It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Christianity a Religion of War?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter
reply to post by vethumanbeing

You say "Yes we are God " . What , we are all God ? Not me ! You have a very low estimation of a God . Or maybe you just think your worthy of worship ?

I worship NO THING-----PAUL. Unlike yourself did NOT CREAT a universal religion FALSE. What are you if not God Aspect? Are you Creationism, an amoeba with bipedal walk or/and opposable thumbs, or Darwinistic, a PIG that Became a Mammal in the Oceanfront of your beach home (WHALE/DOLPHIN). I have every highest regard for Gkod, as I know who it is and where it resides, no puzzles here. I would never put myself out there as being worthy of worship (IM TOO SHY couldnt stand the spotlight and expect every one of you to figure this out without hand holding guidance (thats the point--to understand your roles in your own destiny).
edit on 19-7-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   

reply to post by ThinkingHuman

And you didn't understand that Christ did not come to serve drinks and ##snipped## . He came to separate those in sin from those who love their sin . He came to put strife between the lovers of the sin and those who actually were repentant of the dirty sinful ways . The KJV version says take up your cross and follow me or rise up out of the filth and follow me . I suppose you like your filthy sins and refuse to repent and follow God and the Gospel of Jesus whom he sent .
edit on Fri Jul 19 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Just to clarify...

"Filthy" you call me? Because I quote a passage from the Bible you don't want people to learn about.

THIS EXPOSES EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE.

Your own "filthy sins" will come back to haunt you.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Trying to follow Christ is a constant battle I am no saint . But I am repulsed by the filthy sins of this world that have increased over the years . You will one day be repentant of your foolish deeds . And with age they will become apparent .We all have those things that we do or that we fight against .

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Trying to follow Christ is a constant battle I am no saint . You will one day be repentant of your foolish deeds . We all have those things that we do or that we fight against .
Emphasis on WE fight against. 'God' isn't doing it for you anymore than for me.

The church just turns your foolishness into money for them, literally, by selling "salvation" for a set price, imprisoning scientists and those who believe otherwise.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Just like your name you are thinking human . How has that turned out for you so far ? But when you get down to it money is the issue . Your just going to drink or ##snipped## anyway .
edit on Sat Jul 20 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Just to clarify...

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

Trying to follow Christ is a constant battle I am no saint . But I am repulsed by the filthy sins of this world that have increased over the years . You will one day be repentant of your foolish deeds . And with age they will become apparent .We all have those things that we do or that we fight against .

And what exactly are you using to post on this thread? A computer? A phone? An IPad or something similar? Are these not diabolical devices, according to your Bible? Are these not unnatural contraptions, products of sinners and those with sinful inclinations? Are these not poisons that spoil the perfection of your god's beloved world, detracting from the worship and the veneration that he so desperately craves? How do you justify your use of such abominations? How do you justify your association with these tools of the devil?

You talk a good game, but your actions betray your words. Your piety is a sham, and your practices are a disgrace to the religion you preach. You are no better than the rest of us.

edit on 21-7-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Your inept understanding of what you are talking about again shows your adolescent youth .You don't want to discuss anything about Christianity which you believe to be a fallacy and the people who believe you think to be fools . You just want to come on a site in which you have no interest and insult peoples integrity all the while making your self look like a child with your laughing face . But to each his own .

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

Judge not lest thou be judged.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Not good enough ! You pick at the believer and you have no proof that they are not right .

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

What do you mean 'trying to follow christ'? Got a Facebook page has he? And what 'filthy sins'? Are you referring to the ordinary, everyday things that happen on this nasty little world of ours?

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

I thought I was talking to adults on this site .

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

I thought I was talking to adults on this site .

You are.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Either you are just trying to be funny or you don't know much about Christians and Catholics . They are not the same .

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg

What do you mean 'trying to follow christ'? Got a Facebook page has he? And what 'filthy sins'? Are you referring to the ordinary, everyday things that happen on this nasty little world of ours?

