It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greenwald: Snowden has enough information to cause US govt 'worst damage in history'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Very well said, in a way this kind of crazy thinking shows up in so many areas of government. Oh we have to bail out the banks or they will destroy the economy...gee...how's that working out?

If he has information that could cause American politicians to crash and burn so be it. I think "Treason" is a very serious charge, and I don't think it's Snowden that committed Treason.

Having Dick Cheney of all people call him a traitor is beyond belief and I hope in my life time that man among many others is hooked up to a lie detector test and made to answer for his crimes against humanity.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
He keeps makeing these grandiose claims but so far he has deliverd little....

Im lossing patience....

Or is it just a trick to keep our direction elsewere?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Just on a side note, am I the only one who thinks its strange that since his first appearance Assange hasn't said anything anymore...

In the first interview he said they had regular contact to safely bring out this news. Since then I haven't heard any statement from Assange.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Snowden hasn't released anything illegal that his country is doing, and certainly not anything that any other 1st world country isn't also doing, what he is doing is making a circus of it all and selling Russia & China many laptops of secrets and back doors on national security programs they seek to penetrate, Snowden has be exploited and is the most perfect "useful idiot" that Russia/China could ever of dreamed of finding & recruiting

I truly hope he enjoys moving from 3rd world to 3rd world and see just how much of a good life he used to enjoy

If he has anything at all on ET visitation or covered up reports by the US gov, he could be excused as that would benefit the entire world, but the fact is hes just releasing information to the enemy who have programs just as vast as the US/UK hes clearly been exploited to be used as a propaganda tool and only a fool would think otherwise

Edward Snowden is no different than an convert SS trooper shouting propaganda down a loud speaker across the battle field to his fellow countrymen
edit on 14-7-2013 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
If Snowden "has enough information to cause US govt. worst damage in history" then why keep it a secret? Just tell us already! I am sure it will be information we already know but where is the info? Don't just tell me you have a secret.... spill it already!

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
One thing that bugs me about the way Greenwald writes about Snowden's "dead man's switch" is that this could backfire. Now EVERYBODY that wants to harm the U.S. will consider killing him for their own agenda. Especially if they can make it look like it was the U.S. assassinating him...

It might be wise to announce that this would also lead to the release of very ugly information on most other governments, terrorists, military-industrial complex and so on.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

The real question is does he have info on 9/11 & The Wars in Iraq & Afghanistan, Benghazi, Fast & Furious etc that can really cause an uprising!!! That is what I wish for. If he does and can release docs not just in accordance with PRISM Spy program usage that we would be epic.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
What really gets me about the whole Snowden situation and the American govenment and it's attitude towards Snowden. They are upset (to say the least) with him revealing security secrets if a highly classified nature. They find him as someone that requires arrest and for the governments of the world to return him (no doubt for punishment) I think many folks hear that and decide, "yeah, bring Hume back so we can throw him in the slammer". They miss the whole point that Snowden is bringing to light what the American government is doing ILLEGALLY.
It's the whole chicken/egg debate. Ultimately I don't care that the USA see's him as treasonous, he is doing the right thing and what he is doing should put others in the slammer....not him.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Snowden is just a stooge or a patsy .Everyone is asking what will the US. do. Not what will the UN. do. Which is the greater threat. US. or UN . ? Yes he may have info to really hurt the US. GOV. but then if that leads to the UN demanding some or control of . Then what does this make Snowden and what does it make those who stood there clapping ?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
reply to post by caladonea

Yep, I think he has all the communications before and during the initial stages of the IRAQ war.
Comments and conversations between agencies and the BUSH admin where they admit to creating evidence, tricking the public and moving straight for the oilfields.

Something like that coming out would have the United States up on warcrimes and a few select backroom people up for crimes against humanity.

If he has that information then I'd say he has an obligation to release it or else he is also complicit in those war crimes.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by victor7

Maybe TPTB are going to use him as a scapegoat for who brought down America, which means, anyone who leaks knowledge is bad for the country. He could also be used to give Russia information, whether it be true or false, that would make the U.S. look like the worst tyrant in history. Also whether it be true or false, TPTB can use him as the one who delivers intel to the Russians about some plot to destroy Russia or others. Then that would give Russia a heads up and perhaps a reason to wipe out the American bully. Then a new world order could become one big step closer.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

And as far as denying Constitutional rights to any citizen, that is quite dangerous to our freedoms, whether one realizes it or not. And then the government tries to convince us that they actually need to take away our rights to better protect us. That is a load of crap, and it is counter-intuitive to the largest degree. Even our Founding Fathers warned of this very argument. They basically said that if the government attempts to take away your rights, any of your rights, by stating that they must do this for your protection, then we the people are obligated to rise up against that government's tyrannical practices.

