It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Cable connected to some device on the Moon?

page: 6
39
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Could it be the tether from STS-75? I never heard what became of it, but admittendly don't understand what it would take for it to have escaped earth's gravity and ended up on the moon. Anyone have info on the fate of the busted STS-75 tether?




posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Originally posted by arianna

Originally posted by ArMaP
If it was following the terrain, shouldn't it look darker in the areas pointed by the arrows in the image below?



No ArMaP, not necessarily so if the object is a large light-coloured pipe.

Maybe it's a temporary installation. Have a look at the lower end where it seems to be connected to something that runs under the surface.


Which begs the question:

If this is a cable or pipe, why didn't they just run it in a straight line, rather than going over hills and craters?



If you examine the image very carefully you will understand the reason why. They had to select a route to avoid the surface structures. Considering the diameter of the object could it possibly be a temporary air duct due to something happening to a duct under the surface. I know many members will say, what, structures on the surface of the moon. This just cannot be. The scientists would have told us if there was a life presence on the moon. Do you think that NASA/JPL would tell us? No, but some of the astronauts have more than hinted about a presence being in existence. So, if that really is the case then the hair-like object could quite well be a pipe or something very similar.



posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by arianna
 


Seriously, and air duct?

Ok, if its an air duct/pipe/wire/hose/whatever, its is of a significant size.
Personally, I would think even though they have the ability to hover, some type of ground based machines or even beings on the ground would be needed to assemble such a thing. No?
Surely there would be other signs.

This would be a whole different discussion if the hair/whatever ended or began in a blurred (by NASA) area or in some type of structure that didn't look natural.
Instead its just apparent wires/ducts in the middle of nowhere and all over as the other photos show.

Sorry but, to me, this is no more a series of wires/ducts/whatever, than the Moon is a giant ball of yarn covered in dust, and these anomalies are the few strands poking up.

But hey, I've seen some on this web site who would stand by such a claim, so.

On this topic, I'm gong to have to stick with the fiber on the scanner or emulsion theory and chalk this thread up along side the Guinea Pig rocks of Mars.



posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Originally posted by arianna

Originally posted by ArMaP
If it was following the terrain, shouldn't it look darker in the areas pointed by the arrows in the image below?



No ArMaP, not necessarily so if the object is a large light-coloured pipe.

Maybe it's a temporary installation. Have a look at the lower end where it seems to be connected to something that runs under the surface.


Which begs the question:

If this is a cable or pipe, why didn't they just run it in a straight line, rather than going over hills and craters?



Me thinks that because the 'cable' was probably dropped from above and let it settle on its own around hills. Who would run a cable in rough terrain like that? It was dropped. Diameter could be huge but material it is made of can be very lite.

IMO, if its authentic picture then I would incline to think it is some sort of a pipe. Hair would not bend like that due to natural stiffness. Sorry my english might not be clear.
Same goes to fiber. Small piece of fiber would have smooth curves, or just curled in a half loop.

One more thing, straight line would require some sort of support constructed if inside the pipe is liquid running then it needs natural leveling to ensure direction of the flow.

cheers

edit on 15-7-2013 by darkorange because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-7-2013 by darkorange because: addition

edit on 15-7-2013 by darkorange because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Could be a hair that was in the camera lens - or far more likely - that came off someone's head when the film was being processed back on earth.

If it is a powercable... well... then maybe the moonlanding really was staged at a film studio.



posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by belowcommonknowledge
Could it be the tether from STS-75? I never heard what became of it, but admittendly don't understand what it would take for it to have escaped earth's gravity and ended up on the moon. Anyone have info on the fate of the busted STS-75 tether?

The tether was too thin to appear in a photo like this.

Anyway, the STS-75 mission happened in 1996, while the Apollo 16 mission (the mission that took these photos) was in 1972.



posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
for anyone who thinks this is a piece of fibre or hair caught in the scanning process, it is a fair lump of the area of A4, you would think that it would be fairly visible. That makes me think in was in the original photographic process, and much smaller.



posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Actually it looks like the Comcast cable guy forgot to bury the cable



posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
for anyone who thinks this is a piece of fibre or hair caught in the scanning process, it is a fair lump of the area of A4, you would think that it would be fairly visible. That makes me think in was in the original photographic process, and much smaller.


Do they ever scan directly from negatives (forgoing the "making a print first" part of it)?



posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.



posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Originally posted by smurfy
for anyone who thinks this is a piece of fibre or hair caught in the scanning process, it is a fair lump of the area of A4, you would think that it would be fairly visible. That makes me think in was in the original photographic process, and much smaller.


Do they ever scan directly from negatives (forgoing the "making a print first" part of it)?


I don't know about that, you can scan from negatives old or new with a programme of some sort, I've never tried it.

Just to add, if it was something in the scanner, would that make a difference, I'm not so sure about that.
edit on 15-7-2013 by smurfy because: Text.



posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChallengeAccepted
It's a hair follicle, you moron.


