Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Crane falls on passenger train in Zurich

page: 1

join

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
A passenger train entering the station in Zurich, Switzerland had a crane fall on it as it entered the station. The crane was being used to work on the train tracks when it fell and the arm landed on the train as it arrived from the Zurich airport. The train suffered fairly significant damage, but the only injury was to a worker, who suffered a hand injury. There were 250 people on the train at the time.

A crane fell onto a Swiss passenger train entering a Zurich station Saturday, causing massive material damage but miraculously leaving only one person slightly injured, police said Saturday.

The crane toppled during track work near the Zurich Oerlikon station just before 10:00 am (08:00 GMT) and its arm slammed into a long-distance train arriving from Zurich airport, police said in a statement.

It was not known what caused the accident and the Zurich police said they had launched an investigation. None of the some 250 passengers onboard were hurt, but a worker suffered a hand injury and was taken to hospital.

The passengers were evacuated and walked the short distance to the station, police said.

inserbia.info...

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
250 passengers and none injured but the train sustained significant damage?

Were they all sitting in the back wrapped in bubble wrap or something?

If this happened in the US, every single one of them would be faking an injury and calling their lawyers the second they set foot off the train.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

These days I take nothing as a coincidence.

Three trains in the past week! I wonder if we will find out WHO rather than just a why.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

That's very unfortunate if a crane falls onto a train. It usually takes a crane to get it out.
edit on 13-7-2013 by Knives4eyes because: i have no idea why i called the train a plane

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Cool ,...I have some expertise on this....
we use matts of oak with cranes....special ones for the rail jobs....."railroad matts".......cause the ground really sqishes near the tracks....we add more as they sink.......it's common on every job....we keep the boom short as possible....when you're thinking right....
It was probably at least a 120 ton hydraulic

top topics

join