It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There Is Something Intrinsically Wrong With America

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   
There have always been people who like sugar coated news, degrading entertainment, religion, and defining fashion. These people have a problem with the bleakness of reality. They need an alternate reality to feel secure. They demand the "media".

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

So,,, You have some discrepancies do you?

Noted.

Anything to make The Beacon shine brighter and better is worthy.

As long as there is no dissent.

S&F

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

Here is an excellent example of someone who is so different from me, we would have a very difficult time cooperating.

There is also the type that is "survival of the fittest" and "every man for himself". This person would have a hard time cooperating with anyone who isn't serving him or her.

These examples are not new ways of thinking. They are deeply ingrained. We seem to be destined to be a planet of clans and loners.
edit on 14-7-2013 by gentledissident because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Indeed good post Heff.

The real problem has always been within rather than without.

I do tend towards Carlin's philosophy quite heavily and he made a lot of great points.

If we want to make the world better step one is always what?
Improve thine self!

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Posts like these are whats wrong with America. Honestly stop thinking you are special. You can replace America in every sentence with any country in the world, and people will feel the same. We claim to be awaken, we moan for change, but we still can't look passed our own borders.

The system as a whole is broken.

I would love to see the day a thought out post like this was made towards the people of earth.

Do you think this is only happening in the USA? You think that our country's are doing it better? Day after day I see posts like these pop up "oh what it used to be, and whats wrong with.." Fact is here in my country its the same. Its in every bloody nation the same. in fact some have it worse then what you are experiencing.

Until the people start to see its a global problem, there is no solution. America has never been the Alpha or the Omega.

There is no government, there is only us the people.

*not a personal attack towards OP, I really loved the post, but look beyond America*

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   
The problem with people is perspective. When we are young, the world is new and interesting, and we are really good at ignoring and forgetting the "bad" and immersing ourselves fully in the present. As we get older, our perspectives shift. We no longer think we are immortal, the "bad" stuff worries us more, and we seem to lose the ability to immerse ourselves in the present. So instead we pine for the past, which never really existed as we remember it.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
The problems of people lie in their inability to question what is. What is this reality? What is happening right now? Where is the future of the universe heading? What is this swirling mass of energy that we call reality? We are literally beings of light, made of energy fluctuating endlessly around itself. The problem of us local forms of consciousness lies in our selfishness. We are completely selfish to believe that we are important, or rather to believe we are more important than a grain of sand or the subtle patterns of gaseous matter surrounding our physical bodies.

Conscious life-forms are inherently selfish, that is the reason why we seek salvation from hunger and thirst. We want to save ourselves from pain and suffering. We want to feel "good." This is selfish and yes it is greedy. Our quest for self preservation is a dark and destructive path. We are parasites to the planet and we are ultimately parasites to the cosmos. All life is parasitic to some thing.

Before man's triumphant dance toward the industrialization of matter we were a more simple being, comparable to many a number of beasts that roam this plane. Stretching across centuries of blood-stained sands we've managed to put our feet one before the other and carve out a self-defined existence for ourselves. In the meanwhile we've enslaved all other life, holding a loaded gun to the Earth (a couple hundred thousand nukes is a more relativistic way of looking at it).

We are in the cradle of civilization, the only civilization on the planet as we know it, and the only civilization in all reality as far as the majority of us can prove to one another. We're still an infant species and we're growing up fast. The Earth has carried the fetus of man and woman-kind to term and we're now trampling across the landscape destroying everything we desire so long as it harnesses for us a positive feeling in this moment. This moment is all we seem to think about. What will you do later this evening? What's your work schedule like for the next couple of weeks? What will you do when your car is paid off in a few years? We're living in the moment, not realizing that we've all but sealed our fate towards self-destruction.

I speak philosophy with a good portion of my friends and yet so few of them still mention the future of human civilization. We've outgrown our cultures, we've outgrown our ideologies and we've outgrown this planet. We're not long for this Earth anymore and if we don't prepare to make drastic societal changes, and SOON, then we might as well spend our fading centuries digging mass graves. This is not a problem for Americans (Northern and Southern), nor a problem for Europeans. The human species is one people who have to collectively recognize their self-created destiny. Our destiny is currently leading towards a trail of ruin and immeasurable suffering. We have suffered completely at the hands of ourselves for far too long.

