It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News! George Zimmerman found not guilty.

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
therightscoop.com... and al sharpton throws his opinions into the mix evidently wants holder to investigate for any civil rights violations......sigh

Al Sharpton says the family will pursue a civil case against George Zimmerman and he will be calling on the DOJ to reopen their case to see if there are any civil rights violations:
video at link

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
There really was no possible outcome rather than not guilty. Both sides couldn't prove beyond a reasonable doubt what exactly happened during the confrontation. If you've ever served on a jury, you would understand that ways heavily on the minds of the jury.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi

Originally posted by SonOfTheLawOfOne

Originally posted by rickymouse
Zimmerman started the confrontation and the teen got mad. This is what I see. I guess if you start a conflict it is not against the law anymore. The boy also had a right to stand his ground and was not in the wrong for punching a jerk that was harrassing him by the same law. Yet Zimmerman goes free when he killed this teen that was standing his ground, with the same rights we all have.

I see a major riot brewing, worse than we have ever seen in this country. Our country is so polarized I feel that this will collapse it. It is the governments fault, they intentionally polarized us so we will not stick together. It is a regular tactic of governments but when it goes wrong, it really goes wrong.

I disagree fully Ricky.

It appears you don't understand the law in Florida regarding stand your ground. If I'm in your face threatening to kill you, you can NOT hit me or take any physical action until I commit an actual crime against you. Following, making verbal threats, watching at a close distance, are not crimes. Trayvon was not "standing his ground" by punching him under the law, that is assault and is a felony.

I highly recommend you look at the laws regarding self-defense in Florida before commenting on who was right or wrong.

~Namaste

Actually you have that wrong. Remember THIS case wasn't SYG it was self defense however the situation you described where if you came up and threatened my life here under SYG I WOULD be in the legal right to shoot and kill you and all I would have to do is claim I was in fear for my life. (I better hope there was a witness that could confirm your verbal threat)

Almost that exact scenario played out years ago down the street from me except the guy shot THROUGH his door and killed the guy threatening his life. Under castle doctrine he was never charged or prosecuted.

SYG is an extension of castle doctrine but it is separate from self defense.

I respectfully disagree.

Stand your ground means you "have no duty to retreat" when your life is being threatened. But the part you are missing is that a verbal threat is not a "reasonable" threat of your life or property. If you were correct, than police could arrest every single person who threatens someone else, which they can't and never do. The only thing they do is take a report. Look at domestic disputes as a perfect example, where a man threatens to kill or beat the woman, and the police can't do anything except ASK one of them to leave. There are no laws broken until they commit a violent act.

Self defense is synonymous with stand your ground, because you are defending yourself when standing your ground either in your "castle" or home, or in any other location where you do not have any duty to retreat. If a felony act is committed against you or your property, that you believe will inflict great bodily harm or death, you are allowed to defend yourself under said law. My words won't kill you, so verbal threats don't matter until I do something. I can stand next to your car waiting for you, you can't shoot me for it, especially if I am not holding a weapon and haven't attacked you.

~Namaste
edit on 13-7-2013 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taggart
“Are you following him?” – referring to Martin. When Zimmerman said he was, the dispatcher said, “OK. We don’t need you to do that.”

At that point no one deserves to die.

Until the point where Martin punched Zimmerman and committed felony assault.

Did you even listen to the dispatcher's testimony? Please do so.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by shell69

Is still the wrongful death law sue that the family of Treyvon can file against him, he still can be held accountable, now please if I am wrong somebody can explain better if wrongful death will apply in this case or not.

being found not guilty, acquittal means that he is immune from civil suits.
they can't touch nothing, and he gonna be rich before i say 30 or 32.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1curiousmama

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes
Oh, brother! Now Geraldo is on, describing Martin as someone who, "just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time." Then he tries to say politics shouldn't be mixed into these cases? Wow.....

He is trying to play this off as some tragic accident, instead of a case of self defense when criminally assaulted.

Yes, I am listening to the same types of things on HLN - what in the world are these guys thinking? It was clearly proven that Z acted in self defense- which is completely different than having Martin "just walking home"! Why are we glorifying this child, though his death is tragic, as if he did nothing wrong? I pray the Martin's find peace and that Z does also. I also hope that the MSM will stop this ignorant coverage now and focus on the hundreds of other murders that get zero attention.