Emphasis mine. And this is all we really need to know. It matters and I'd like to know what else Snowden knows, but any other information he holds shouldn't be what's holding us back as a society. Holding us back from demanding answers and implementing the changes this country needs.

I mean, what are we doing, waiting for info to come from one person, info we already know in our hearts. And what difference will it make if / when Snowden decides to spill? Will we sit around pondering the new info or will we act on it.

We get new information all the time.. how bad does it have to get before it sinks in that our Gov't is not on our team, and we are not in their club

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

If there was some 'damaging material' could a person live with 'leaking' that when they are responsible for a country tearing itself apart?

Ask yourself this - Is it the revelation of the information which is damaging or the decisions taken that the information reveals?

If it is the latter then those releasing it can do so with a clear conscience as they are doing the right and honourable thing.

The person who made the underlying decision, on the other hand...

...has a lot to fear.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorAce
Snowden is just a stooge or a patsy .Everyone is asking what will the US. do. Not what will the UN. do. Which is the greater threat. US. or UN . ? Yes he may have info to really hurt the US. GOV. but then if that leads to the UN demanding some or control of . Then what does this make Snowden and what does it make those who stood there clapping ?

I'm sorry but if you can't even correctly locate a full stop then how can we value your opinion?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
The simple facts that Snowden has revealed, including but not limited to, the PRISM mass-surveillance program that was kept above-top-secret (no pun intended ;P) since 2007, and the spy program launched by the US against allies in various EU nations, France and Germany included, has already done its damage. Not to mention the simple fact that the US has basically shot itself in the foot for their treatment of the government of Bolivia, treating it as a puppet-state subservient to the US government, and the revelation by Ron Paul on the century-old Federal Reserve System's double-dealings with elite bankers, not to mention Benghazi, Bush administration forewarning of the 9/11 attacks and failing (or unwilling) to do anything to stop them, the Patriot Act, CISPA, NDAA, militarization of police, violent police crackdowns on Occupy Wall Street, and the IRS targeting right-wing activist movements, not to mention the draconian TSA organization, has already warranted a US government shot to the foot their own d*mned selves, the government has done enough by itself to cause ITSELF the worst damage in history.

This is nothing new, but does serve the purpose of putting it in perspective. The simple fact that the EU and France are putting into effect an indefinite delay on free-market systems across seas heralds the coming soon downfall of US government imperialism. This article is, like I said before, nothing new, but it does, indeed, mean that we are winning.

Bring it on doomsayers, I will strike down your arguments with a vengeance with sourced facts.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Greenwald: Snowden has enough information to cause US govt 'worst damage in history'

Notice he doesnt say ''has information the cause USA 'worst damage in history' ''

Outside of black ops with Obamas signature on or 5 years of plans and blueprints or orders,
I have no idea what he could even be holding on to.

Without going full blown CT'er I would have thought a lot of it will have a rebuttal already written up and ready to be put out there by the NSA or US Government Agency and made FACT by the media in the eyes of the public

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I recall wikileaks saying they had a treasure trove of crippling information and if they weren't let alone- they would release it and the encryption keys to it, to the public.

Snowden is full of #. He's just trying to buy himself some time and breathing room.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Helious

So, you don't consider informing the American public it is being indiscriminately spied on in violation of Constitutional rights on the main stream world stage useful? Interesting.

Read this ALL of it

Informed people of what?

Something they ALREADY knew?

Since when is the constitution all fired so damn important?

Has been trashed long before Snowden or the NSA ever came around.

See? Its like I was saying to fatfurry the other day. No one even knows whether theyre breaking the law or not. How the hell could anyone possibly know? You'd have to be a damn lawyer, and even then it would be hell.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by victor7
Why would some do things like give up $120K job when only 30 years old, betray one's own country and get himself boxed in third world nations without any clear chance of freedom. He is also the target of US government for neutralization by assassination. Betrayal in spy circles is usually not forgiven.

I'm glad not everyone in the world is only concerned with their own pathetic life that has no meaning.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Gonna go with Greenwald on this, so far he has been honest. Just because people think he hasn't released big info, he is being charged by the US with espionage. Obviously what ever else he has will then be concerning to the US to also want to bring charges as they feel the former needs to be categorized under espionage. With that it is damning to the US, under their judgment-I don't agree either but that's what you have. Whether conspiracy circles already know or think they know what has been going on, the general public, the defense departments and the media is not talking about it unless brought to their attention in such a case as it has been.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join