Now, in our post industrial era of self-proclaimed lordship, we no longer give sway to a large number of environmental factors. We dominate the landscape with massive towers that pierce the sky, our war machines could destroy the entire planet over the course of a day and ALL of our current suffering is created by ourselves. We know better than this. We know better than to squander our limited resources. We know that giving to others freely is one of the greatest gifts mankind has offered itself. Now we're in the dying days of civilization where the next steps are crucial to defining either our salvation among the stars, or our burial beneath the surface of the Earth.

If we don't act consciously and kindly over the next few generations then we will continuously give in to greed and selfish arrogance, just as our forefathers before us. There was never a time of peace and there was never a time where things were "okay." Whatever country any of you thought once existed that was some utopia of democratic freedoms is a lie. A lie being fed to us by ourselves. The road to salvation for all known life is forward, out of the pool of blood we've trailed behind us. We have littered this planet with our corpses and our greed for too long. When can we stand up to ourselves and demand that resources be given equally? That NO man, woman or creature under the sun is any more precious than another? We either give everything or we die chasing a dream that never existed.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by MaryStillToe

America was never a beacon of righteousness. The only thing that has changed is which people or groups of people get to benefit most from the spoils of corruption.

Freedom, prosperity, and equity were always provided in abundance to specific groups of average Americans as a result of theft, violence, or immoral treatment of other groups of people, either at home or abroad.

That's the rub. Majority of the Americans always believed that as long as they kept chanting praises of the country, the elite would provide them opportunities for ever increasing prosperity. Once that is proving to be an unlikely thing, the delusion is also becoming increasingly difficult. Not sure if there is a competing elite that can deliver the unending prosperity that American majority so desires in return for delusional praises of righteousness.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   

However...

There is something intrinsically RIGHT with America.

Americans!!! Americans are basically a good and generous people!!! Therein may be their downfall; naive and easily lead by charlatans and thieves.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Observor
That's the rub. Majority of the Americans always believed that as long as they kept chanting praises of the country, the elite would provide them opportunities for ever increasing prosperity. Once that is proving to be an unlikely thing, the delusion is also becoming increasingly difficult. Not sure if there is a competing elite that can deliver the unending prosperity that American majority so desires in return for delusional praises of righteousness.

I find myself in a majority of agreement with your statement. Any quantity of discord between our beliefs on the subject stem from what I too see as delusions among the populace. People have been deluded because they believed that what civilization has been doing is okay in any way. What we are doing on this planet is NOT okay. It is not okay to kill another life form. It is not okay to hoard goods for self-preservation while other life forms live in squalor and poverty. It's also not alright to believe that ones self is any amount more righteous or deserving than another. People have been more-or-less content with their self-destructive tendencies. I feel that if others felt as strongly as I do and with the same mindset that there would be hundreds of millions marching the streets actively creating the change that most subconsciously desire.

It's all probably a bit too much for us to handle. We're set in our ways and most people are afraid to let go of their smart phones, automobiles and ideologies.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Man Heff............ Sometimes you amaze me with "HOW" eloquently you say things. I am envious!

It Is Time For Us To Own This

Ain't that the truth!

The problem?

It has to be a collective "owning" and not an individual one per say. Those that know the jig is up, need to get off their asses and really really start participating to either get sensible people in office, or continue to wallow in their own misery. I am optimistic this could and still can happen. Everyday I see sensibility. Everyday I see good in people. I saw this pic, and say THIS is what America is. This is what makes America great.

We can change this, but we really need folks to open their eyes past their own little Worlds. Is that asking to much?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Do you feel you have any obligations as a citizen? Are there things you ought to do, should do, because of your position?

For example, do you think you have an obligation to serve on a jury, or an obligation to avoid that duty?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
As long as the government is as corrupt as it is, and the media as complicit as it is in enabling that corruption, ain't nuthin' gonna change.