That's some follicle, it's bigger than the hair that grows out of it! A hair follicle is inner dermis.
edit on 15-7-2013 by smurfy because: Text.



posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
I don't know about that, you can scan from negatives old or new with a programme of some sort, I've never tried it.

There are special negative scanners, as the process is slightly different.



posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Originally posted by smurfy
I don't know about that, you can scan from negatives old or new with a programme of some sort, I've never tried it.

There are special negative scanners, as the process is slightly different.


Funny I'm just looking up on that now. This what Arizona SU says about it. (the handling process that is)


apollo.sese.asu.edu...

An extract,

"Film Cleaning Details

The goal of this project is to preserve the Apollo flight film products - in both the digital and physical formats - for generations to come. These films have been in deep storage for almost three decades; prior to that, they were exposed to the space environment, developed, and occasionally used for research activities. Consequently, the preserved film stocks have, in some cases, acquired foreign material which must be removed. Prior to scanning, each film roll is therefore gently, non-abrasively cleaned using exacting procedures set forth by the NASA-JSC curatorial staff. Absolutely no abrasive techniques are used in the cleaning of these films to preclude the possibility of damage to these priceless historical treasures. As a consequence of this precaution, the cleaning process only removes debris that is loosely adhered to the film stock (e.g. dust and lint) but any strongly adhered debris are simply left on the film."

Further down in the link is the answer with pictures to the other thread with the 'tentacles', it is a static discharge in the camera...so they say.
edit on 15-7-2013 by smurfy because: Text.



posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Funny reading...most explanations and theories here are even more bizarre than ET theory)))LOL..

Like, we would twist logic, bring up hair and fiber particles that miraculously been caught by the scanning apparatus exactly where shades and light, terrain features, shadows and what not perfectly match as the real pipe was there on the surface, all in a name to debunk the obvious.

Your business not to believe that there is something alien on the Moon, but come up with even more bizarre explanations makes no sense imo.

If you did not know it was on the Moon but here on Earth, no one would even give it a second guess. Pipe folks. It's a pipe. Just look at it...Shades of colors, shadows, terrain, all too realistic for it to be a hair.



posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
It might be a photography glitch like lens flare.



posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Windevoid
It might be a photography glitch like lens flare.



I hope you are not a lawyer))
Second line...



posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I'm sorry but what this is is obvious. I've scanned all my old negatives and prints to digitize them and have repaired many of the scans with the same thing.

It's almost impossible to keep from getting hairs and dust on the scanner glass. Hair is translucent so the darks and lights from the image bleed through. The hair appears white because it's a negative image of the hair since the scan of the negative is inverted to create the Black and White image.

The old Apollo scans are full of stuff like that from both negatives and prints being digitized. Those types of anomalies have been debated here many times over the years. I remember one thread that went on forever discussing what was clearly Scotch Tape where you could even see the edge where the tape holder cuts the tape.

Keep looking though. Someday maybe.



posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkorange
Funny reading...most explanations and theories here are even more bizarre than ET theory)))LOL..

Like, we would twist logic, bring up hair and fiber particles that miraculously been caught by the scanning apparatus exactly where shades and light, terrain features, shadows and what not perfectly match as the real pipe was there on the surface, all in a name to debunk the obvious.

Your business not to believe that there is something alien on the Moon, but come up with even more bizarre explanations makes no sense imo.

If you did not know it was on the Moon but here on Earth, no one would even give it a second guess. Pipe folks. It's a pipe. Just look at it...Shades of colors, shadows, terrain, all too realistic for it to be a hair.


There are plenty of examples in other pictures of hair and fibres from both scanning and inside the camera, so I don't think anyone here intent on a debunk, on the contrary it is to get all the usual suspects 'out of the picture' so to speak, and while the 'pipe' does have highlights and lowlights and shadows just like the terrain in the picture, (I said that myself back a bit on page 3 or 4) it is also the same picture that has another oddity higher up, which it emerges is highly likely to be a static charge in the camera, that means even more highlights, and shadows and lowlights that might otherwise not be there. Upshot of that is nothing is written in stone, there is even a caveat about the static since it stated that the static, [groan] nearly always originates from the edge of the film inwards, but in this case the whole area is in a tiny, tiny portion near the centre with no apparent connected static from the edge. The shades of greyscale are likely induced for clarity, that could mean in this case making the 'pipe' even more anomalous.



posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
I'm sorry but what this is is obvious. I've scanned all my old negatives and prints to digitize them and have repaired many of the scans with the same thing.

It's almost impossible to keep from getting hairs and dust on the scanner glass. Hair is translucent so the darks and lights from the image bleed through. The hair appears white because it's a negative image of the hair since the scan of the negative is inverted to create the Black and White image.

The old Apollo scans are full of stuff like that from both negatives and prints being digitized. Those types of anomalies have been debated here many times over the years. I remember one thread that went on forever discussing what was clearly Scotch Tape where you could even see the edge where the tape holder cuts the tape.

Keep looking though. Someday maybe.


Mostly agree with that, except that this need not be a scanner artifact.



new topics

top topics



 
39
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

log in

join