It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two questions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
1) Does God have limitations?
2) Does God think?

Thanks for your replies

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Theophorus

If we have truly been made in his image, then I would think that both answers are a yes.
I do not have proof of either but if he created us, I might say that he thought it through.... as for limitations, I would think that having to send his son to tell us about God is a limitation as in he can not interface with us directly, must always do it through another medium....

just my .02 thanks.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

The first question must be, does god exists

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

1) God can not be out of balance
2)God is the thoughts of everyone and everything as well as the matter we see and do not see

God is consciousness thinking and knowing

Just what I think...

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

1. The creator or architech would only have limitations if they were self imposed.
2. I can't believe that we can fathom what would be an original thought by the creator, it would result in syntax overload error /0.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I have concluded that God is the great white light which greets people in their death travel to the other side.
But It doesn't seem to have any power here in this life, with all this evil run amock.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by misschareesee
I have concluded that God is the great white light which greets people in their death travel to the other side.

You concluded that because you died?

Or you concluded it based off an assumption?

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Wouldnt the act of creation alone be a thought? Thinking is a limitation correct? Isnt god " all knowing" ?

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Prayers always unanswered. Like no ones home.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Judges 1: 19 states that God is powerless against iron chariots when the men of Judah attempt to take the hill country. Seems like a limitation to me.

In Genesis 3: 8-10 Adam and Eve hide their nakedness from the presence of God, and God has to ask them to reveal themselves to Him. Again a limitation, this time on God's knowledge.

2) Does God think?

To my knowledge God doesn't think. He just speaks, and speaks... and speaks, without ever really thinking about what He's saying, or what He's doing, which is why He says so many vile, hateful things, and commits so many atrocious actions.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
1.Yes
2.Reality in it's entirety are his thoughts.
Not that God is a "he" or "she".
edit on 13-7-2013 by cavtrooper7 because: finished my point

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthling42

Wrong.

The first question is does "does" exist?

Darryl Forests
aka 'forests'

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Forests

What is "does" ?

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthling42

Surely, the first question is do WE exist?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Theophorus
2) Does God think?

Thanks for your replies

More likely, there's not a "single" GOD, a "oneness", but a "collective" be-all of awareness. The only "purpose" of this *BEING* , is to explore all the possibilities that this *BEING* can ever possibly be, this *BEING" is forever interested in all that can possibly be. An ever-expanding "playground" that constantly expands outward on new territory of possibilities, because there are always new possibilities, that the *BEING" MUST "eager" to "be", thus to "experience", thus to "know", thus to "understand"...

So, the only limitation is that the journey is not "finished" yet, and never will. The possibilities are infinite, and that alone guarantees THE FUN.

And yes! I think "all-that-is" thinks a lot, because "thinking" is basically informations communicate with one another (via whatever the means) and subsequently reform into new patterns , so it is very likely that "thinking" might be the only "activities" that is going on here.

edit on 7/14/2013 by KeynodeG because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

top topics

join