It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News! George Zimmerman found not guilty.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonOfTheLawOfOne

Originally posted by rickymouse
Zimmerman started the confrontation and the teen got mad. This is what I see. I guess if you start a conflict it is not against the law anymore. The boy also had a right to stand his ground and was not in the wrong for punching a jerk that was harrassing him by the same law. Yet Zimmerman goes free when he killed this teen that was standing his ground, with the same rights we all have.

I see a major riot brewing, worse than we have ever seen in this country. Our country is so polarized I feel that this will collapse it. It is the governments fault, they intentionally polarized us so we will not stick together. It is a regular tactic of governments but when it goes wrong, it really goes wrong.

I disagree fully Ricky.

It appears you don't understand the law in Florida regarding stand your ground. If I'm in your face threatening to kill you, you can NOT hit me or take any physical action until I commit an actual crime against you. Following, making verbal threats, watching at a close distance, are not crimes. Trayvon was not "standing his ground" by punching him under the law, that is assault and is a felony.

I highly recommend you look at the laws regarding self-defense in Florida before commenting on who was right or wrong.

~Namaste

Actually you have that wrong. Remember THIS case wasn't SYG it was self defense however the situation you described where if you came up and threatened my life here under SYG I WOULD be in the legal right to shoot and kill you and all I would have to do is claim I was in fear for my life. (I better hope there was a witness that could confirm your verbal threat)

Almost that exact scenario played out years ago down the street from me except the guy shot THROUGH his door and killed the guy threatening his life. Under castle doctrine he was never charged or prosecuted.

SYG is an extension of castle doctrine but it is separate from self defense.

link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by boncho

Teens are killing people and getting kill all the time in our country, yes is sad that we have come to this way of life, but in my neck of the woods you trust nobody, because even an innocent looking teen can take your life away.

Yes is not sad. No is not sad either.

No one is getting kill. I do feel bad however for innocents who get killed.

And what way of life? Who considers a teen dying or a teen killing someone a way of life aside from those involved?

link   

Originally posted by boncho
I think the thing that really bothers me here, is that police can accidentally shoot someone, get cleared without a trial, and people barely make a peep about it.

He got the gangsta life. His attitude and propensity for violence put him in a confrontation with someone. (I still think Zimmerman is a tool) and they were scared for their life.

Then you have the stories like the lady and her baby, who didn't give cash to two black youths who were robbing her, so they killed her baby. Her baby.

And where are the national protests? The outrage? The "riots". Pfft.

What a grand cherry picking world the dogooders live in these days.

I find it really strange that you would even bring up the baby who was shot while in his stroller.

There's absolutely no reason for you to even bring this up.

Why would black people protest this? It does appear they may have found the guilty party in that case, who has been charged and will probably be going away for some time... but why do you think that just because he was black that black people are automatically going to stick up for black suspects who do appear to be guilty?

And on the other hand, why would white people protest seeing as how someone has been charged and justice will hopefully be served? Who would they protest to? How is that case anything like the Zimmerman case, which if you were paying attention, you'd see how that case was plastered all over the news with people not even connected to the case repeating over and over again that this was a racial issue and that people were afraid there would be rioting.

If you don't see how strange that is... this whole thing, then something is wrong here.

but you do see it, don't you?... and you see how your remark about the baby shooting was really done just to draw a parallel between Treyvon Martin and the young black suspected in shooting the baby, don't you?

If I were you, I wouldn't be bringing up profiling.

For the record, I do believe that it was brought to light that people suspected that Zimmerman had threatened Martin by his actions and that he was wrongfully following him.. and who was that again? I do believe it was the people who decided to arrest him, which I will also point out were not a bunch of protesting black people.

There are PLENTY of non black people who believe Zimmerman was indeed guilty and should have gone to jail.

This whole thing was turned into a circus by our wonderful media, which we all have so much faith in to not pull stunts like this to get crap started across our nation..NOT. and it looks like your comment here is just another piece of loose gravel on a downhill slippery slope. Proud?

