It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cable connected to some device on the Moon?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkorange
If you did not know it was on the Moon but here on Earth, no one would even give it a second guess.

My answer would be exactly the same, as as been whenever I see something like this in a scanned document. It's usually easier to remove it from the scanned image than repeating the scan, as, being small, things like this are only noticed when looking at the final image.

PS: one thing I forgot to say is that not only it looks like a fibre, it looks like an artificial fibre, like nylon or something like that, as it doesn't show the smaller, very thin threads the natural fibres have.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
to smurfy,

"..There are plenty of examples in other pictures of hair and fibres from both scanning and inside the camera, so I don't think anyone here intent on a debunk.."

I tend to disagree. And the word "plenty" was not necessary. You just trying to amplify your argument that way in my opinion.

-----------------

"...has another oddity higher up, which it emerges is highly likely to be a static charge in the camera.."

Dont you find that fact alone suspicious when debanking? And with static discharge in the camera...LOL))) com'on)))
Cameras discharge)))LOL))) and create illusion of a craft. What are the odds?
You are getting more and more bizarre with that scenario, I have to admit.

Why would you not admit that there is a pipe on the surface? Its beyond me.

-------------------

Anyways, here is my point, you really have to flex your imagination when image requires none.

cheers.
edit on 15-7-2013 by darkorange because: nick correction

edit on 15-7-2013 by darkorange because: spelling

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hr2burn
A hair on the lens wouldn't follow the dark and light areas of background..so swamp gas on the lens.

your powers of observation are serving you well ...

most excellent

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Ok I'm one of the people who wanna believe its an alien power cable or something. We are not alone in the universe. But I have to retract my earlier statement. I have to agree with most it's definitely a hair. It's not on the moon or on the lens but its a hair. I don't know how these pictures were developed but maybe that's how it got there?

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkNite
Ok I'm one of the people who wanna believe its an alien power cable or something. We are not alone in the universe. But I have to retract my earlier statement. I have to agree with most it's definitely a hair. It's not on the moon or on the lens but its a hair. I don't know how these pictures were developed but maybe that's how it got there?

Why power cable? Is that the only guess?

Why the power cable has to be so thick?

Could it be just a conduit?
Why "power cable" made its silly way into this thread?

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by darkorange

Unneccesary questions but I will answer to satisfy you. Sorry to bust your bubble..Either way I'm just saying I retract my earlier statement and I have to say its a hair. Looks like a hair doesn't look like a cable therefor its a hair.
edit on 15-7-2013 by DarkNite because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-7-2013 by DarkNite because: Edit

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkorange

Why power cable? Is that the only guess? -Yes because I was giving an example. The or something implies that it could be anything. You should've known that unless you got to power cable and stopped reading.

Why the power cable has to be so thick? -It's not a power cable. Haha

Could it be just a conduit?- No it couldn't.
Why "power cable" made its silly way into this thread?- Again I was giving an example. It's not of alien origin. It's a hair. (You know? The things that grow out your head,arms, and legs.) So... Like an earlier poster said its a hair case closed.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Well, given that there are many similar artifacts on many photo's and given their appearance, I propose it is perhaps the remains of a broken carbon-fiber tether to a lunar space elevator. There is a wonderful description of what it would look like if a space elevator tether broke in one of Kim Stanley Robinson's Mars Trilogy books. He described the elevator being flung into space, while the tether slowly and catastrophically fell back to Mars in long coils and loops. Of course the dynamics of a falling tether on the moon would be very different than on mars due to the different orbital dynamics. Also, I suspect it would have had to have happened a monstrously long time ago.

The documentation on how the film was processed is a good read. The example photos of hair and debris are interesting as well, as they look noting like these anomalies. So, given that they didn't show examples of these anomalies amongst the other common film problems, we would be safe in saying that whatever this is, it is not a common, previously explained phenomenon. Can't we find any other photos of the same areas at the same resolution so that we can compare? If it's on multiple photos, case closed, not a film anomaly. If it's not there, much harder to explain.

Since it seems impossible to get any answers from NASA, you all are just going to have to come up with a more creative solution that those presented. As to my theory, I don't know of way a way to verify it without going and looking. We could disprove it by not seeing it on multiple photos, if they are available.

aHEMagain

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
aHEMagain double posts again. What a surprise.
edit on 15-7-2013 by aHEMagain because: double double

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by aHEMagain

I see but look at all the posts you will see what I mean. As an earlier poster pointed out the thing follows through lit areas and dark areas on the moon. If it was laying on the moon it would be lit up and dark in those same areas but its not. It's just lit up all over so its not on the moon it's just not possible as it would be dark wherever the moon is. I too posted before I thought about it and I posted again to retract my statement. It's definitely a hair or some sort of fiber. It's not something on the moon. But don't let me stop anybody from looking..
. I'm a believer.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   

There is more photos with hairs on them. Actually in this photo there is more hairs too. The part you are looking at is just a fraction of the original.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by aHEMagain
Well, given that there are many similar artifacts on many photo's and given their appearance, I propose it is perhaps the remains of a broken carbon-fiber tether to a lunar space elevator. There is a wonderful description of what it would look like if a space elevator tether broke in one of Kim Stanley Robinson's Mars Trilogy books. He described the elevator being flung into space, while the tether slowly and catastrophically fell back to Mars in long coils and loops. Of course the dynamics of a falling tether on the moon would be very different than on mars due to the different orbital dynamics. Also, I suspect it would have had to have happened a monstrously long time ago.

