It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I sure do miss our once friendly yellow sun of yesteryear

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by CircleOfDust

Just to clarify, I agree with you that it's not the atmosphere making the sun glaring white. It's white in pics from the ISS like you said. It's just stronger and more intense. Not good either way.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by CircleOfDust
reply to post by toastyr

Do you use any sunscreen?

Absolutely not, it hinders the bodies production of vitamin D, among other things. I have been taking liposomal vitamin C as well, great stuff, good thread here somewhere. Here. www.abovetopsecret.com...

I also supplement with magnesium, boron, calcium, vitamin E and Vitamin A as they are cofactors to vitamin D and therefore very necessary.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkNite

Just curious do you think something is 'wrong' with the sun..? You think maybe its slowly running out of hydrogen? (I think it's hydrogen anyway) If I'm thinking correctly it should start expanding when it starts trying to fuse its helium instead of hydrogen.. I do not think that would be good. Not for us, not for Martians.. Just wondering what you think my friend?

I don't believe in the conventional model of a fusion core based sun, which hasn't been demonstrably verified to being sustainable. Best they can do is mimic every step of the way, but can't make anything work from start to finish. Add that to the coronal heating problem and you got yourself one defunct little theory. Just do some searches on the electric universe. That's the fundamental force in the universe.

In my opinion the sun's definitely not normal. When something goes wrong with a star, they don't usually grow bigger, they explode. That's probably what's going to happen, but who knows. I'm sure you're familiar with fluffy right. In any event nothing happens in the universe by chance, and if we got our act together and throw out the moneychangers from the temples so to speak, we would avoid this disaster. But don't think that's going to happen.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   

I cant lie i dont know nothing about the sun really. Didnt know the fusion idea could be bunk. As far as i knew it was proven. Mostly everything you said was the first time ive heard it. And ive heard something about an electric universe but didnt look into it.. I have to check that out right now. Seems interesting..This is my kind of topic.(im really into anything about the universe) But if that's the case and it explodes then we probably wouldn't get much warning would we? It has already changed over the years though as in getting hotter gradually changing color.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   

In my opinion the sun's definitely not normal. When something goes wrong with a star, they don't usually grow bigger, they explode. That's probably what's going to happen, but who knows. I'm sure you're familiar with fluffy right. In any event nothing happens in the universe by chance, and if we got our act together and throw out the moneychangers from the temples so to speak, we would avoid this disaster. But don't think that's going to happen.

I've got a loaded pillow and I'm not afraid to use it. All the doom talk makes me want to hit someone over the head with a pillow.

I also don't believe in our science, more electric universe. But the sun is not going to supernova, but we wouldn't notice if it did, would all be freed and in a better place to learn lessons. I don't even know if everyone would know we were somewhere else, some may think it just changed.

so if Family wants to do it that way and its the only way to free us, I would not be blaming them.
edit on 15-7-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Please don't hit me on the head with your pillow!

It's just that there are so many supernovas going off all the time in our galaxy, and remember that it's not like they tell us. When we look at the stars or a supernova in the sky this is real time, not millions of years ago.

I shouldn't have said there is anything wrong with this perhaps, because everything has a life cycle, and the death of a star is not really a death at all, because the energy just takes a different shape and gets used later on for something else.

Regardless, the sun is being affected by new forces out there. What happens is anybody's guess.

And if I really told you what I though, you'd definitely think I was crazy. Which would then put you back in line with the rest of the world But most people aren't ready even for the little I have explained, so no point in going there.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkNite

I cant lie i dont know nothing about the sun really. Didnt know the fusion idea could be bunk. As far as i knew it was proven. Mostly everything you said was the first time ive heard it. And ive heard something about an electric universe but didnt look into it.. I have to check that out right now. Seems interesting..This is my kind of topic.(im really into anything about the universe) But if that's the case and it explodes then we probably wouldn't get much warning would we? It has already changed over the years though as in getting hotter gradually changing color.

I'm with you, this is one of my favorite topics, why I've always been a Star Trek geek. Imagining the possibilities.

You can be sure if something big happens, they're not gong to tell you. In a worst case scenario with a supernova, yeah no possible warning possible. In a huge expulsion of matter less than that however they probably have an hour or less, which is just enough time to get themselves moved, but not enough to let everyone know. But why would they? .

Anyway I shouldn't have been so rash about mentioning the supernova. There's a million different possibilities of how this scenario might play out.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
In 50 years I've never seen the sun yellow except in crayon drawings. It's white and always has been...to me.

Aw yes, all those beautiful, often written about,
white sunsets...Are you sure you've never seen the sun yellow?

And OP Just wait a bit. I'm pretty sure our Sun is about to go nighty night
as far as Sun spots are concerned and a little Ice Age is on its way.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by autopat51
its quite odd really..back in the 60's when i was a kid,we were outside all day long,
all summer long. never worried about burning at all.
now..i live on a street filled with kids,never hardly see them till the sun gets low in the sky.
my own kids dont like going out much till later in the day.
very odd

Not odd just Facebook, Tumblr and Angry Birds keeping them busy.

The sun hasn't changed, apart from it being 20 or 30 years older now...like you are.

