It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unbelievable: Syria to Run for UN Human Rights Council, Iran Withdrew

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Unbelievable: Syria to Run for UN Human Rights Council, Iran Withdrew

townhall.com

If you thought about which countries should fill some of the seats on the UN’s Human Rights Council, Syria and Iran probably wouldn’t be the first to come to mind—and rightly so. Unfortunately, however, these two countries are planning to run for the open seats on the council’s 47-member body.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Yean Iran and Syria wouldn't be a first round draft pick, but then again reading the rest of that :

China,Iran,,Saudi Arabia, and considering all three countries are in the thick of it in Syria I find this simply astonishing.

The UN itself is a worthless organization should be abolished because in the past 60 years they have been an abject failure.

A place where people were suppose to go to workout their differences, to feed the poor,cloth the poor,. help those less fortunate has become nothing but a 'gentleman's club' to get cash and other perks.

Not to forget Evin Prison section 209 a place in Iran that is worse than Gitmo..

Then with the addition of over 100,000 Syrians who have died in a bloody 'war'.

The U.N. is a disgusting joke.

Good thing Iran did withdraw.

townhall.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 13-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You have got to be kidding me? Syria really think they could pull this off? Iran withdrew, for good reason I'm assuming... You would think after seeing the UN in their country and seen how big of a fail they are they wouldn't want anything to do with them...

Strange move for Syria to say the least...

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I'm sure Iran just withdrew to go head something more appropriate to their talents, like the UN effort for Nuclear Non-proliferation.

After Iran got a seat on that committee, I threw my hands up and gave up. That really was the last sign I needed to see the UN had become a rather sick parody of what it had been intended to serve as. It's just a joke but one that costs a fortune and causes enough misery to be remarkable around the world.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Getting rid of the security council would help an awful lot in cleaning up the war campaigns, lies, etc.

Just keep general assembly and a simple majority vote for now.

Syria is not a bad country. Its simply a war torn nation with the help of NATO and bric nations each trying to get something out of it and the people caught in the middle of it all. USA and Russia, both permanent security council members and with a long history of proxy wars, still going at it. I put more blame on NATO because lately it has been instigating much more than russia.

Its not that unbelievable imho...

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

A 47 member body!

Geez thats like a bad joke of how many countries in the world does it take to change a lightbulb?

Hell I'd rather have Maldavia,Liechtenstein, and Switzerland on the UN human rights council only 3 countries who aren't screwing people over, and be done with it.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by SloAnPainful

A 47 member body!

Geez thats like a bad joke of how many countries in the world does it take to change a lightbulb?

Hell I'd rather have Maldavia,Liechtenstein, and Switzerland on the UN human rights council only 3 countries who aren't screwing people over, and be done with it.

Two of those three nations are tax havens.

Now THAT certainly would be a recipe for disaster!

Why did you not include monte carlo, bahamas, cayman islands??

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Sad part is, that number is prolly going to become bigger and bigger over the years. Easy for them to split the work and split the cash flow...

47 is too much already if you ask me...

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Well withou the UN the USA would be invading even more countrys.

Thought its still a pile of pooh.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

So? Saudi Arabia is in the UN Human Rights Council and nobody is complaining about it i wonder why not?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The UN is a Joke...........Period.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Heh...wonder how the rat state of israel would do in this matter....

join