It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barbra Streisand has spoken but who will listen?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 07:59 AM
link   
This section contains statements and speeches by Ms. Streisand.

We Must Have Patience ...Barbra Streisand
Posted on November 8, 2004
In response to the results of the Presidential election last week, I would like to share with you a quote from Thomas Jefferson. Although written in 1798, I feel his words speak perfectly to the strong sentiments of frustration and disappointment 48% of the country feel.

"A little patience, and we shall see the reign of witches pass over, their spells dissolve, and the people, recovering their true sight, restore their government to its true principles. It is true that in the meantime we are suffering deeply in spirit, and incurring the horrors of a war and long oppressions of enormous public debt......If the game runs sometimes against us at home we must have patience till luck turns, and then we shall have an opportunity of winning back the principles we have lost, for this is a game where principles are at stake."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IS THIS THE MAN YOU THINK WILL KEEP YOU SAFE? ...Barbra Streisand
Posted on October 26, 2004
IS THIS THE MAN YOU THINK WILL KEEP YOU SAFE?...

1. BUSH IGNORED THE ADVICE OF THE CLINTON ADMINISTRATION REGARDING THE URGENT THREAT OF AL QAEDA.

2. BUSH IGNORED THE HART-RUDMAN COMMISSION TERRORISM REPORT, WHICH OUTLINED A RANGE OF U.S. SECURITY REQUIREMENTS AND STRATEGIC OBJECTIVES.

3. BUSH FAILED TO GET OVER 100,000 HOURS OF VALUABLE TERRORISM-RELATED TAPINGS TRANSLATED BY LINGUISTS AT THE F.B.I, A FULL 3 YEARS AFTER 9/11. IN FACT, JOHN ASHCROFT REFUSED TO ENDORSE FBI REQUESTS FOR $58 MILLION FOR NEW COUNTERTERRORISM FIELD AGENTS, TRANSLATORS AND INTELLIGENCE ANALYSTS.

4. BUSH HELD NO FACE TO FACE MEETINGS WITH HIS TERRORISM CHIEF RICHARD CLARK AND NEITHER DID DICK CHENEY WHO WAS HEAD OF THE TERRORISM TASK FORCE.

5. BUSH CONTINUED HIS VACATION ON THE DAY HE RECEIVED A BRIEFING ABOUT THE IMPENDING ATTACK ON AMERICA.

6. KNOWING ABOUT THE IMPENDING HIJACKINGS, BUSH DID NOTHING TO BEEF UP AIRLINE SECURITY.

7. BUSH'S ATTORNEY GENERAL, JOHN ASHCROFT, TOLD THE ACTING DIRECTOR OF THE F.B.I. TO NOT TELL HIM ANYTHING MORE ABOUT TERRORISM.

8. BUSH WAS INACTIVE AND INDECISIVE FOR A FULL 7 MINUTES THE MORNING OF 9/11 WHEN INFORMED OF THE ATTACK ON THE WORLD TRADE CENTER. IF BUSH HAD ACTED QUICKLY AND INTELLIGENTLY, PERHAPS HE COULD HAVE GIVEN AN ORDER TO SHOOT DOWN THE PLANE HEADED TOWARD THE PENTAGON AND SAVED THE LIVES OF THOSE WHO WERE KILLED.

9. BUSH INVADED IRAQ WITH THE RATIONALE OF IMAGINARY WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION AND IGNORED THE REAL THREAT IN AFGHANNISTAN. NOW WE HAVE A TERRORIST BREEDING GROUND IN THE MIDDLE EAST AND OSAMA BIN LADEN AND ABU MUSSAB AL-ZARQAWI, A RADICAL ISLAMIC TERRORIST, RUNNING FREE.

10. BUSH IGNORED THE ADVICE OF THE GENERALS IN THE MILITARY WHO PROVED TO BE RIGHT.

11. BUSH OPPOSED THE CREATION OF A DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY.

12. BUSH OPPOSED THE CREATION OF THE 9/11 COMMISSION.

13. MORE THAN 3 YEARS LATER, OUR BORDERS, PORTS, AND NUCLEAR POWER PLANTS ARE STILL NOT SECURE.

14. BUSH SUPPRESSED THE RELEASE OF A CIA REPORT THAT LAYS BLAME UPON HIGH-LEVEL PEOPLE IN HIS ADMINISTRATION FOR NOT DOING THEIR JOBS IN A SATISFACTORY MANNER BEFORE 9/11.

15. BUSH FAILED TO SECURE NEARLY 400 TONS OF KNOWN, DEADLY EXPLOSIVES IN IRAQ, AND NOW THEY MAY FALL INTO THE WRONG HANDS TO BE USED TO BLOW UP AIRPLANES, LEVEL BUILDINGS AND DETONATE NUCLEAR WEAPONS.

Where does she get her information? Is she an insider at the pentagon? I know she was a huge Clinton fan, but I don't think she was on his list of advisors
Why do celebrities like Barbra think that their ideas and opioions are so much more important that ours? She is a singer, nothing more, nothing less! Yet she thinks America should listen to her because of her fame!

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 08:29 AM
link   
What is with this woman's ramblings???? Honestly nobody has given a damn what she has to say or sing since the 60s - she has a small select group of supporters who club on the weekends and sing show tunes during the week. They also think that Liza Minelli is a Goddess and Madonna a diva.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   
The 2004 elections has proven that Americans are not "starstruck". If anything Barbara "BS" Streisand just moved a couple more thousand people to the Republican side

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 08:45 AM
link   
It is not just her either! Others include Sean Penn, Susan Sarandon, Robert Redford and others. I don't know why they think that fame makes them have to the right to stand on a pedastool and tell others how to think. They are famous because of their jobs as actors not as politicians! I think they get carried away by their own hype and think they are more important then the rest of us mere mortals!

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Bla Bla Bla. I keep seeing the same posts about celebrities and the same comments.

Trust that if you or I were famous, we (being ones that care about the future of America regardless of political affiliation) would be using our fame as a pulpit to speak from in hopes of reaching some people.

Let them talk in peace guys.

You don't like the views, fine. Other than that, leave it alone.

This isn't the section for that anymore.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Of course the irony is that the people who hate these celebrities, just made them richer by voting for bush.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I personally don't care what MegaStreisand is saying. I won't be listening.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme
Of course the irony is that the people who hate these celebrities, just made them richer by voting for bush.

Do you mean in terms of the tax cuts?

I don't know that so many people hate the celebrities, so much as they resent their arrogant attitude for making themselves a self-appointed spokesman.

Who knows, anymore.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
You have to remember, this is the same lady that called Saddam Hussein 'Iranian'. Shortly after, she tried to correct it on her website. Silly. And if you don't believe me, here is the link:

www.celiberal.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Something about BS quoting Thomas Jefferson is raising a red flag... I can't quite put my finger on it... Something to do with the Constitution I think...

Founding Fathers Monkeys, not just for National Holidays anymore...

top topics

join