What may have changed though is polution levels in the atmosphere, esp around cities , this would create a more hazy feel to the sun no doubt. Also its human nature to look back at our childhood with a happy sunny outlook, ask your kids in 20 years what 2013 was like, they will probably say it was sunny and golden too.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by AstronomyAddict
I believe the OP is referring to the color of the sun in poetic terms. I'm surprised that people are relying upon nostalgic memories and then claiming them to be factual. It's nonsense.

The sun has NOT changed in any way since the 1970's, 60's or 50's for that matter. You can easily access the Total Solar Irradiance information online from any number of sources. The variation in solar output is less than 0.1% during the 11-year sunspot cycle, and there is no evidence that is has exceeded 0.2% during the last two millennia.

The color of the sun has NOT changed. It still is white and always has been. It appears yellowish because the oxygen/nitrogen mix in the atmosphere scatters the blue light and thus subtracts it from the white, giving a tinge of yellow. That's also why the sky is blue. Pollutants in the atmosphere can change the color, but the sun itself has not changed. If people are perceiving color changes then it's due to human pollution of the atmosphere, or increased dust from volcanic sources.

The apparent heat from the sun that you feel on your skin is dramatically affected by the humidity. The higher the humidity, the hotter the sun "feels" on your skin. That's all. Nothing more to it.

edit on 15-7-2013 by AstronomyAddict because: Additional Info

Nice first post, you nailed it...have your first star on me (a big yellow one!)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeneralChaos

Originally posted by Iamschist
I will await Phage to tell you the science, hopefully he will drop by..

Pathetic....truly pathetic.

A jerk.... truly a jerk.

I don't really know if the sun has changed. There are times when the light does seem... different. Summers have been warmer, so that may explain why it is more uncomfortable for me to be out in the sun. The only difference to me in terms of what my skin feels like is the temperature. I'm a lot more uncomfortable when it is 95 then when it is 80.

But I am fair skinned and I burn less now than I did when I was a kid. "Brown as a berry' in the summer as the saying goes, but my hair seems to bleach out more quickly, but that could just be some process with age maybe...? I do agree that the sun has perhaps been demonized in terms of cancer risk. It would be something I would have to look into though.
edit on 16-7-2013 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

I doesn't matter what you "believe" to be true. What you must do is prove your assertions. With facts. And there is a wealth of data available online or from other sources.

Once again, I'll state the obvious: Total Solar Irradiation has not varied by more than .02% in the last 2,000 years.
The actual color of the sun has not changed one bit.

If it has, then prove it Or are you saying that there is a world-wide conspiracy among dozens of Universities, 15,000 professional and serious amateur astronomers to conceal the "fact" that the sun has changed?

Utter nonsense.

P.S. Thanks, DoorHandle Reason must prevail.
edit on 16-7-2013 by AstronomyAddict because: Aknowledgement

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Oh, and let me add one more thing.

The "Electric Universe" theory is also utter nonsense. Not one assertion has been proven true, and in fact all the "objections" that EU theory posits about mainstream physics has been proven false.

EU theory says:

-- 99% of the Universe is plasma. Not True At All, and it can be proven over and over again that this is nonsense.

-- Neutrino emissions from the sun are non-existent or insufficient for nuclear fusion. Again, not true. EU theory ignores tau-neutrinos and only counts electron-neutrinos. Bad, bad science.

-- The sun's energy doesn't follow the inverse-square law. (i.e. The corona is hotter than the photosphere). Again, nonsense. Yes, the corona is hotter than the photosphere. But the inverse-square law DOES NOT APPLY to convective and conductive energy in an atmosphere. It ONLY applies to radiation through a vacuum.

-- Convection on the surface of the sun is impossible. Not true either. The EU fanatics argue that convection cannot occur in fluid dynamics at certain values. They say the "Reynolds Number" determines convection. Well folks, it DOESN'T. Convection is controlled by the Rayleigh Number, which means that the convection on the sun is easily explained.

Electric Universe theory has been thoroughly discredited.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AstronomyAddict

Coming from someone who doesn't understand what the fundamental force of the universe is, or someone who believes in black holes, dark matter, or gravity keeping the planets in a nice orbital plane around the sun notwithstanding all that angular momentum...? well I just don't think I'm going to worry too much about what you think.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by AstronomyAddict

So all you've done is just shown that neither side has everything completely figured out. Just like your inability to comprehend the coronal heating problem.

Imagine what could be done with the EU theory if it could get funded like its counterpart.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sealing

Ha, that's a great way to put it. On both of your points actually. Could very well be. That's one of the ways for the planet to protect itself is to release ash into the atmosphere, blocking out the radiation and our going into an ice age.

Woops, sorry, that's probably not what you meant

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumanitiesLastHope

hmm interesting, your not the only one..Perhaps The sun is becoming a White Dwarf? Maybe about to go supernova? Perhaps something else?

www.telescope.org...

www.astro.keele.ac.uk...

answers.yahoo.com...

But then again you can't fully trust Mainstream Info soooo...the possibilities are endless....

