It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greenwald: Snowden has enough information to cause US govt 'worst damage in history'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I really am happy Snowden spilled the beans on surveillance but what really made me a fan of his is when he said this about Dick Cheney who I believe is one of the monsters of the world who helped to ruin the US standing as the greatest country:

"This is a man who gave us the warrantless wiretapping scheme as a kind of atrocity warm-up on the way to deceitfully engineering a conflict that has killed over 4,400 and maimed nearly 32,000 Americans, as well as leaving over 100,000 Iraqis dead," Snowden purportedly wrote in a public, online chat Monday hosted by the Guardian newspaper.
"Being called a traitor by Dick Cheney is the highest honor you can give an American," he added.

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

edit on 13-7-2013 by WormwoodSquirm because: link

edit on 13-7-2013 by WormwoodSquirm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

Sorry don't mean to hijack your thread but seeing that you and MsAphrodite also consider the possibility of a Snowden/Hastings connection I would like to point you to this updated timeline I posted yesterday:

A Timeline of Hastings NSA Snowden Related Events v. 3.0

May 20 - Hastings states on TV: "...government, 'we declare war on you...'

May 20 - Snowden arrives in Hong Kong with 4 laptops giving him access to top-classified US secrets

Jun 5 - Greenwald breaks the NSA story in an exclusive on the Guardian

Jun 7 - Hastings LAST article: Why Democrats Love To Spy On Americans - LAST SENTENCE of this article is:

Perhaps more information will soon be forthcoming.

Jun 8 - "Intelligence officials overheard joking about how NSA leaker should be 'disappeared' after handing classified documents to press"

Jun 9 - Snowden is identified as the NSA-whistleblower behind Glenn Greenwald's story in the Guardian

Jun 12 - Hastings twitter feed goes silent

Jun 17 - Snowden: "Government is not going to be able to cover this up by jailing or murdering me. Truth is coming, and it cannot be stopped."

Jun 17 - Hastings mails a friend: "I'm on a big story, and need to go off the radar for a bit"

Jun 18 - Hastings contacted WikiLeaks lawyer Robinson, saying that the FBI was investigating him.

Jun 18 - Michael Hastings dies disappears in car accident

I did not include links in this version for easier readability. 3.1 - the latest version has links for every date so you can more easily verify the info I assembled and do your own research. The link in my signature always takes you to the latest version.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by MindBodySpiritComplex

Your not hijacking it. There could be some merit to this and it seems that it went more into depth then I was aware of.

Good info still.

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
So do the unicorns and leprechauns! Oh deary me...

*edit* I should read more posts before replying my bad.
edit on 14-7-2013 by teachtaire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   

I'm not so convinced.

Keep on Rocking in the Free World!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildmanimal

Great song.

If it only was the free world... Not so free anymore...

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I think he has the 911 evidence.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   
"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act." George Orwell

There is hope, with people like Hastings, Assange and now Snowden.

If the truth will destroy you, then so be it. Just what have you been up to?

Spill it, spill it all. Putin and Xi and Cameron (and the Queen) and all the rest should forced to disclose their heinous acts, their dirty politics, their unspeakable machinations. The extent of the corruption is beyond belief.
We need a complete change (not the 'change' Obama promised which promptly disappeared after he and Hillary met with the Bilderbergs a couple of days after his inauguration).

btw,
this thread is as compelling as most on ATS.

"Don't Give Up The Fight" - Bob Marley

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Heard the same kind of sensationalism with Assange and Manning.

Guess what?

America is still standing, and is evil as ever until the next leaker is put up on the same pedestal.

Honestly think Snowden is running a COINTELPRO against the US or a foreign government has found a 'useful idiot'.
'
If there was some 'damaging material' could a person live with 'leaking' that when they are responsible for a country tearing itself apart?

People are free to adore' Snowden, but people should be careful what they wish for.

edit on 13-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

I understand your point.
If a government's behind-the-scenes actions are responsible for its unraveling, then justly so. Corruption must not be tolerated; this must be made clear.

As the saying goes, "if you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to worry about." Well, looks like the government can't handle its own medicine.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Whistleblowers are like DEVS from a MMORPG company talking about features.

If it isn't there at launch, chances are it will never see the light of day.

And besides this shows what his objective is. IF I had that much power( information wise ) I could care less whats happens to me, you doing it for a better America right? You didn't sign up for this crap right?

But these actions only implicate that he left out the really juicy stuff just to save his skin. So far for the moral high ground.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008
I just hope the rest of the world doesn't look upon the American citizen with the same disdain as that of our corrupt government. The key word being OUR government. We can make changes, even today as bloody messy as it is. Most choose not to, either out of fear or laziness.

You're hope is a forlorn one.

You fly with the crows, you get shot with the crows.

People with good internet access and with a keen enough interest in global affairs to spend a lot of time reading diverse news sources and boards can make the distinction. The majority of the world does not and cannot.