I think they are trying to incite riots. Deliberately and intentionally. Just my opinion, but that's what I think. Considering the involvement from high levels from the start of this, the motives aren't difficult to find.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by RalagaNarHallas

Lo and behold there comes the parasites to get more glory time, as usual Mr. Sharpton doesn't fail to make sure a good opportunity for free media time doesn't go to waste. He is all talk and big hair.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
California does stay right there and ready to react to any outcome. :shk: The protests there have begun. (Over a Florida case.. Oh well... There is logic there somewhere.

Protesters of Zimmerman non-guilty verdict march In San Francisco, California

link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

I say this kid brought SKITTLES to a gun fight... let me just say...NONE of us should feel like we are justified in some manner to physically assault anyone... regardless of their race or age and believe that there is absolutely NO chance we'll be shot or in turn physically assaulted as well, to the point of death.

It is sad that Zimmerman had to shoot a youth, but in the same turn.....every young man in America today should check themselves and say... "let this be a fight worth fighting" meaning let this situation be in my own self defense before I resort to physical confrontation, in fear that I may just be SHOT!!!

This is a country where we have the right to bear arms!!! Young men everywhere should ask themselves... is it really worth it???? Seriously I believe too many youth are too quick to respond to something they feel is an insult to them??? Maybe we shouldn't be so arrogant as to believe that NOONE EVER will confront us with a "stupid question" or just questioning or actions and motives ... period!!!

That is the ARROGANCE that caused this entire situation, if you ask me. I believe that someone's pride and arrogance got in the way of another's belief that he had to protect his neighborhood and his family at the end of the day. This young man could have simply said... hey, I was just returning home from getting me some Skittles and some Tea... let me just go home please! Instead he chose to assault a grown ass man!!! This was this mistake on this day... if you ask me!

link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

So you're saying the news agencies are trying to invoke more news stories?

I think you are completely on base here.

link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

Maybe because Trayvon didnt' have to die. He wasn't posing a lethal threat on Zimmerman's life. But George made the choice to end his life. Put away your preconceptions and look at what your seeing!

Keep cheering on murder you guys, I'm sure it is good for your soul.

I am entitled to my evaluation of the facts placed before us all. George made several wrong decisions that night, and for him to get off without any penalty, and to watch you all cheer for him, just makes me sick.

But it comforts me that Zimmerman has condemned his own life; such is the destiny of murderers.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I rarely post on here but here's my few words:

I can't believe he wasn't found guilty. He was specifically told NOT to pursue TM but did instead. That right there speaks volumes. He got away with murder just like Casey Anthony did.

I'm half African-American and Hispanic by the way.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
thegrio.com...

not sure about #5 but the others seem spot on.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

guestion is will the IRS audit the crap out of him like they seem to be doing to other groups and orginizations........

link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

That is interesting that a case all the way in Florida gets to be protested all the way in California, I am kind of confused because California population is mostly latinos, so I am missing something here?

link   
I have to admit that I'm rather disapointed in my fellow countrymen for falling victim to another showtrial and getting so wrapped up in this but I've grown to accept my fellow American's ignorance.

I'm relieved that Mr. Martin's parents can't cash in on their son's death with a civil suit like they planned in the event of a guilty verdict, what kind of scum trademarks their dead son's name before he's even in the ground?

One can only hope this will serve as a warning to others that follow Trayvon's lifestyle and inflict bodily harm on their fellow citizens without fearing reprocussions from their peers.

Many American's are tired of living in fear of thugs and hoodlums and are beginning to take action against this blight on our country, hopefully this verdict will lend them the strengh they need to stand their ground like Goerge did.

Today, justice was served.

link   
reply to post by boncho

It's clear in Trayvon's words of "Creepy ass cracker" that he had racial prejudice before even talking to Zimmerman
It didn’t surprise me when the girlfriend was on the stand, and told the court that “creepy @$$ cracker” wasn’t a racial slur. I think the defense should have asked the girlfriend if she thought “creepy @$$ 'n-word'” was a racial slur? Do you think she would have said the same? Probably, but you know very well she would have been lying thru her teeth. Does this come down to a lot of black people believing blacks can’t be racists?

link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I recognize a few people in that picture! Anyway as I predicted a lot of groups would want to capitalize on this case. They don't care about justice or Martian. They want to recruit people into their groups. #sad #ashamed

link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
California does stay right there and ready to react to any outcome. :shk: The protests there have begun. (Over a Florida case.. Oh well... There is logic there somewhere.

Protesters of Zimmerman non-guilty verdict march In San Francisco, California

well at least they ain't throwing cinder blocks at truck drivers heads this time.
or burning down their own communities.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
If this case proves anything, its that its easy as hell to get off of a murder trial in the state of Florida... Its sad when multiple cases come to mind with very little effort

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join