It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cable connected to some device on the Moon?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I downloaded one of the TIFF files (the one corresponding to that area, file AS16-P-4095_0006.tif) and the cable/hair/fibre is not there.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I suspect NASA is requiring hair nets be worn at all times now.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
I downloaded one of the TIFF files (the one corresponding to that area, file AS16-P-4095_0006.tif) and the cable/hair/fibre is not there.

The Moon aliens must have a satellite Television service now.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

To the left of the photo you see what they said looks like a follicle and another hair coming out, down and to the right a little. Another one or the same one?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkNite

The 'follicle' looking thing isn't in the first pic that the op included. Each photo has something that wasn't in the other. Weird?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Funny how NASA spends all of these billions of our money only to have hair follicles and dust litter the images they've worked so hard to obtain. From SOHO images to Curiosity, the cameras and technology sucks. They need to purchase a giant can of Dust-Off.

edit on 16-7-2013 by Bilk22 because: Because of sarcasm

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

I have to say though curiosity images are way more interesting. Ten fold

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Now that ArMaP has posted a better image without the anomaly which started this thread. What does everyone think of this better image?

For me, I continue to see other things including

a) a TRIANGULAR crater??? Yellow circle
b) square building Yellow arrow
c) Collection of machinery/work site Blue circle

files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Could it possibly be that the anomalous object was removed by air brushing from the large-scale version as it is plainly visible in the image shown above?

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

I think you may have found something in this image. I have been having a good look at this image and some of the other Apollo panoramic views and I am amazed at what is showing on the surface but those details are reserved for another thread.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by arianna
reply to post by ArMaP

Could it possibly be that the anomalous object was removed by air brushing from the large-scale version as it is plainly visible in the image shown above?

It could be that the two images are two different prints of the same negative, but prints made at different times.

Perhaps the hair was on the negative during one printing, but not during the other.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkNite
reply to post by Bilk22

Ten fold! You have to be joking.

They are no clearer than the PanCam and NavCam images returned by Opportunity and Spirit. In fact, I have some very clear monchrome and composite colour views from the MER captures. The Curiosity mastcam images should be better but we have to make allowances for the use of a 2 Megapixel camera and the probable reason for using such a low resolution version is that the camera has a proven track record. It would also appear that NASA, JPL and MSSS are confident the cameras will keep working and not let the mission down.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by arianna

Well any mars photos interest me more than moon photos. But they are all amazing. Wouldn't you agree?

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

reply to post by Bilk22

Ten fold! You have to be joking.

They are no clearer than the PanCam and NavCam images returned by Opportunity and Spirit. In fact, I have some very clear monchrome and composite colour views from the MER captures. The Curiosity mastcam images should be better but we have to make allowances for the use of a 2 Megapixel camera and the probable reason for using such a low resolution version is that the camera has a proven track record. It would also appear that NASA, JPL and MSSS are confident the cameras will keep working and not let the mission down.

You are not taking into account the field of view (or "angle of view") when considering the 2 megapixel (MP) camera. The field of view for Curriosity's cameras are relatively small -- smaller than a consumer camera.

That is to say, the angle of view for the rover's MastCam is about 15º. Consumer cameras are about 45º. So it would take three 2 MP rover images to fit across a consumer camera image. That means Curiosity's MastCam images (at a 15º field of view) are comparable to something like a 6 MP image at a 45º field of view -- since the image from Curiosity shows a total view that is 1/3 the size.

edit on 7/17/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

reply to post by arianna

Well any mars photos interest me more than moon photos. But they are all amazing. Wouldn't you agree?

Yes, I would agree, but the lunar images are much more revealing than any of the martian images.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Possible? Yes, obviously.
Likely? I don't think so, why would they remove a hair and leave that white mark, in a place nothing exist in the other image?

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   
this looks a hair or a stratch on the lense, not something on the moon

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Ooohhh my... look what you have found... U in big trouble now... the big secret is out...

Perhaps it is a bunch of cables tied to the moon holding it in place...

Now being Serious:

Whatever it is... it is interesting...

Too bad all the pics we've seen posted here are always extremely difficult to prove one way or the other.

Thanks for the photo and thought process on it !

wink wink
leolady

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Does anyone know the distances whe're looking at?
What size are those craters?
How far is the center of the biggest crater
from that white... thing?

Those pictures are very interesting.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Thanks to ArMaP for posting this image.

Unfortunately, the blemishes are on the downloaded image. However, I have been able to sharpen it a little.

qmantoo circled some interesting features but you may notice some more interesting objects.

edit on 18-7-2013 by arianna because: text

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join