It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cable connected to some device on the Moon?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
If it's a hair why does it have the same tonality as the rest of the image? It's in a panoramic photo taken from 115 kilometres up, it should look even more alien (sorry) to the image than if it were a ground-level shot taken by an astronaut and those hairs and stains etc. I've seen in Apollo lunar surface photos are glaringly obvious.
That isn't a hair.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
If it isn't a hair or scratches/film grain, then why is it in multiple images as Xtraeme posted?

Oh, I guess its left overs from the cable factories on the moon.

Whatever happened to evaluation of all possibilities then forming a logical conclusion?
Instead many of us just seem to jump to the one we wish was most true.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowLink
If it isn't a hair or scratches/film grain, then why is it in multiple images as Xtraeme posted?

Whatever happened to evaluation of all possibilities then forming a logical conclusion?

You have to understand where most people are in terms of their cognitive evolution. The majority unfortunately have not matured to the level of thinking that your describing. These people wish there to be alien life so badly that they consider a scratch/image artifact to be undeniably (to them) proof of exotic alien intelligence.

What makes me laugh is these same people would be completely ignored by the Aliens they obsess over much in the same way they would ignore a worm in the dirt.

I blame the education system we have. Everyone is taught 2+2 and ABC but no one is teaching people how to THINK
edit on 13-7-2013 by Nomad451 because: Grammer

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
That second cable picture has two round beads terminating both ends. Another reason why not a hair.

For anyone who wants to believe its a hair that's fine, I don't think it matters one way or the other because its quite obvious Nasa is a military space agency and they will only be allowed to disseminate moon information after its been security vetted. The public has no right to know about artificial objects on the moon put there by either Aliens or US secret space program.
edit on 13-7-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
That second cable picture has two round beads terminating both ends. Another reason why not a hair.

apollo.sese.asu.edu...

It's not a hair. It's also not an exotic lunar power cable

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

I have no idea really what these anomalies are but it doesn't look like the images have been caused by camera glare, or a hair. In all honest they look artificial. The possibility of there being artificial objects on the moon put their by Aleins is unlikely due to immensity and complexities involved in deep space travel. Humans certainly now cant do it with present technology, move humans freely between planets.

Humans cant do it but mabey there are Alien races who can. It certainly isn't outside the realm of feasible possibility according to some world renowned credible scientists.

earthsky.org...

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowLink

Including you, who are in the camp that everything would be revealed to you..and only people of low level intelligence do not immediately agree with your assertions that we should believe agencies who do have the ability, and willpower, to completely hide many truths from the public, and have so for aeons.

And they love to hide behind the fear based assertions that truth would not go over well, so the lies have to be told.

Sounds like a very complex system that uses masters and student paradigms, much like mystery schools, masonic organizations etc...of whom even the highest minded are full of fear and lies about what is REALLY GOING ON.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowLink

It isn't in multiple images as Xtraeme posted because Xtraeme didn't post any, just a link to the rest of the image library with no specific examples of the exact same hair only in other photos.
I strongly suspect you are just jumping to the conclusion you most wish were true.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

I have no idea really what these anomalies are but it doesn't look like the images have been caused by camera glare, or a hair. In all honest they look artificial. The possibility of there being artificial objects on the moon put their by Aleins is unlikely due to immensity and complexities involved in deep space travel. Humans certainly now cant do it with present technology, move humans freely between planets.

Humans cant do it but mabey there are Alien races who can. It certainly isn't outside the realm of feasible possibility according to some world renowned credible scientists.

earthsky.org...

I completely understand where you are coming from. I'm just being the devil's advocate here. And I'm certainly open to the likelihood that intelligent life has developed on other planets and evolved to the spiritual and technological point of deep space travel.

There may or may not be an E.T presence in our solar system and I don't doubt that maybe NASA is covering such a discovery up. But it is simply of my opinion that nothing in this thread has shown or contributed to the uncovering of this possibility.

The initial images are quite striking but there is a lot of information to explain what these images in fact are. I'm just one person and I believe that they show a static discharge within the camera itself and the cable looking objects are probably starches or blemishes on the cameras film

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
My personal opinion about the lunar anomalies is that they are the product of a previous advanced human civilization that had enough of a space programme to conduct major operations on the Moon, and that global cataclysms have obscured the evidence of this civilization.
Might sound far-fetched to some but to me it seems more plausible than aliens.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tompdx3

Very interesting picture. I don't see how it can be a "bleeping" hair at all, Sorry!

Not a hair on the lens, but a hair on the print. These were film negatives which were developed onto emulsion paper film.

Below is another picture from that same batch of pictures (from Apollo 16). In this image, you can see a couple of fibers that are on the paper print, or are maybe from the scan of that print. Granted, these are fibers and not a hair, but the point is that there are foreign objects on these paper prints and scans.

Remember, these are not digital images, but rather images that were developed on paper, and then scanned.

Image Source

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I have seen someone else post this today, and when I looked at the images I was sort of taken aback. The vast majority of images of moon anomalies are obviously identifiable, and are usually tricks of light and shadow. I would not expect the average person to catch these types explanations, because sometimes it does take a bit of specialized knowledge.