The documentation on how the film was processed is a good read. The example photos of hair and debris are interesting as well, as they look noting like these anomalies. So, given that they didn't show examples of these anomalies amongst the other common film problems, we would be safe in saying that whatever this is, it is not a common, previously explained phenomenon. Can't we find any other photos of the same areas at the same resolution so that we can compare? If it's on multiple photos, case closed, not a film anomaly. If it's not there, much harder to explain.

Since it seems impossible to get any answers from NASA, you all are just going to have to come up with a more creative solution that those presented. As to my theory, I don't know of way a way to verify it without going and looking. We could disprove it by not seeing it on multiple photos, if they are available.

aHEMagain

who said we don't have answer from NASA? All answers from NASA have been posted.

Hair my friend. Its a hair, probably blond female pubic but I need closer examination.

LOL cheers))

edit on 15-7-2013 by darkorange because: mis spell

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

There is more photos with hairs on them. Actually in this photo there is more hairs too. The part you are looking at is just a fraction of the original.

I did in fact read the whole thread. I always do. Did you read my post? Because my post was a suggestion for why there may be these artifacts all over the place. Also I disagree that the "hairs" don't vary with the contour of the terrain, but I can see how honest people could disagree on that point.

However, the fact remains that whatever this is, it doesn't look anything like any of the well documented film anomalies which NASA has explained, like hairs in the gate and sparks on the film. Which means that it is an UNCOMMON anomaly, and that's the best conclusion we can come to, without further data (like multiple pictures).

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Slow down I wasn't bashing you.. If you read all the posts you will see that its obviously a hair or fiber. And if you read all the posts you will see the multiple pictures you asked for.
We have some great debunkers on ats. It's either a hair or a fiber of some sort. Whatever it is is definitely not on the moon. We can discuss this without negative comments.

edit on 15-7-2013 by DarkNite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   

who said we don't have answer from NASA? All answers from NASA have been posted. Hair my friend. Its a hair, probably blond female pubic but I need closer examination.
reply to post by darkorange

Some just can't understand. Lol at least we have something to laugh at right? It's impossible for that to be on the moon. I agree with you my friend it's a hair. Move on people nothing to see here.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
How close are these images from the landing site? The lunar rover would have had some kind of tie-downs to secure the wheels and other equipment. Perhaps that is what they are.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Like proper investigators, we should first of all find out the details of this photo. What are the coordinates and where are other images of the same area of the moon. The Quick map is excellent if we can find the Lat & Longitude. That is the first thing we need to do, but I guess that we are all happy to discuss and argue the point about it being a hair or pipe, and we cannot really be bothered.

Determining if it is in other pictures would in itself probably resolve the issue for once and for all.

The next thing we need to do is to come up with some explanation for the square-ish rectangular 'base' at the bottom of this "hair". It does look like something on the ground perhaps which would give the notion of it being a pipe more credence.

There ARE many other pieces of lint and hairs on the larger image, but there are also other pieces which may not be. So I, for one, am undecided at the moment. It is conceivable that things of alien making are huge by our standards and conversely also could be tiny too - so tiny that we are unable to see them from space perhaps?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
It looks nothing like a hair on a lens.. Not even a little bit.. What is happening here is successful information management. The moon has been preached as a dead and lifeless object since the Apollo days, so there is no room for pipes and bridges and mining ops happening there, even though these things have been reported by astronomers for hundreds of years, yes, hundreds of years..

This isn't to say hair doesn't get on lenses, but that image isn't showing hair.. What is more revealing is reading the pompous ass type responses from folks who hold themselves as superior in knowledge to the average tin foil hat wearer. You think you are being logical and making the smart play and anyone who doesn't agree is just plain ignorant.. A metallic looking hair that follows the terrain and shadowing. Okay.. Keep the management of information exactly the way the PTB want.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I have made some slight adjustments and softened the image shown below.

The long object seems to follow the lay of the terrain. I think this object is an artificial feature on the lunar surface. There are other objects of interest on the surrounding terrain that in no way can be described as rocks as some of these objects have geometrical form. This gives rise to think that they could well be built structures. If this is the case, then the long object could quite well be a pipe with a very large diameter.

Could it be possible that the object is an air duct of some description?

If it is, this can only mean one thing and I am sure the majority of members will realise the relevance.

Have a close look and post your opinion of what can be seen.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Well I download the large file and took a look on photoshop , its not on the moon its a transparent fibre of some sort.
It doesn't follow the contours of the surface although in places you could be forgiven for thinking it does.
I know this post doesn't mean much without pictures but I'm in a rush and will try and upload the really close up shot of it later.
In fact the photo is literally full of these power cables, oops I meant things, Ill prick my ears up again when someone finds me the power station.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join