It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News! George Zimmerman found not guilty.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Oh the irony...

Directly following the not guilty verdict, the news here in DC gave a 10 second story on 3 men shot in SE DC shortly after 10pm. No names, no baby pictures of the victims... Apparently a black man's life is still worth nothing to the media unless he is shot by a non black. Racist bastards, I have seen through your agenda from the start, it's a shame most in America are still eating it up

link   
reply to post by litterbaux

Ask yourself if that would have persuaded you or made red flags go up.

I honestly think it was a strategic case of serious dumb-@$$.

If you think about it, .. . .

The prosecution worked the case almost to its entirety showing what evidence it had and what testimony it could give . . .. .. . And then asked to change the rules and conditions.

The problem with that is .. .. .. The evidence that they were arguing to prove the murder charges was lacking as hell. If you have any reasonable doubt, you Must Acquit. I am certain that before yesterday the jurors more than likely had their minds made up. And then on the last day, to add additional charges just before the defense rebuttal added complete confusion.

It is very clear to me that who ever was heading the prosecution from behind the scenes, making those decisions, had their heads completely lodged in their fore-point of contact.

link   
Remember, at first T. Martin's parents didn't know who was screaming on the tape.

"Experts disagree. But the real question is: What did Zimmerman think at the time? And judging by those piercing screams, was not that screaming man frightened, even terrified?

Trayvon's parents think these were the desperate cries for help of a son about to be killed. But if they were Zimmerman's cries, could George not have had those same thoughts?"

Pat Buchanan

link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

well it couldn't get any high than, and i will say it. Obama, Eric Holder.
and i wish him all the luck in the world.

link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie

Originally posted by RalagaNarHallas
state has to pay zimmermans legal fees and lawyer is talking about civil trials

i said a few page back george, is fixin to make millions off civil suits.
and i hope he breaks the records on amounts awarded.
edit on 13-7-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

He might have a valid case against some rather...Ahem...highly placed people on that civil suit issue. After all, some comments really did cross into defamation and said with malice under the circumstances. I'm thinking about statements at multiple levels on up at the start and fed the atmosphere that led into this trial.

If he doesn't have some screw ball go postal on him, he will get a good series of settlements, I'm guessing.

I agree and I hope he wins a great deal of money so that he and his family can move somewhere obscure and have a somewhat normal life. I watched MSM for hours these past weeks and I cannot believe the nonsense, right out lies, quotes taken out of text and edited to suit their needs. Out of the many shows on these so called news channels, most were anti Z from the start.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnBlack

No the power that be won the case, you know why? It creates DIVISION

link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

You mean magically detect and confront a person who was following him?

Martin is a psychic? wooo
edit on 7/13/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

link   
the shame of a nation falls on us.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Georgie, MY MAN!

I'm a few hours late to the celebration, anyone got some champagne for me?

link   
reply to post by Euphony

not according to a court of law or a jury of his peers we get it your upset but innocent until proven guilty is the corner stone of our legal system and should not be sacrificed over emotion

link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
Zimmerman started the confrontation and the teen got mad. This is what I see. I guess if you start a conflict it is not against the law anymore. The boy also had a right to stand his ground and was not in the wrong for punching a jerk that was harrassing him by the same law. Yet Zimmerman goes free when he killed this teen that was standing his ground, with the same rights we all have.

I see a major riot brewing, worse than we have ever seen in this country. Our country is so polarized I feel that this will collapse it. It is the governments fault, they intentionally polarized us so we will not stick together. It is a regular tactic of governments but when it goes wrong, it really goes wrong.

I agree with you, I think it comes down to who initiated the whole scenario, after that point if the same person kills someone then these two items are connected. I can't see this going well. I've heard both sides but people seem to think that because the Jury agrees with their view point it's now classed as Fact or worse opens a horrible can of worms.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Granted I'm not from America but I'm thinking the same rules apply as in my own country.

Please tell me if i have anything incorrect as I will not watch the media circus,

Nothing in this verdict says that GZ didn't kill TM. They didn't call him "Innocent" (which is a legal term)
And "Aquittal" or "Not Guilty" only means that GZ isn't guilty of the CHARGE that was laid before the Judge.
The Prosecution ONLY tried to have him charged with 2nd degree Murder.

No where does anything in the above say that GZ is "innocent", just that there isn't enough proof or evidence for the 2nd degree murder charge.

If the prosecution had been smart, they should have gone with something like "involuntary manslaughter". Any charge with "murder" in it must prove some level of INTENT. GZ couldn't have intended to "murder" TM since he did call 911 first.

So in this case, Justice, as defined over several centuries, has been served.

If anyone riots over this case, then they shouldn't be sent to jail, they should all be forced sit through several courses of criminal and administrative law.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
This trial and all relevant details have ultimately led me to the following thoughts:

I find it so unsettling that whenever something awful befalls someone, if they happen to be black, then that lone fact tends to be the predominant factor in how so many choose to view and feel about the situation.

