It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Reuters: Yasser Arafat's Life Support to be Removed?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Yup, we need Hotback running the PLO.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Another day of dead - not dead - dead - not dead?
I can't help but wonder if he didn't pass several days ago. No one seems to know who will be in charge afterwards, and IMO a perceived lack of stability like that could result in undue tensions in that region.

*sighs*

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1
A sad loss. A warrior for Palestinian independence.

This sounds very familiar...

But really, why is it that the correct information on the Arafat situation has been so hard to come by? Who is covering and dis-informing, and for what purpose?

[edit on 9-11-2004 by DeltaChaos]

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I'm just sharing what I see Djarums.

They are still carrying the alert I posted earlier. I guess the doctors are the only ones who really know what is going on.

Banshee is right, its going to be another day of "is he or isnt he." This whole situation is drowning in a sea of rumors.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 09:19 AM
link   

"For sure he is dead," said the minister who spoke on condition of anonymity, AFP reported.

www.news.com.au...

Either way, Arafat is 'dead'.
I'm more interested in what's happening in regard to PLO in-fighting and personal agendas.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Palestinians senior sources in Paris report Yasser Arafat is dead. Palestinian leader is said to have expired minutes after Palestinian PM Qureia visited him at Percy hospital in Paris.

DEBKAfile

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   
So is he still just mostly dead, or is he completely dead?
I think that Suha doesn't want people to know that he's completely dead, so she can keep getting the big fat stinky check.

I don't think that anyone knows where all the money Arafat stole, sphined off, squireled away, is at. Maybe they are keeping him on life support until he gives up the location of all of the PA's funds.

EDIT: Oh wait... Dead men tell no tales.

[edit on 11/9/2004 by phreak_of_nature]

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by phreak_of_nature
So is he still just mostly dead, or is he completely dead?

CNN says now that he is "sort of dead"...and is not expected to survive.

In the end we might even find out that he wasnt sick at all...

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 09:40 AM
link   
This just in:

The Isreali government just announced that Arafat will be dead as soon as the poiso.....er... the plug is pulled. Yes, the plug is pulled.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Of course Israel poisoned him. They hope they can get a more submissive government in their, give them some crappy deal, and then work them slowly off their land.

It will never happen. The Israeli army are just high tech terrorists, and nothing more. Using helicopter gunships on a Hamas leader's vehicle, and killing a bunch of kids and bystanders, and barely showing any remorse is terrorism, and terror begets terror.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   
It seems Yassir has stashed more money around the world then the GNP of most African nations. And much of it only he knows where it is. He has maintained slush funds, for paying his "operatives". He has made bad investments, and stashed some away in accounts under the names of his cronies.

Here's a pretty good article on where it all went, well sorta, cause only Arafat knows.

Arafat's Financial Empire

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Sadly, it had been reported that Arafat has a brain haemorrhage.

From BBC News
Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat is suffering from a brain haemorrhage, a top aide has told reporters in the West Bank town of Ramallah.

Link

EDIT: Added link

[edit on 9/11/04 by Hyperen]

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   
The Palestinian Foreign Minister on CNN about the reason why Arafat got so sick so quickly: "His age and his difficult life lately. Small room and a little bit of oxygene" (yeah, right) ... He also said the doctors have ruled out this and that and he called it a sort of a "chain-reaction".

If he is really sick and in a deep coma as they say he is, I think he was poisoned. And anyone could have done it, palestinians or israelis. He wasnt every palestinians friend and not every israelis enemy either...

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   

The 41-year-old Suha, who lived in Paris for several years and more recently moved to Tunis, said she was issuing a "call to the Palestinian people" from the bedside of her 75-year-old husband.

"I want the Palestinian people to be aware of the scope of this conspiracy. They want to bury him alive," she said.

Oohh...I'll second that, buried alive sounds good...

the delegation includes former prime minister Mahmoud Abbas, who is now the acting head of the Palestine Liberation Organization

Anybody else think this is ringing a bell, like Nostrodamus...

Mahmoud Abbas = Mabus???

Let's just hope he doesn't adopt Khadafi's old habit of a blue turban....

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   
You know, as I've said in another thread or two, it boggles the mind how insane some people are.

The guy was in poor health for years and was 75 years old. As human beings sometimes we die. Certain more um... eccentric members are going to use this as ammo against the Israelis. "They poisoned him".

You know what? He could have lived till 150 and the same crap would be going on. Yeah yeah, he was poisoned by the Israelis. Some people are just looking for things to blame on others. That's a fact. You can't accept the facts can you buddy. Even the guy's own wife seems more suspicious of her husband's colleagues in government. They're trying to "bury him alive" right? But NO! Only those dastardly Israelis would do that.

There's no such thing as natural causes, there's no such thing as physical ailments. Only Israeli misdeeds. You should write a book.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   
The Isrealis aren't exactly known for their subtelty, hehe....they wouldn't have poisoned him, they would have simply put a rocket into his car/office or a car bomb.

While the Palestinians could have poisoned him, again, the issue of subtlety.

Somehow, I think it FAR more believable that the old terrorist's time is simply up...

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I am not one of those who believes that Arafat's end is anything other then the death of an old man. But I believe that the IDF has enough foresight to realize that blatantly killing the old man would have been the spark to ignite an even bigger outrage then was currently happening.

Course if you want to see a huge outrage... Wait til they get him back to the West Bank and try and bury him in Jerusalem.
Sharon Will NOT Allow Arafat Burial at Al Aqsa

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   
This from news.yahoo.com

Palestinian President Yasser Arafat was very ill but his brain, heart and lungs were still functioning, Palestinian Foreign Minister Nabil Shaath said.

He is very ill," Shaath told a new conference in Paris.

"His situation has deteriorated, especially last night," he said. "Having recognized the critical situation that President Arafat is in today, his brain, his heart and his lungs still function and he is alive."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

So it seems he is not dead again. I still don't buy it. Suha doesn't want him dead because that ends her money train. Others don't want him dead because they are still jockeying for position when he dies. Then of course there's still the money. Where is it.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1
A sad loss. A warrior for Palestinian independence.

R U serious? The sicko is a pedophile child rapist. He could
have ended this thing YEARS ago. Clinton's Camp David peace
talks gave Palestinians 95% of what they wanted. Arafat
didn't sign because he didn't get all of Jerusalem AND because
he wants Israel to cease to exhist.

Arafat is not a warrior for Palestinian independence. He is
IN THE WAY of independence. With him (FINALLY) gone,
there is a real chance at a peaceful, two state solution.

Hell has gained one more blood drenched murdering
pedophile rapist. Thank God he is finally gone from this
planet!

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   
One thing to clear up: Pulling life support does not mean death sometimes. If he is marginal, then he lives or dies based on his condition. Having spent 10 years in the Peds ICU, sometimes, people or kids will surprise you. Tking Arafat off may not do anything.

As I speculated last week, based on unconfirmed info, he had coded and maybe his higher brain functions are gone from cerebral hypoxia. However, the brainstem is the last to go and he may live a while yet. Or he could go quickly as well. Unless you can get me his chart, we just have to wait.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1    3 >>

join