Anyways Its good to see, I'm not the only one. I definitely remember when the sun gave off more of a yellow/oraginsh hue nowadays its a really bright white. I have heard similar from others.

I'm glad someone finally brought it up

SnF

Some food for thought...

2Peter 3:10-13 KJV

"But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up."

Revelation 16: 8-9 KJV

"8 And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun; and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire.

9 And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory."

And those in the dark like those who post here trying to give the impression that the sun has always been the same...nothing can be done for them. Even if God himself were to look them in the eye and tell them what's up, they'll just spit in his eye. So it's not doubt that I think they'll not make it in the next Golden age. What'll happen to their souls? Maybe...

poof

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by AstronomyAddict
Oh, and let me add one more thing.

The "Electric Universe" theory is also utter nonsense. Not one assertion has been proven true, and in fact all the "objections" that EU theory posits about mainstream physics has been proven false.

EU theory says:

-- 99% of the Universe is plasma. Not True At All, and it can be proven over and over again that this is nonsense.

-- Neutrino emissions from the sun are non-existent or insufficient for nuclear fusion. Again, not true. EU theory ignores tau-neutrinos and only counts electron-neutrinos. Bad, bad science.

-- The sun's energy doesn't follow the inverse-square law. (i.e. The corona is hotter than the photosphere). Again, nonsense. Yes, the corona is hotter than the photosphere. But the inverse-square law DOES NOT APPLY to convective and conductive energy in an atmosphere. It ONLY applies to radiation through a vacuum.

-- Convection on the surface of the sun is impossible. Not true either. The EU fanatics argue that convection cannot occur in fluid dynamics at certain values. They say the "Reynolds Number" determines convection. Well folks, it DOESN'T. Convection is controlled by the Rayleigh Number, which means that the convection on the sun is easily explained.

Electric Universe theory has been thoroughly discredited.

Interesting.

It seems the basic structure of the universe is the atom and everything in it is made of atoms. In physical terms and properties, the universe is only capable of containing material that is intrinsic to the atom.

Atoms combine to form different elements and materials of a chemical structure. These elements and materials like rock, wood, plasma, air, etc. can be traced back and broken down into its original atoms.

Secondly the atom is electric in nature. Electricity is intrinsic to the atom as is magnetism and current flow (electron movement). It is fact and proven you can't have one without the other. Where there is magnetism there is current flow and electricity.

Now if the sun is nuclear in nature then it would not have a magnetic field. Nuclear fission or fusion does not produce a magnetic field on its own like electricity does. It only produces heat. So how does the sun get it enormous and complex magnetic fields? How is it possible the earth had a huge magnetic field? How is a magnetic field possible without electricity?

What is dark matter? Is it a new chemical compound? Perhaps it is one of many scientific taboos?

I will go one step further. No scientist or theory has ever claimed that gravity is a property of an atom. How is it possible to have gravity if it is not intrinsic to the atom, the building block of the universe? Why has no one ever been able to harness gravity in over 200+ years or trace it back to its original atoms?

When you do the math, electromagnetic force has more effect on bodies than gravity. This is right out of mainstream science. It was mainstream science who insisted that the universe was made of plasma in the early 2oth / late 19th century.

Many insist the universe is expanding and the proof is in the red shift. Yet superb photos show many galaxies much closer than thought. Is the universe really expanding?

What happen to the scientific method of observe, collect data, create a theory, then disprove the theory? My guess is you can't disprove a theory that was not observed or had data collected?

I think science has become formula and spreadsheet happy and many of the theories (which are taught as dogma) are figments of a formulae.

If you build a house out of brick and wood, you get a house of brick and wood. No more no less. And no theory can change that (or formula). It's all in th atoms.

Yet science in its wisdom makes brick and wood mysterious and complicated. Science also has a habit of breaking its own laws for mysterious new theories issuing an excuse instead of a "we were wrong".

Science has lost its way. Even Einstein broke scientific principle. He never observed anything in his theories and he only had the made up math to show for it. Never proven yet dogma.

As far as I can see, science has lost its credibility. And it used to be fun.

BTW: When electricity travels through the air from one electrode to another that air becomes plasma. Even in an old fashion vacuum tube plasma creates path of least resistance. Plasma is everywhere - it's just an ionized gas.

Space is not a vacuum so all that space in the universe, since it is not a solid or liquid must be a gas. And gas can be ionized. Therefore it is logical that 99% of space is plasma. To be illogical is nonsense.

edit on 16-7-2013 by joer4x4 because: add more data

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   

And if I really told you what I though, you'd definitely think I was crazy. Which would then put you back in line with the rest of the world But most people aren't ready even for the little I have explained, so no point in going there.

Well I'm definitely here to learn and listen if you care to share what you think. I don't think your crazy. I didn't know the sun was hotter farther out and cooler on its surface until you introduced me to the electric universe theory. It's nice to learn new things.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkNite

And I haven't gotten into it much but it seems more plausible than the universe being made up mostly of dark matter.. Which we can't see.. Seems like dark matter is just sprinkled wherever needed just to save a theory. Never made much sense to me. So I'm seriously interested in what you meant by 'what you thought'. Lets hear it.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join