You would think Jesus at least had a facebook page, why so shy why not in this age explain itself; if God aspect should be able to meld right into current time; and what a FORUM if there ever was to be one. "Yeshua Ben Joseph Live twitter". REALLY; millions of minions to speak to, explain God format and intention, THE REAL DEAL regarding your ultimate manipulation. THE SILENCE SPEAKS VOLUMES.
edit on 23-7-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by vethumanbeing

You would think Jesus at least had a facebook page,

Maybe there is a facebook page for the crusades?

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Either you are just trying to be funny or you don't know much about Christians and Catholics . They are not the same .

Catholics aren't Christians? Eh?

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg

Catholics aren't Christians? Eh?

Who did the Crusades?
Oh, that's right, Catholics/Christians did.
edit on 26-7-2013 by ThinkingHuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Because of the Muslims. The Catholics/Christians were defending themselves against bullies.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Not really as per the Pope . The Vatican tried to subvert the already spreading Christian faith . Remember Christianity started with Jesus and spread throughout the Middle East from that time on . Catholism started some time after that . They acquired copies of the Gospel that had propagated throughout the Middle East and there were many . They did not have the only copy as some think .

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingHuman

Originally posted by LABTECH767

There is a god and he is good
IF there were no god how would any, whether scientifically explained or theological explained, ever exist.
Where I may differ from you is I refuse to blind myself to the universe for every great discovery brings us closer to an understanding of god (though we will never truly understand)

Our existence cannot be explained either way. What caused the Big Bang, or what created God? are both unanswerable, unless you supercede the univere(s), or God. Neither is possible.

So, discoveries may bring us closer to the next level, the process that created the human species, or earth, or the expansion of our universe. But not to prior of the Big Bang and not to God.

I find the concept of God is 'out of this world'. If there is a God he created the universe and then went on to do other things. Him staying around, watching us, getting angry, rewarding certain humans to the detriment of others, sending floods, having a 'son' Jesus. All of this is totally ridiculous to me. But maybe you can tell me how you reconcile these seemingly contradictory ideas.

As to Christianity, it is a religion. Religions are not created by the common people, they are created by those in power. They serve a purpose. The purpose is the powerful. The powerful benefit from wars. Don't you think so?

edit on 19-7-2013 by ThinkingHuman because: (no reason given)

I'm sorry to interrupt the argument you're presently embroiled in, but I needed to comment about your second paragraph here.

I have often thought about what you are saying here (that God created the universe and then sort of "left"). I think part of the problem with the nature of the universe is the perspective from which we view it. What if your idea is right (in that God created the universe and then it played out naturally from there), and the Christian view is also right? What if things do play out naturally in the universe as a result of the big bang, but what if all of that was predestined? What if it was all foreseen at the moment of creation? Could it then be said that God was directly intervening, or that he had already planned out how events would unfold before time began?

Take for example the miracle of the red sea. People have speculated that the event coincided with certain natural disasters in egypt at roughly the same time that the exodus is said to have occurred. Essentially, we have what could be said to be perfectly natural explanations for the 10 plagues of egypt and the parting of the red sea (or reed sea as the case might be). The people of the time, interpreted these events as being miraculous, and when one considers the historical context of the events in question, and their results, they were miraculous (even if explainable by natural phenomenon). So we have one group who suggests that God directly intervened on behalf of Moses, and another who suggest that the events of Exodus were explainable by natural occurrences. But what if the truth lies in the middle? What if time unraveled (so to speak) at the moment of creation, and natural processes took over and evolved over time, but all of those processes were set in motion with the end result in the mind of the creator?

Just something I've often thought about. I think that perhaps there is a natural order of things that we can observe through science, and to a certain extent the universe is sort of this cold mechanical process unfolding over billions of years. But I think within that process is a design, and an amazing degree of omniscience which would mean that although things occur "naturally", they play out within the parameters of a planned outcome.

This doesn't seem to contradict with the idea of free will either, if one considers that free will is somewhat illusory in the sense that a choice can only be made between a finite amount of alternatives. If you are in a narrow hallway which branches off to your left and your right, you really only have 5 choices. Go left, go right, head back the way you came, stay put, or attempt to dig. The fact someone designed the building you are in does not limit your ability to make a choice as to which direction you will go (even if the design itself limits your choice of directions).

Hope I haven't rambled too terribly. Take care and good luck with your arguments

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join