It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News! George Zimmerman found not guilty.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Zimmerman acted in defense.
He did the right thing. He deserves to be free.

link   
reply to post by jhn7537

It comes as no shock to me that no, we Americans are NOT better than this.

Just a bunch of meat-puppets dancing on the ends of the strings controlled by the media.

link   
=(

#Chicago: Police en route, responding to a large crowd forming at Daley Plaza. #Zimmerman

link   

Originally posted by Taggart
“Are you following him?” – referring to Martin. When Zimmerman said he was, the dispatcher said, “OK. We don’t need you to do that.”

At that point no one deserves to die.

Yeah i agree.. trey just put himself up for death by attacking. he put his life in peril by attacking a stranger.

Zimmerman put his life in peril as well by approaching a stranger...

only one walked a way. both made stupid decisions.

had it been the other way around we would lamenting zimmerman if it even made the nnews.

link   

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkNite
Yes.. Tm did attack first and probably didn't realize gZ had a gun. But seeing that tm attacked him if tm had a gun hisself he probably would've just shot first. Which would've been breaking the law. This is a hard one to judge though. I would've hated to be on the jury stand. Hard decisions it must of been. I still feel for the kid who lost his life at such a young age. Sad day in America no matter what your position is

So, since you admit TM attacked, then you admit he committed a felony. Someone attacked like that has a right to defend their life, with deadly force.

I am deeply sorry for his family. What needs to happen now is that people need to teach their children not to act like Martin acted. Teach them to respect one another, to not act out in violence because they don't like another person. Be there for your teens. Teach them that ALL citizens should be equally respected, as long as they act in a manner respectful to others. No race games, no nasty comments. THAT is what Martin's family should do. "MY son died because of his behavior. Please teach yours not to do this." I would respect that. I don't expect to see it.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Euphony
Zimmerman killed an innocent kid.

Innocent?!

I really hate to see what you consider to be guilty. Trayvon had been suspended from school, did and sold drugs, had tools to break and enter homes in his backpack and more. How in the world is that innocent? All Zimmerman did was see something wrong, go to right it and ended up having a criminal attack him so he had to use self defense.

If Trayvon the criminal wanted to stay alive, he should have stayed in school and walked the straight and narrow.

link   
reply to post by VoidRonin

That mentality right there, is ignorant at best, barbaric to be exact. NO one should have to hide the rest of their lives. Should every person ever who has been found not guilty.. have to HIDE for the rest of their lives, fearing justice from the populace. Listen, this is a ridiculous and ignorant statement, and I am ashamed of those who live in my country that choose to take on this mentality.

WHY do we even have a justice system??? Why not just "hang em high" like in the wild wild west with no trial? Have we not evolved and can we not accept and believe that justice was served? You were not in that courtroom, nor did you have ANY facts or evidence presented to you.. yet somehow you believe that you KNOW better??? That's just arrogance and the perfect example of a sore loser ... in my opinion. I guess you had a different agenda with this case like MOST Americans. How can you fall victim to the media like that???? Do you wake up everyday and the 1st commercial that you see... go out and BUY that PRODUCT??? No... I don't think you do... but evidently you make judgements based on the little bit of information (propaganda) that is fed to you.. and that my friend ... scares me

edit on 13-7-2013 by shell69 because: (no reason given)

link   

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
good deal a white guy is not guilty... i dont see what all the hype is about nor do i really care.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
The jury got it right. It's against the law to physically attack someone. You just never know who is carrying a legal concealed weapon. Just imagine if he didn't have it? Hit someones head hard enough or long enough and it could have caused permanent injury or death.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Once again, from the top...

***ATTENTION***

STAY ON TOPIC.

REFRAIN FROM PERSONAL ATTACKS.

DO NOT POST PERSONAL INFO OR LINKS TO PERSONAL INFO.

Additionally, people are entitled to their opinion, within the T&C. Sometimes you just have to agree to disagree.

So there is no misunderstanding ........You are responsible for your own posts.
We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

• Go after the ball not the player.
  • I Don't Agree with YOU...

• Don't Respond to Obvious Trollery, Just Alert It
  • What is a troll?
  • Trolling, And What To Do About It

• posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:40 PM
    link   

Originally posted by juniperberry

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
    reply to post by juniperberry

They can do that? Prosecution can change the CHARGE in the middle of the case? Here in Canada, it's up to the Defense to argue for a lesser charge than the Prosecution brought to the table.

Weird system you guys have down there.

I wonder how they will justify the "Civil Rights" charges? TM's civil rights were violated when a security guard tries to question an unrecogniaable stranger who is walking through a gated community? The very thing a security guard is hired for? Or maybe I have that wrong?

I won't deny the civil rights charge the NAACP is talking about is a bit of a mystery to me. I thought the King Cops were nailed on it because it all happened as they performed their duties as police and agents of the state. Hence... Civil Rights. I have heard of civil rights charges on other types of people though and for other types of violations, so who knows if there is something to that?

It reeeeks of double jeopardy to me, either way. It did in the King case and it would now. Double trials are supposed to be a Constitutional No No. Then again, a lot of things are these days.

As far as charges? That was a bit unusual, I'd think Especially in a case of this magnitude and profile. They can argue for other charges to be considered at the end of a trial and just before it goes to the Jury. That's what they did here. It has the same impact as adding the charge to the original charge sheet, at the end of the trial. I don't think it should be allowed at all, personally.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:41 PM
    link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes
    So, since you admit TM attacked, then you admit he committed a felony. Someone attacked like that has a right to defend their life, with deadly force.

Says the guy who killed a teen. He says he was attacked. So make note again, if you start a fight you better kill the other guy and claim self defense. Doesn't matter if you stalk them with your weapon and follow them to their home.

link   

link   

Originally posted by VoidRonin
    That's my Georgie screaming on the tape!!!

Like others have said, dead men don't talk, and the case they put up for Trayvon was weak, he deserved better.

But hey, at least Zimmerman has to hide the rest of his "life". Sounds like a win.

We live in 2013. And as far as I know, voice recognition programs have worked for 20 years. All it takes is ONE voice. If it was Zimmerman, it would be a positive match. If it was the kid, it would be a negative match for Zimmerman.

Both mothers claimed it was their son's voice. They didn't match it, because their intent isn't the case it is to incite riots.

link   

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:42 PM
    link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
    Casey Anthony killed her kid = Not Guilty

George Zimmerman kills a teenager = Not Guilty!

Michael Vick killed a dog = GUILTY?

IM SO LOST!

Casey Anthony = no $$$

George Zimmerman = a little more $$$ than Casey Anthony, but still not enough.

Michael Vick = LOT$$$$$

I hope that clarifies it for you.

~Namaste

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join