It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I sure do miss our once friendly yellow sun of yesteryear

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by joer4x4

Thank you ever so much.

Here's some Tesla:

The bulk of Tesla's research into the aether and electromagnetism was conducted between 1892 and 1894, when he was conducting experiments with high frequency and high potential electromagnetism and patenting devices for their utilisation. It was completed, according to Tesla, by the end of the 1930s. Tesla claimed that the theory provided an alternative to Einstein's general relativity, explaining gravity as a mix of transverse and longitudinal electromagnetic waves.

"... It explains the causes and motions of heavenly bodies under it's influence so satisfactorily that it will put an end to idle speculation and false conception, such as that of curved space ... '

"Einstein's relativity work is a magnificent mathematical garb which fascinates, dazzles and makes people blind to the underlying errors. The theory is like a beggar clothed in purple whom ignorant people take for a king... its exponents are brilliant men but they are metaphysicists rather than scientists."
Nikola Tesla - New York Times (11 July 1935)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkNite

I think it'll be somewhere along the lines of the 2010 movie, except it won't be Jupiter that turns into a sun, but Saturn again.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkNite

And they have to do lots of sprinkling, don't they? I mean dividing by zero is just idiocy.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by CircleOfDust
reply to post by AstronomyAddict

Coming from someone who doesn't understand what the fundamental force of the universe is, or someone who believes in black holes, dark matter, or gravity keeping the planets in a nice orbital plane around the sun notwithstanding all that angular momentum...? well I just don't think I'm going to worry too much about what you think.

As someone who obviously doesn't know astrophysics or the mathematics to back it up, I'm not going to worry too much about what you have to say either.

Until totally nonsensical ideas keep being regurgitated as if they are facts. That's just obfuscation.
edit on 17-7-2013 by AstronomyAddict because: Clarification

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Christmas and summer seemed exciting and to last for ever as well. Does that mean any of that changed? No. All that has changed is your perception.
edit on 7-17-13 by paradox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AstronomyAddict

Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality.

-Tesla

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by paradox

Just like the weather on the east coast moving backwards today. It's just perception.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by CircleOfDust

What exactly is the relevance of that in relation to the sun? There's absolutely no correlation. You just lack comprehension in how weather systems work.

Please just get over the fact that the sun has not magically changed its color. The only thing that has changed is you seem to have some cynical view of the world; something most people don't have when they're younger.
edit on 7-19-13 by paradox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by sealing

It has NEVER looked yellow to me. Sometimes it does LOOK red or orange or pink or purple at sunrise or sunset, but when the sky is clear it looks white to me. Always has. No amount of sarcasm or belittling from you will change that

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by paradox

Just because you can't understand how the sun works doesn't mean there's any magic involved. I could bring my helium tank and stack of balloons and wow some tribes with my magic, but that's not really magic now is it. It's just they lack the necessary background knowledge of the mechanism involved to understand what's going on.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I find it interesting that you mentioned purple.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by CircleOfDust

I always mention purple

There have also been purple sunrises and sunsets for add long as I can remember.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
The answer is in your eyes. Sun doesn't change color and our atmosphere has stayed same. Your eyes aged, and UV radiation has made changes to them. I wouldn't be surprised that you yourself have caused damage to your eyes looking sun for seconds.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by nOraKat
You'll have your milder sun back in about 2 years or so. Right now is the solar maximum, and I think 3 years ago it was much milder, so I figure in another 3 years or so it will be back to that level. Just come out later in the day and you'll have your mild sun.

That 11 years long cycle doesn't have effect on Sun's spectrum, and "Maximum" we have now is very weak. Seems like Sun is sleeping, it seems it has entered to quiet period, which is actually bad. More cosmic radiation can enter Earth's environment (Solar wind blows cosmic radiation out). This has also effect on weather. During active Sun, weather here on earth. During active Sun, more clouds form and when Sun is quiet, there is more clear weather.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

Actually, you don't have to be an idiot to look at the sun, Isaac Newton stared at the sun for an extremely long time and almost blinded himself, just out of curiosity. He had to be left in a dark room for days for his sight to heal. I don't think we can call such a man an idiot...

Certainly not a total idiot, but in this case he acted as if he had the intellect of a FIG...

Anyone who looks directly at the Sun after reading this story you wrote is most certainly displaying the same type intellect...

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Yeah I suppose you're right. The time we really gotsta worry is when we see a green sunset/sunrise...

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by totallackey

I find it fascinating that someone no one's ever heard of (you) sits so easily in judgment over one of the best minds the world has ever known (Newton).

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Thebel

"As a star the sun is a typically yellow dwarf, inconspicuously located in a spiral arm near the outer edge of our Milky Way galaxy."

Encyclopedia Americana, 2001

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by CircleOfDust
reply to post by paradox

Just because you can't understand how the sun works doesn't mean there's any magic involved. I could bring my helium tank and stack of balloons and wow some tribes with my magic, but that's not really magic now is it. It's just they lack the necessary background knowledge of the mechanism involved to understand what's going on.

I don't know how the sun works, and yet here you are claiming it has changed color? Lol dude, you think the sun has physically been yellow at some point in its existence, and you're trying to argue. The sun is white, my friend. It looks yellow due to our atmosphere. So if anything would have changed, it would be the atmosphere, and that's pure loony talk. Next you'll be saying the sky isn't blue anymore.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
We seem to get these 'the sun is different' threads every summer solstice. It's JULY, ferchrissakes. I'm just turning 60 and have fond memories of the summers of old, but I sure as heck didn't go out in July and August during high noon all that much, and when I did, I burned fast and the eye-glare was blinding. My 'golden sun' memories were more likely early mornings, dinner time and late into the evening as the sun is lower on the horizon and everything takes on that glow. High noon is high noon, folks.

Maybe our Aussie and Kiwi-ian friends could chime in and tell us if their now-winter sun seems hotter than usual or it's making their skin crinkle up.

I agree that things all across the board seem different, and that there are climatic changes both natural and man-made happening, but if the sun truly were hotter than normal, the plants and animals out in it all day long would be fried by now if things were more than minutely different.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join