This overly dramatized parade of theatrics surrounding Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman is, at the heart of it all, centered in so many people's minds around the fact that Trayvon was a young black guy. I feel that this is the thing which has been, is now, and forever will be the object of majority focus in this situation.

Early on in all of this, even the President himself made it very clear, whether deliberately or inadvertently, that his point of focus in all of this is Trayvon's race.

The racism of decades past was a direct and aggressive racism. Fortunately, most of that has fizzled out over the years. However, there is a new kind of racism that has taken its place, and that is a passive/aggressive type of racism which, for the most part, continues to just casually fly under the radar of many people's perception.

From the time this story first broke in the news, there were so many people who came to quickly assume that George Zimmerman racially profiled a young black guy and got away with murdering him. I feel that the opinions of many of these people haven't changed, despite the outcome of the trial and all that transpired during it.

We may, for the most part, all coexist with one another and interact with one another civilly in this modern age, but to think that the races aren't still significantly divided, fearful, and distrustful of one another, is to be blissfully unaware of the depths to which racially related problems still very much thrive in society.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Euphony
If Zimmerman doesn't get out of his car that night, TM is still alive.

Zimmerman is the aggressor.

Zimmerman killed an innocent kid.

not illegal to get out of ones car

following someone is not aggressive if it was more people would be in jail because of it.

it is however illegal to assault someone physically.

what if it had been some ornery grandma that followed TM and TM pounded grandma to death?

what if GZ didn't have a gun and TM did?? he had no problem attacking him what makes you think he would not have a problem shooting him??

considering the circumstances had GZ been guilty they would have already had his head on a pike.

you're emotional about it, put your emotions aside and look at what happened.

do you think if i follow someone they have the right to attack me??? really is that what you are saying?? regardless of the reason why im following them??

was TM doign something wrong?? is that why he was aggressive?? people usually get aggressive if they are caught doing something wrong. what did he have to hide to be aggressive?? hmm??

edit on 13-7-2013 by votan because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-7-2013 by votan because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
The only "case" they had was an appeal to emotion. They couldn't sell it to 6 "emotional women" as I have heard them described by the MSM when saying he is screwed. Tells you how weak their case was.

The case was weak!

Justice was served!!

I couldn't be happier.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

Originally posted by PLASIFISK

reply to post by PLASIFISK

Apparently not, at least not in the jury's mind.

How so. He claimed self defense.

It was self defense.

That's why he was found not guilty, in addition to not enough evidence to prove otherwise.

With that being said........ Follow, confront, fight, kill is legal!

Yes or no?

Irrelevant, as that isn't what happened. He observed, reported, and was behaving responsibly. Martin hid, then confronted, attacked, and thus committed a felony assault.

Well, as I have just returned from having a smoke out front my house, armed....why you ask.

I wanted to smoke!

Never do that armed but being as though my wife told me to take my fire arm with me just in case someone rolls up on me and asks why am I here.

She now fears that someone can roll up on me,, confront me , fight me, then kill me.

My friggin family is scared and thinks its now open season on black males!

Lol

Sooooooo, what am I to do?

Just as I have to be prepared for it seeing that this case proves it can happen.

I must also understand that there could be someone who is looking to try this out on me.

What it boils down to is who can pull there firearm the fastest.

Point blank.

The police report will always read self defense for fear of losing my life.

It is very relevant. I look very suspiciouse. I'm black.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by juniperberry

They did charge him with Manslaughter as well for a choice of a lesser charge. That was this business at the end and where I think the prosecution came off looking disorganized and utterly insecure with their OWN case. It's the same thing as Marsha Clark did in the OJ case. All the worst decisions to blow whatever case may have existed, if one ever did here.

The Jury says not though and that is the end point of our system, for this level anyway. The NAACP head is saying something about pushing for Civil Rights charges. Maybe like the Rodney King cops for the 2nd run on the same thing?

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidRonin
You wanna tell me how it was Righteous for him to defend himself from punches with a bullet through Trayvon's heart? Doesn't make much sense to me. Zimmerman could've easily subdued Trayvon with his hands if he had to.

i think it was apparent that he could not subdue TM. TM was on top of him wailing away. the only way he got him off was to shoot him, i tell ya, if placed in the same position, i'm shooting too.
edit on 13-7-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Watch out!!!!

NAACP coming after Stand your Ground laws. Justice Department will look into this case more..blah..blah..blah

Peace

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   

reply to post by DarkNite

One of the reporters brought it up, I had never even heard that. The older defense attorney apparently got death threats on him and his family. That's messed up isn't it?
. Yes it is pretty messed up. A lot about this is. I know it's a touchy subject and many don't want to share their thoughts but honestly what's your thoughts on the verdict? Do you think he should've gotten at least manslaughter? Like I said though I wouldn't of wanted to be part of the jury..

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join