It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I sure do miss our once friendly yellow sun of yesteryear

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee
There have been changes to all of the planets and that does point to changes in the sun.

Thanks CharLee.

I know we should be careful how we take anything on the History channel, but my ears perked up once when they were talking about the extinctions periods in the past and one person mentioned how CO2 can expand out back into space with increase radiation from the sun.

I wish I could respond to everyone's comments. But I don't want to seem like I'm hogging my own thread.

I love just listening to others accounts too better anyway.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by CircleOfDust

Thanks for the video.

Go ahead hog it

I think people like to get a response.

i just came across this article think you might enjoy very interesting, could be a thread of it's own if you wanted.
Woops guess the link is not acceptable!
maybe this one is...

www.guardian.co.uk...

I think one thing we can all agree on is that things are changing!
edit on 14-7-2013 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I was born first week of 1970.

Sun was warm, golden yellow, could spend all day in it and tan not a drop. Nor would I need to wear sunglasses or a hat. My mother even used coconut oil to try get a tan.

I'll tell you the very day I first looked at the sun and went 'what the hell?'. That was 1996. I was doing forestry work up on Yorkshire moors. I was outside, just like the year before, shirt off. After three hours I was in pain. Sunburnt to hell.

I took a week off under Drs orders, and then went back to work. I never could work outside shirt off ever again, and since then, when out in the wilds, I have had to add sunglasses, hat, factor 30 + sun cream, everything to the kit. Its creeping upwards each and every year, and the sun is white now, not the warm yellow of old and very, very harsh on the eyes to boot.

Sure some of it is skin ageing, eyes ageing, but at 26 I vividly can recall looking at the sun and going 'that's wrong colour'.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Here's the thing. I think MS science's dates of how long ago things existed and taken place is highly exaggerated, without their realizing. Their radioactive dating and carbon14 dating methods don't take into account that the sun's energy output varies. And when the sun's level spikes it's going to change their decay rates.

What this means is that we're talking hundreds of thousands of years for extinction level events, not millions.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astr0
I was born first week of 1970.

Sun was warm, golden yellow, could spend all day in it and tan not a drop. Nor would I need to wear sunglasses or a hat. My mother even used coconut oil to try get a tan.

I'll tell you the very day I first looked at the sun and went 'what the hell?'. That was 1996. I was doing forestry work up on Yorkshire moors. I was outside, just like the year before, shirt off. After three hours I was in pain. Sunburnt to hell.

I took a week off under Drs orders, and then went back to work. I never could work outside shirt off ever again, and since then, when out in the wilds, I have had to add sunglasses, hat, factor 30 + sun cream, everything to the kit. Its creeping upwards each and every year, and the sun is white now, not the warm yellow of old and very, very harsh on the eyes to boot.

Sure some of it is skin ageing, eyes ageing, but at 26 I vividly can recall looking at the sun and going 'that's wrong colour'.

Well then you got me beat in the noticing dep't year so good job. There's another thing I miss, that smell (not that it's not around, but just that I'm not located near a beach currently) of coconut oil. But I think it's more because I associate that with good-looking ladies? ha IDK

The time I started to notice the difference was when I moved to Denver, but at that time I thought it was just because of the higher elevation, and so didn't think much about getting terribly burnt on my shoulders even though I was regularly applying sunscreen at a water park near Westminster. And of course how easy it is for water to wash off sunscreen.

I never understood the eye aging argument.

And don't know why I'm thinking of this atm with your post, but after watching the new Man of Steel, I'm quite disappointed that they didn't adhere to the original reason of Krypton's destruction: the sun.

And what kind of sun gave him his powers? Ah yes, yellow.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by dick7704
I believe it is us and the planet from the chemicals in everything we eat,drink,and get sprayed on us to the crap we put into the planet to get PRECIOUS resources out. All that is happening is we are letting the PTB cook us for the reptilian taste buds and transforming our planet into theirs. Sheeple have been sensitized so no one believes it

That's an interesting thought that I hadn't considered before. I think though to be brutally honest, they prefer only the taste of veal if you get my drift.

The reason for the chemicals and GMO is to withstand the harsher conditions of the suns radioactivity. They don't really care about long term effects in us anyway.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Originally posted by Cancerwarrior
Just the fact that Melanoma has increased in people eight times in the last 30 years tells me something is different. Its hitting more and more young people that sunbathe and go to tanning beds also.

It is definately more intense and only takes a few minutes to get a sunburn for me. I was only 33 when I was diagnosed with stage 4 melanoma in my lungs and brain. So if anyone has family or friends that like to tan please say something to them about wearing some sunblock.

That's because indoor tanning increases the risk to develop melanoma over 70% more than outdoor tanning in the "harsh Sun". Do you do any research at all?

Yeah but how many folks regularly go to the tanning bed?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
What stays the same?

The Sun is not the same!

The Sun is traveling in space and when it comes into a different type of space it behaves differently. Will it perhaps look different? Yes! Will our atmosphere look different? Yes! It is different.

All things change in time!

