posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 07:59 AM
This section contains statements and speeches by Ms. Streisand.
We Must Have Patience ...Barbra Streisand
Posted on November 8, 2004
In response to the results of the Presidential election last week, I would like to share with you a quote from Thomas Jefferson. Although written in
1798, I feel his words speak perfectly to the strong sentiments of frustration and disappointment 48% of the country feel.
"A little patience, and we shall see the reign of witches pass over, their spells dissolve, and the people, recovering their true sight, restore
their government to its true principles. It is true that in the meantime we are suffering deeply in spirit, and incurring the horrors of a war and
long oppressions of enormous public debt......If the game runs sometimes against us at home we must have patience till luck turns, and then we shall
have an opportunity of winning back the principles we have lost, for this is a game where principles are at stake."
IS THIS THE MAN YOU THINK WILL KEEP YOU SAFE? ...Barbra Streisand
Posted on October 26, 2004
IS THIS THE MAN YOU THINK WILL KEEP YOU SAFE?...
1. BUSH IGNORED THE ADVICE OF THE CLINTON ADMINISTRATION REGARDING THE URGENT THREAT OF AL QAEDA.
2. BUSH IGNORED THE HART-RUDMAN COMMISSION TERRORISM REPORT, WHICH OUTLINED A RANGE OF U.S. SECURITY REQUIREMENTS AND STRATEGIC OBJECTIVES.
3. BUSH FAILED TO GET OVER 100,000 HOURS OF VALUABLE TERRORISM-RELATED TAPINGS TRANSLATED BY LINGUISTS AT THE F.B.I, A FULL 3 YEARS AFTER 9/11. IN
FACT, JOHN ASHCROFT REFUSED TO ENDORSE FBI REQUESTS FOR $58 MILLION FOR NEW COUNTERTERRORISM FIELD AGENTS, TRANSLATORS AND INTELLIGENCE ANALYSTS.
4. BUSH HELD NO FACE TO FACE MEETINGS WITH HIS TERRORISM CHIEF RICHARD CLARK AND NEITHER DID DICK CHENEY WHO WAS HEAD OF THE TERRORISM TASK FORCE.
5. BUSH CONTINUED HIS VACATION ON THE DAY HE RECEIVED A BRIEFING ABOUT THE IMPENDING ATTACK ON AMERICA.
6. KNOWING ABOUT THE IMPENDING HIJACKINGS, BUSH DID NOTHING TO BEEF UP AIRLINE SECURITY.
7. BUSH'S ATTORNEY GENERAL, JOHN ASHCROFT, TOLD THE ACTING DIRECTOR OF THE F.B.I. TO NOT TELL HIM ANYTHING MORE ABOUT TERRORISM.
8. BUSH WAS INACTIVE AND INDECISIVE FOR A FULL 7 MINUTES THE MORNING OF 9/11 WHEN INFORMED OF THE ATTACK ON THE WORLD TRADE CENTER. IF BUSH HAD ACTED
QUICKLY AND INTELLIGENTLY, PERHAPS HE COULD HAVE GIVEN AN ORDER TO SHOOT DOWN THE PLANE HEADED TOWARD THE PENTAGON AND SAVED THE LIVES OF THOSE WHO
9. BUSH INVADED IRAQ WITH THE RATIONALE OF IMAGINARY WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION AND IGNORED THE REAL THREAT IN AFGHANNISTAN. NOW WE HAVE A TERRORIST
BREEDING GROUND IN THE MIDDLE EAST AND OSAMA BIN LADEN AND ABU MUSSAB AL-ZARQAWI, A RADICAL ISLAMIC TERRORIST, RUNNING FREE.
10. BUSH IGNORED THE ADVICE OF THE GENERALS IN THE MILITARY WHO PROVED TO BE RIGHT.
11. BUSH OPPOSED THE CREATION OF A DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY.
12. BUSH OPPOSED THE CREATION OF THE 9/11 COMMISSION.
13. MORE THAN 3 YEARS LATER, OUR BORDERS, PORTS, AND NUCLEAR POWER PLANTS ARE STILL NOT SECURE.
14. BUSH SUPPRESSED THE RELEASE OF A CIA REPORT THAT LAYS BLAME UPON HIGH-LEVEL PEOPLE IN HIS ADMINISTRATION FOR NOT DOING THEIR JOBS IN A
SATISFACTORY MANNER BEFORE 9/11.
15. BUSH FAILED TO SECURE NEARLY 400 TONS OF KNOWN, DEADLY EXPLOSIVES IN IRAQ, AND NOW THEY MAY FALL INTO THE WRONG HANDS TO BE USED TO BLOW UP
AIRPLANES, LEVEL BUILDINGS AND DETONATE NUCLEAR WEAPONS.
Where does she get her information? Is she an insider at the pentagon? I know she was a huge Clinton fan, but I don't think she was on his list of
Why do celebrities like Barbra think that their ideas and opioions are so much more important that ours? She is a singer, nothing more, nothing less!
Yet she thinks America should listen to her because of her fame!