The media is the key, and right now it plays along with the crony capitalism and corrupt government.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Senduko
Posts like these are whats wrong with America. Honestly stop thinking you are special. You can replace America in every sentence with any country in the world, and people will feel the same. We claim to be awaken, we moan for change, but we still can't look passed our own borders.

Sorry, but the Rest of the World isn't looking past their "own" backyard. That is the Truth. Hell, Many folks look to America also as their salvation. From those in Haiti to those fleeing Mexico. Its impossible to "wake up" to the global solution, if your own backyard isnt fixed. MHO

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by Senduko

Sorry, but the Rest of the World isn't looking past their "own" backyard. That is the Truth. Hell, Many folks look to America also as their salvation. From those in Haiti to those fleeing Mexico. Its impossible to "wake up" to the global solution, if your own backyard isnt fixed. MHO

So that's something unique to America?

Latest research has revealed more than three million people migrated to EU countries in one year alone - with the UK receiving the highest number.

Research by the EU's statistics arm Eurostat has revealed Britain in 2010 had the largest intake of immigrants at 591,000.

www.express.co.uk... Source in article : Eurostat.

So this isn't even about Spain; or Belgium... or Italy.

I wasn't trying to derail this thread, as I said wonderful Post from OP. But this isn't something unique to America, its happening all over the world.
That said noone is looking for salvation by the US. At this point sovereign country's will pay to keep the USA out of their way.

That doesn't mean OP isn't right. I agree 100% but like I said you could replace America with any country and it would still be 100% correct.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

The problem with it all is those Countries are not looking at their own problems, and saying America is going to solve them. The thread title is .......

Not the World.OP is looking at his own backyard.....and trying to figure out the solution to it.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
It's through complacency and plenty that Americans have allowed things to get to where they are today. Spoiled by the milk and honey, dazzled by the magic of Hollywood, programmed by the puppetry of propaganda.

We have let America be stolen from under our noses, and now we are waking up to a far far different America than our forefathers intended. So now we have a choice to make. The same choice that confronted the America patriots of the revolutionary era. We can succumb to the blatant tyranny and injustice, or we can rise and stand up against it.

Where do you stand? YOUR life, YOUR republic, YOUR choice. RISE!

youtu.be...

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
It's through complacency and plenty that Americans have allowed things to get to where they are today. Spoiled by the milk and honey, dazzled by the magic of Hollywood, programmed by the puppetry of propaganda.

We have let America be stolen from under our noses, and now we are waking up to a far far different America than our forefathers intended. So now we have a choice to make. The same choice that confronted the America patriots of the revolutionary era. We can succumb to the blatant tyranny and injustice, or we can rise and stand up against it.

Where do you stand? YOUR life, YOUR republic, YOUR choice. RISE!

youtu.be...

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
To see the real answers to these types of conundrums one has to look at the basic human nature that draws us into these predicaments every time. This is not a new progression. Ask yourself, why do children leave the farm for the city. Parents falsely try to provide their children with more choices than they had for themselves. More choices just lead to more fails. A better life for your children may not include all the things that you wanted but couldn't have for yourself in your life.

In order to fix your life and your community ask yourself what kinds of things around you are not needed or are too much of a sacrifice of environment to make in order to have. For instance. Everyone on earth cannot have a car if we expect to have a future on this planet. Farming for yourself and your family and your immediate community is the only answer to recreating a sustainable future. humans have honed the skills for this type of lifestyle for thousands of years, knowing it as the only way. we are throwing the tools, and processes away faster and faster every day. If we have to relearn these things then we are not nearly as civilized as we profess ourselves to be.

Our people are confused by too many choices. Advertising of big companies leads us to believe we need things that we don't need.

Look to your immediate community and accept nothing less than the best. Keep yourself and your neighbors in check. Create a life for yourself and your children where everything that you need to live a happy life is right at your fingertips and don't rely on those who you cannot know and see to make decisions about your life or the things that you need. Be the example that you want your children and neighbors to be.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Thank you for posting this thread...I enjoyed it and hope others keep looking for the answers to help ourselves to become better at getting along with each other...

Awaken - The Change Starts With You - A Short Film

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join