My thoughts and prayers go out to the family of Treyvon Martin tonight because I know they must be tired from all this, shocked by the outcome and must be asking themselves why they had to go through all of this in the eye of the public after losing their loved one.

I guess Zimmerman who was trained in self defense but could not defend himself against this kid without shooting him can go get himself back in shape now and retire his helpless victim act. The show is over and now he will be paid for his role.

Although this whole thing, even the spectacle of the instigating remarks all over the media and the web... it all enrages me and I really would like to be able to do something about it, but I hope there are no riots. Riots will not help this situation and it is not going to rid us of the greater evil in this world.

I've said it once and I'll say it again... I've been noticing some very strange things going on... and it's all over the web. When you stand back and look at just how heavily this case went under the scope and became top stories for the biggest news outlets, it just drives home the realization... this is all too real. It's coming from very high up.

Someone is trying to start a race war. Someone is trying to form a police state. Someone is trying to get rid of some guns while someone else tells you that any gun crime in the media is a set up to propagate that and then all fall silent, push the issue aside as more and more shenanigans make it to the media to bait us all like hypnotized zombies.

What I know and what I can see is that someone who is alleged to control the media is not getting what they want but their opponents *are* and they have a tendency to behave like spoiled because that is what they are.

This is something that can only be solved by huge movements.

I am sick and tired of waiting, but I do see change, which we need to be ready for and not waste time on those who use any petty means they can to keep that ball rolling, to keep people stirred up because in this world deep down, we all know who it is that is really obsessed with making everything a racial issue.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by opethPA
=(

#Chicago: Police en route, responding to a large crowd forming at Daley Plaza. #Zimmerman

And this is precisely why I think the Chicago Mob, Ayers, Jarrett, and the Woods Foundation is involved. They fund the Black Panthers.

link   

link   
I wonder what hes handing his attorney???

link   

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Zimmerman should have gotten some kind of punishment for being stupid. He was a neighborhood watch participant not a cop. He should not have been carrying, and if he was too afraid not to, then he should have stayed home. I don't have an opinion on who started the fight, Zim or Travon, and I really don't care . I just know that this whole fiasco was created by Zimmerman and he should be held accountable somehow. Then again, although free, he is a hunted man the rest of his life. That, I guess, will be his punishment.

link   
Being a prosecutor in Florida is like being a weatherman, you only need to be on 25% of the time..

link   
Zimmerman's brother is solid. When asked if the roles had been reversed, if he was Martin's brother, would he feel the same way? Zimmerman's brother reply was along the lines of "I don't blame ANYBODY for using whatever means necessary to defend yourself."

And that's the way it should be, every time.

link   
reply to post by YellowRoseTx51

People would do anything to get riled up and complain. It's funny how people would use a case like this to further their cause. It's wrong!

link   

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sqorpius

He is allowed to carry a gun. That is not an issue whatsoever.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by shell69

I agree, but remember how politicized this case was thanks to the media circus and our own President, so sadly every where Mr. Zimmerman goes he will have to face the fact that he will be recognized.

Is still the wrongful death law sue that the family of Treyvon can file against him, he still can be held accountable, now please if I am wrong somebody can explain better if wrongful death will apply in this case or not.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Attention!!!

Please refer to the previous dozen or so staff courtesy notices and understand that posting privileges can and will be revoked if passions overpower reason.

link   

Originally posted by Fisherr
I think people will go shopping tonight....

Yes, "shopping". It's that new kind of shopping where currency isn't required.

Get ready to grab some popcorn folks, or a beer & cigar if you so desire. Live CNN coverage of the riots should be starting within the next few hours

link   
I still think Murder is inexcusable, and I believe that Zimmerman should have been charged guilty in this regardless, even if I haven't been paying attention to it much at all... Though I don't mind sitting back and just watching this whole ordeal. It will be interesting to see where this goes with how people react, and how higher ups react to the people up in arms about it.

link   
It was an all female jury.

It is obvious to have a jury composed solely of one sex in such a public trial is questionable at best.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Georges lawyers already addressed that and they stated if need be they will file and under florida law George would be immune.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join