In the cast of this image however, I cannot come up with a viable explanation. But I will say that it does not really appear to me to be any kind of structure. It would also have to be extremely large. Any way that one looks at it, the most obvious explanation is that what we are seeing is the result of some effect that has nothing to do with what is on the moon itself. I don't think it could be anything on the lens, as it cannot be seen until one zooms in, and then it would be on some of the other pictures taken around the same time. Or most likely it would, unless the lens was cleaned.

I almost want to say it looks like the airbrushing tool that we know is used on certain pictures. I cannot be certain, but it is quite possible that what we are seeing was added to the picture, as opposed to being in the picture. IF it was some natural or alien structure, it does not really make any sense. If it was natural, what could it be? If aliens put it there, why, because it looks completely strange and impractical. And the argument that should never be overlooked in cases like this is IF it were something alien, why would the government have allowed it to stay in the picture? The argument that they "missed" it is not a good one, considering that they airbrush pictures, which suggests that they scrutinize them. And I think most of the time they do not make the airbrushing obvious, as they attempt to blend it in with the background, usually utilizing the dark effect of shadow. What someone needs to do is use some software to look into the dark or shadowed areas, to see if there is a breakup in there, as if something was airbrushed out. Maybe not, but it is possible. I know that there is a piece of software that uses algorithms to discover inconsistencies in areas of a picture that look to be solid. I don't know what it is called though. I remember seeing a video once where someone explained the software.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ParasuvO

I am in no camp. I looked into what was posted and came to the conclusion that its a hair/fiber or film scratch.

Judging by some of the evidence posted by others, my original comment stands to make more sense than those made by the alien wire/anomaly "camp".

Perfect example by Nomad451 ABOUT SCANS

Debate is fine and we're all entitled to believe what we want.
I just can't see it being anything other than a hair/fiber or film scratch based on the evidence I've seen thus far.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
First of all, would there have been any simple way for you to include the scale? And if so, why didn't you include that in your op?

Like, does one inch equal a mile? Or what? Then maybe we could tell how big it is. Is it just about an inch or less wide like a regular sized cable? Or is it more like 10 feet or more wide? In that case, maybe a cable isn't the best idea or guess...maybe its more like a tunnel or a giant tentacle from a giant space squid, that's why it has that little triangle shape thing at the end like squids have on their special extra long tentacles....maybe it got into a fight with a sperm whale and got its tentacle bit off, or Space Captain Ahab came along and lanced it off with some laser beam...?

But since you didn't include even an estimate of scale (or I just didn't see it and if that's the case then m sorry) then I'm going to have to assume that its just a hair, and the thing on the end is the follicle root thingie that's on the bottom of a hair, buried into the skin but if you pluck a hair just perfectly it comes out still attached to your hair. That's what it looks like to me, but I really do appreciate the time you must have put into this, and I do believe there is definitely something out there to find so keep it
!

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nomad451

I would certainly say this is indeed the case.

Although it does seem to flow and roll over all the topographical features under it.. But this is probably an illusion as well.

Who the bloody hell knows

This response is another great example of the desperate lengths many go to in order to explain away something that cannot be explained. It would be laughable if it weren't so pathetic. The simplest answer is often not the best -- it's usually just the one which was not thought out.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by pterra

What you see there is very clearly a Vulcan pube. No clue how it got inside the camera lens on a space probe though.
edit on 14-7-2013 by VonDinkinDunken because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Can you not see the ignorance of your post. You say that you blame the education system and people should THINK. Well, isn't that just what some people are doing....just thinking, just daring to speak their mind and say, "hey, this looks odd to me"??

Who knows if it is a scratch, a hair, a blip, or even dare I say it, a cable! But what ever it is, you shouting down someone for a belief in something that you neither have any evidence to back your counter claim up with nor some startling hypothesis that you choose to come forward with, is neither compelling nor worthy of inclusion.

When great explorers and scientists of the past dared to challenge the norm, or their respective governments, they were castigated, expelled or even murdered for their beliefs. If explorers of the past didn't dare to say that they believed there was something over the horizon, our history and the knowledge of our planet would have looked very different and we would have all still been living in mud huts, never knowing what was on the other side.

I suspect there is always a good reason for an anomaly, such as a hair on a screen, just as there will always be the possibility of alien life and the need to keep the knowledge of that potential alien existence with a government, or governments. You would have been one of the people in the crowd ready to stone Copernicus for his belief that the Earth revolved around the Sun and you would have been wrong. As you seek to be right, do not dispel others who too, believe they are right.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by pterra

Another interesting anomaly, connected with another interesting anomaly in the same Area.....

Hmmmm.... There is something suspicious up there...

S&F.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicQuest

Wow. Two power cables in the same pho... Errr, no. Most definitely hairs. It's good to be open minded folks, but some of you seem to be letting your brain fall out entirely. Stay logical.

Cheers,
Nos

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
The "hair" goes into a light colored object that certainly does not match the size in relation to a hair of the follicle that might be on the end of a hair.

Second, are any of you even remotely aware of the clean room environment that everything was assembled in for the Apollo missions? I think the chance of their being a big 'ol nasty hair inside one of the Apollo cameras is about Zero and None.

The "hair" does follow the contour of the surrounding area and even appears to dip down at one point.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join