosecution as provided in subsection (1). History.—s. 4, ch. 2005-27.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidRonin

I'm sure he slammed his head against the cement because he was trying to make friends with him...

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotAnAspie
I find it really strange that you would even bring up the baby who was shot while in his stroller.

There's absolutely no reason for you to even bring this up.

Why would black people protest this? It does appear they may have found the guilty party in that case, who has been charged and will probably be going away for some time... but why do you think that just because he was black that black people are automatically going to stick up for black suspects who do appear to be guilty?

You can't see a reason to bring that up? I don't hear the president saying that baby could have been his son. I don't see Sharpton or the NBPP calling out attention to this CHILD dying, this BABY. You don't see an issue there? Really?

Originally posted by NotAnAspie
*snip*
Someone is trying to start a race war. Someone is trying to form a police state. Someone is trying to get rid of some guns while someone else tells you that any gun crime in the media is a set up to propagate that and then all fall silent, push the issue aside as more and more shenanigans make it to the media to bait us all like hypnotized zombies.

Someone certainly is. Same people that want to over look and ignore cases of violence that go (as they usually do) in the other direction. I could list literally dozens of such cases, that the media and the activists ignore, with actual child victims. The hypocrisy is sickening.
edit on 14-7-2013 by LadyGreenEyes because: snipping

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Tempers online are flaring. #IfIEverSeeZimmerman is trending on twitter.

Twitter trend of #IfISeeZimmerman

Reminds me of this...

I'm glad the jury released the verdict late. If they had released it earlier, then it may have been a bit different.

A family member in law enforcement is worried that they might be called in. Highly doubt it though. People here are too worried about shooting themselves. (2 shootings close by in past week) No media attention, no nothing.

Which brings me to another point that has been mentioned over and over.

There are shootings in inner cities every day. None of these get national attention. I don't see people getting fired up over these tragedies, only the ones promoted on the TV.

its sad.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Hate runs so strong in some

Yep as that is ample evidence of that in every thread about the ZT.

Hate is letting someone live rent free in their head.

So imo people need to start serving eviction notices.

link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

There are different forms of manslaughter. He fired in self defense I am not sure if that falls under justifiable manslaughter which I think isn't necessary but if it did fall under any form it would be justifiable manslaughter.

link   
reply to post by joeym1991

I agree, the boy (and 17 is a boy) is dead because a man followed him and basically confronted him. If my 17 year old was confronted by an man on a dark street, who had been following him, I'm sure he would feel afraid, thinking some crazy guy was after him, going rob, attack, kidnap or kill him. What else would you think?

If a man came up to me as a woman or as a 17-year old girl, I'd be afraid. A teen, no matter how tall or "grown up" they look, no matter how much outside "bravado" they may show on Facebook or with their other male friends, can be scared, alone in the dark being confronted. Seriously.

If this teen was breaking into a home or car, attacking an elderly person, or going berserk on some type of illegal substance, then perhaps a confrontation would have made sense. As it stands, walking down a street can get you killed.

I feel sad for everyone involved on both sides. It should never have happened.

link   
reply to post by ugie1028

I dont believe the timing of the verdict was good, if anything, you have people intoxicated now on a Saturday night receiving this bad/good news at 10pm....

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
What if Travon was white. Would your thinking be the same?

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

. He admitted he got out of his car and approached him

he never said that. he said after he got out of the car, he went up the dog walk while talking to the 911 dispatcher,
looking for a address.

then on his way back TM came from behind him out of the bushes at the T and he turned around and TM said why are you following me. and he said he was backing up if ircc.

edit on 13-7-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join