It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Low Self-Worth Motivates ATS Trolls and Haters

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
Low Self-Worth Motivates ATS Trolls and Haters

I think you're basing your line of thought on a generic, recycled, over-used, archaic concept that has been tossed around the Internet for years; that being: people who hate others actually really just hate themselves.

The entire idea has always been, is now, and forever will be completely ludicrous. It's very similar in nature to another infinitely repeated concept that I've always found equally inaccurate: 'you have to love yourself, first, before you can love anyone else.'

I think a great many people are literally incapable of psychologically grasping the fact that experiencing a specific human emotion towards another person -- be that frustration, anger, and hate; or appreciation, admiration, and love -- does not require the prerequisite of first experiencing (and simultaneously experiencing) said emotion toward one's self.

To say that low self-worth motivates trolls and haters is to basically provide a mental safety net of sorts for yourself since, in effect, what you are really doing is removing any possibility that you may say or do something which merits being trolled or hated. You are, in effect, immunizing yourself against ridicule. It's a rather, juvenile mindset, really.

Human beings are vastly complex emotional beings, capable of feeling and experiencing a diverse range of differing thought and emotion about themselves, others, and the world around them.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join