I got told something I hadn't considered before on my climate change thread, that friction in the space plasma/energy also causes the heat up we are witnessing.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I don't think the sun has changed. We have. I have been giving this a lot of thought lately actually. According to whistleblower Edward Snowden the governments have been chemtrailing the atmostsphere with some kind of nano particles and I been giving serious thought to as what that could mean for us?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsmethegoat
Has anyone considered that this yellow/gold sun perception to be a slight psychological ordeal? As all kids do, we draw the sun as a giant golden yellow ball in the sky. Could this perhaps be the reasoning behind our beliefs of the sun always appearing yellow/gold? I believe the atmosphere has changed, indeed, over time due to air pollution and such. Every now and then though, you still get a bright glorious blue sky, and a wonderful, colorful, ball we call the sun. I think some of it is memories of our perceptions, and most of it is the changing of atmospheric conditions on any given day. Hazy skies, slight cloud coverage, contrails, chemtrails (if you wish). I do remember looking at the sun as a kid, and getting yelled at because I would go blind, but I can't exactly say I remember it being a golden ball hanging in the sky.

That's not it at all. I saw many days growing up of the sun in a clear blue sky or the sky with some clouds, or other different conditions. As I do now, and having moved around to different places in my life.

The sun on a clear day is a fluorescent light today. Yesteryear? a nice incandescent, good for reading bulb.

And by a wonderful, colorful ball do you mean that blue/white monstrosity in the sky that you can't look at but less than a split second? Maybe if you look at it the first few minutes at sunset or sunrise, but that's it. It's brighter within an hour of sunset/sunrise than it was at midday almost 20 years ago.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by proob4

Chemtrailing is tptb's attempt to reflect the increased radiation back out into space, but as you can see from the climate of earth, it's not working too well, and it'll only get progressively worse.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
When I was a kid I got a lot of sun and exercise. I'm older now. I try not to get too much sun nowadays. I wear a hat that I've lined with tape. I don't like sunscreen.

Everyday the wrinkles come clearer, but I can delay them a bit by using the shade.

Ever noticed how african americans have such smooth youthful skin? It's because they got more sun protection. The side effect is african americans actually need more sunlight. There's kind of an epidemic in america with people who have dark skin being under exposed. The surprising fact is that a white person with a wrinkly face can often be healthier than a smooth faced dark skinned person.

Heaven would be a place where the sun doesn't give you wrinkles and skin cancer. Although I think the skin cancer is more a factor of your overall health than your sun exposure.
edit on 14-7-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

It's a pickle, because places closest to the equator get the most skin cancers, and those further (I don't like the word farther, sorry, my own stupid pet peeve with english) from the equator get more of the cancers that kill you.

That was historically true once. Nowadays I'm not sure what's the best option there. I think we need to limit our exposure, but we still need it to get our Vitamin D which is the most important of all, and to still not use sunscreen if at all possible, because I'm just not convinced of its effectiveness versus its detrimental effects. But I could be wrong on that count, I haven't looked into it enough.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Ever entertained the thought that the chemtrailing is not for blocking the sun out at all? Seriously we are talking an lot of area here. 360 degrees in all directions. It might appear as though TPTB are making an attempt at something like that but what if it is in fact they are spraying US like moskitoes preparing us for a change?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Perhaps when we are young, our bodies and brains are flowing with the right amount of endorphin's and serotonin, long before we are polluted and disoriented.

"Feeling" is obviously relative to the "feeler". Every year I age my perception of the word changes. The sun and earth have not changes so much in 20 years, my perception of all has.

I am 43 BTW...after 40 it truly is all down hill...Unless we combat it obviously

edit on 14-7-2013 by Celticpride4life because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by proob4

I've thought about that, and yeah it could have something to do like that.

I still think though that they "help" the populated areas first, and use the wind in the upper atmosphere to disperse it as much as possible around the globe. But then they have other technologies. Remember that missile they shot in the jet stream to do some studying? Yeah right. This is why some have been thinking they've been taking a break from chemtrailing, because they are using different deployment technologies.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Celticpride4life

That's a great point, and I don't mean to diminish it. I'll just point out that I remember what sand under my feet feels like, and always will. Now when I watch a movie, and I don't understand it as a kid, but then watch it again as an adult, like 2001 a Space Odyssey, I get so much more out of it because I've changed. But the film hasn't changed.

But when something changes, that's when we remember how it used to be.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Well the best deployment would be GMO's right?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by proob4

Good point. Really wish we could've seen Kubrick's AI to see what his take would've been on that, if it went in the direction of nano particles. Not sure if this is the direction you were originally thinking, it just came to mind.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Not sure about Kubrick, but there is the so called technological singularity event followed by transhumanism?
I feel with the advent of 3d printer which in the next few months will start this paradyme expotentually. Mark my wordsbefore you know it we will be able to print new limbs, organs ect. Next thing you know we will be at a class 3 civilization and then we will be like gods influxed into things we only imagine now.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by proob4

Yeah, have you read Michael Chrichton's Prey? Very good.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join