Like it or not you own the actions of your government in the eyes of the world at large.

Much in the same way as a Brit i'm tarred with the embarrassment of my governments blundering regarding Syria.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I honestly think he doesn't have any information of this type of magnitude. I'm more then sure they would have done away with Snowden along time ago if this was the case. Not really hard to assassinate someone in any country..... that is if your the U.S of course.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Heard the same kind of sensationalism with Assange and Manning.

Guess what?

edit on 13-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Ahh ! What of the key ?

Ed: Surely those entries/folders can be updated ..

edit on 14-7-2013 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   

I received no response when I asked this before. Maybe somebody here can tell me. Snowden didn't work for the government. He was contracted to do some work, and I'm guessing that work was in one specific field. So, how could he have access to any information OTHER than the information pertaining to that specific field?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I am quite surprised by the amount of members in this thread dismissing the importance and implications of what Snowden has told and NOT told us. I think he made it very clear his intent was NOT to jeopardize America, but rather to preserve the very foundation of this country, at great risk and sacrifice to himself.

The fact that he has not released certain information adds to his credibility in my eyes. It totally shows the governments willingness to outright lie and deceive by implying he has given "secrets" to our "enemies" putting America in harms way, unless of course as Ron Paul put it "the people are now the enemy of it's government"

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
Makes a lot of sense and I additionally think that there's the "if anything happens to me, this stuff goes public" kind of scenario going on here

edit on 13-7-2013 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

It was suggested (I believe by Greenwald) early on in the revelations that Snowden has sent copies of everything he has to several other individuals who will all have automatic access to it should anything happen to him. From what I gather, there are password-protected documents in their possession and if the US silences Snowden they will be released.

This can be easily accomplished by anyone with minimum IT capability. You just set up a cron job on a server to send out an email to your list of people, containing a password and instructions etc, and reset the release date periodically yourself. If anything stops you from halting the automatic process and resetting it, the email goes out and the information is released.

If Snowden is obstructed or killed, that cron job will run and the password sent out, the leaks will continue to be published.

The NSA cannot win in this, unless they manage to locate that server (highly unlikely). Either way, the information Snowden plans to release will be released whether he's dead, or incarcerated, or not.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
Makes a lot of sense and I additionally think that there's the "if anything happens to me, this stuff goes public" kind of scenario going on here

edit on 13-7-2013 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)
You may be right but why ruin your life by stealing this info if your never going to release it to keep your self alive?

My guess is he is an active asset and this is just more misdirection and we will never see or hear anything more damaging then what we already have........... which has really been nothing if you think about it.

just my opinion.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

If there was some 'damaging material' could a person live with 'leaking' that when they are responsible for a country tearing itself apart?

Simply put, that's just Orwellian newspeak.

If there is 'damaging material' that deals a blow to the U.S., then it is the people or institution that propagated the corruption or treachery that is culpable - not the citizen that exposes it.

We shouldn't be kowed by fear or threat of turmoil and made to accept less than the noble ideals and principles that this country was founded on, we should only determinedly root out those that subvert them.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Some may argue that Mr Snowden isn't the one who is causing harm to America,but that it is the out of control intel agencies who are causing the harm-by destroying civil liberties,freedom and the total disregarding of the constitution in the name of national security...

Some may argue that Mr Snowden is actually speaking for each and every "average"American,with the interests of his countryfolk at heart.

So who is the bigger evil?
A truth telling believer in the constitution,or the spiraling surveillance state with the power to look and listen into every building and street corner in the USA?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I hate to say it, but headlines like this are what make me honestly wonder if Snowden is *STILL* an active U.S. intelligence Officer playing his role in a larger plan we're not made aware or ...or a double who has been working for another intelligence service all along.

Why? Well. Statements like this are like the idiot in the public square demanding people listen because the Police State is here! It's 1984 and we're in Tyranny! ...without even giving thought to how ludicrous that is to say, given that it's truth would mean the speaker wouldn't be there to speak but in prison as a political dissident. :shk:

These announcements seem to be made with an almost childlike level of naive and innocence. It reminds me of the idiot journalist in the last Bourne movie, in the beginning, who Jason Bourne tries to save the life of until he does things HIS way anyway and gets a bullet to the brain pan to prove that the pursuers really WERE serious.

I mean, on one hand, Snowden leaks information indicating these people play by no rules, no laws and respect nothing for limits or boundaries with a literal license to loot, pillage and murder anywhere on the planet. Then on the other hand, he and his new associated kick them in the nuts and laugh in their face while doing it.

Now one of two things is true here. Either half or more of what is claimed about the NSA and their "power" is all B.S. and they KNOW this as they're saying things which would lethally provoke an agency like they describe ...or they are really this incredibly ignorant to just WORK at pissing off the assassins until they finally get around to using a .308 solution to their loud problems.

Which might it be? Hopelessly naive or corrupt and playing a game on us all? I'm starting to feel there isn't much inbetween.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join