It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Music surprises

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Looking to get some clips going of things that people found surprising from specific bands or artists. I'm looking for something surprising because of a guest appearance, song style, whatever. Something that makes a specific version of a song or a performance from a band just stick out as being different..

I'll start off with two..

The first is a song from the legendary Roger Waters with a special guest doing Comfortably Numb. Nothing more needs to be said other than I wish I could have been in the crowd for this...

The second clip is from a band that is 100% out of my sweet spot when it comes to music..I know very little about country and it's artists. I respect it as an art form but it's just something that never appealed to me that being said I have always thought the best songs have no genres just fan. What I know is that this specific band had to deal with a lot of BS from the industry and so called fans around the words of their lead singer. It's clearly a case of freedom of speech not being free or without consequences. Still the live performance you can find of this song are beyond powerful. The middle of the song , from 1:30 on, where the vocals build to a crescendo transcend all labels...

The Dixie Chicks: Not Ready To Make Nice (live)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

Try this one:-

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Hey.. I am a huge Radiohead fan. They had just made Ok Computer which is since it came out had been in many lists of best music of the twentieth century, Thry could have played it safe and made ok computer part 2. They went and totally changed thier whole sound for Kid A. Kid A is my favorite Radiohead CD because it is so different.

Off of Amnesiac. Which essentially was Kid A part 2.

Love the lyrics.

edit on 13-7-2013 by GArnold because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

This one caught me off guard,
The Gourds covering Snoop Dogg's "Gin and Juice"
I think there is something clever about Hip Hop subject matter being conveyed with a Blue Grass/Country vibe.
S&F Opeth

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

One more, and I'm really showing my age here.
I think lots of people were surprised when David Bowie appeared on Bing Crosby's Christmas special and sang a duet.
This was recorded on Sept. 11, 1977

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
This music video surprised me.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

Ha, ha, ha...

Surprising to say the least-I hit play & both my dogs were howling within 10 seconds & ouchy to my ears more from this dude than the hounds...sorry I just couldn't get through even 30 seconds..
. May be good eye candy for the fellows if you mute this "music"...cheers:
edit on 14-2-2014 by BurningSpearess because: (no reason given)

top topics

join