It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I sure do miss our once friendly yellow sun of yesteryear

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I know we get a lot of posts here there and everywhere on the sun, some believing one way and others believing another about how people experience and remember the sun. I think most people who are older enough do remember that friendly yellow sun shining on our backs.

And miss it.

I'm a big nostalgic guy at heart, missing almost everything as soon as it's gone. I miss my Atari, I miss the ways some cereals used to taste, I miss a lot of my friends growing up, I miss my dogs as a kid, I miss having all the time in the world playing in my back yard. Heck, I even miss those stupid rocky n bullwinkle shows in the morning before I went to school. Okay maybe that one IS pushing it.

I did a lot of sky watching when I was a kid, and there's no doubt in my mind that it wasn't coincidence now. I looked at the moon and noticed its look. I looked at the milky way galaxy and remembered being wowed by how many at night. Things you just were in awe of--YOU REMEMBER. I remember. Clearly.

And I remember thinking back to one of my school teacher's reminders about not looking directly at the sun. Why? Because we could of course as others have said too. So during one of those long summers I looked up at the sun at midday for a good 6-7 seconds before I couldn't stand it any longer. Of course I had a good negative disc for a long time and thought "hmm maybe I shouldn't have done that after all." but after a few minutes it went away and went about doing other things I had on my agenda as a kid.

Like perhaps sunbathing as well. We owned a piece of land that was out in the country so it didn't have many neighbors. I had a bad case of teenage acne on my face, plus I had those red splotches on my cheeks because of my hormones or because I was always nervous I'm not sure. So I would use the weekends and especially the summer holidays to try and work on my tan.

And work I certainly DID. Took near forever to get a tan. I thought, how in the heck do I get a tan? Remember, this is when it was very hard to even find sunscreen. Maybe spf was up to 3-5 most then. Mostly it was only tanning oils on the market, to help us tan, because it was so difficult. I even hated turning on my back and then on my two sides to try and get an even tan, because that meant my front/face wouldn't get as much. It took just so darn LONG!

Now I know that some will never be convinced of our accounts, because all they've ever known their short lives is a white blazing harsh and unfriendly sun. Not much I can do about that for them.

I just wanted to reminisce a bit about that time when we had not a care in the world, and the yellow sun was there that we'll never ever forget it. Thanks for reading.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I think the blame is not with the sun, but with our atmosphere. That is why our perception of the sun has changed, imho. I will await Phage to tell you the science, hopefully he will drop by..... Some argue we have changed our atmosphere, I will just say there is a lot of evidence it has changed. To me the sun does feel more harsh. Damaged ozone?

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I know what you say.

The sun was YELLOW when I was a kid, it is white now. Tanning oils, took so long to get a tan. Now you just burn in such a short time.

What is happening??

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I remember reading somewhere that the color of the sun changed from yellow to white years ago.
I think it was around 1970 iirc.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by CircleOfDust

I still enjoy the sun the same way I did when I was a kid, I don't use any kind of creams and oils when under the sun either.

The sun has been demonized due to the sellers and profiteers of sun blocker lotions that started back in the 60s and seventies, during that time people were all sun loving and healthier looking.

I never felt for the scaremogenring.

Yes we have robbed our children of one of the most natural ways to get the benefits of a good sun tanning with scares of cancer and death and now even the government is monitoring the skin color of your white children if they are too tan or red you can be arrested for child endangerment, I remember how sometimes I got a good blistering after a long day in the beach as a child in my island, my mother just spread aloe on us that was enough until the next day.

I feel now at my age that I can not take the sun as I did as a kid, during the long hot humid days of summer, but give me fall and spring and I be in my deck everyday in the mornings getting my vitamin D shot with a cup of coffee.

:lol The sun is not our enemy.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
sunshine used to have a neat sound to it too.
i'm sure i'd recognize it if i heard it again.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Let me reminisce with you.

As a child it was out the door first thing after breakfast. I would run, cycle, mosey aimlessly about, anything to be outdoors. Rarely would I burn, and I am fair complected. I don't think I knew what sunblock was until the 80's, and you are correct tanning oils were the only thing available.The sun did have a yellow hue and I too miss it. I can be out doors under the sun for less than one hour and be burned.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
People look at me like I'm crazy when i tell them of the yellow sun of yesteryear. I had no problems visually when traipsing out of doors then. Now-a-days, when i venture out, I had best have a pair of sunglasses, or at least, be wearing a hat to shade my eyes, or I will be nearly blinded by the reflection off of the sidewalks/cars/buildings within minutes. This can be quite dangerous for me as my main method of travel is by bicycle.

I don't think that the visual changes we notice in light given is fully due to atmospheric particulates like some people postulate. The changes in the sun has been noticed in the rising temperatures and planetary atmospheric changes throughout the solar system. When i think about these changes, I am reminded of a verse in Isaiah 30.

26Moreover the light of the moon shall be as the light of the sun, and the light of the sun shall be sevenfold, as the light of seven days, in the day that the LORD bindeth up the breach of his people, and healeth the stroke of their wound.

Whether or not that particular verse has anything to do with the current changes in our sun, I don't know, but it is interesting, nonetheless.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

So my memory is not that faulty after all, I remember a warm golden yellow sun and a genuine blue (not the bluish grey of today) sky, the green of the plant's was also much more vibrant and it seems like everything is kind of greyish with a white sun that makes your skin itch even before you get a sun burn.

I wonder if it is all the sulphur the Chinese coal power stations are pumping out which is due to the quality of most Chinese coal very sulphur rich.

The younger generation (I was born in the 1970's) do not know what we are on about, a lot of our own generation do not remember as the change has been gradual.
Thanks I feel a little less like I am totally losing my grip on reality through your post.
edit on 13-7-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
S&F for reminding me of a much better time. When everything was easier, and the sun didn't feel like it was boiling your skin every time you walked outside.

I sure do miss those days.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
I remember reading somewhere that the color of the sun changed from yellow to white years ago.
I think it was around 1970 iirc.

Maybe that was depending were you lived but I am in England and only noticed the change (probably due to its gradual nature) in the early 1990's, after some weird red moon's and strange cloud colours about 1993-4-5-ish.
But I swear if was golden yellow and less intense but warmer light in the 1970's, due to our climate much of our summer is cloudy so we notice even less though so it could be back to the mid to late 80's here.
I wonder if this is having an effect on the animals and plants as well.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamschist
I think the blame is not with the sun, but with our atmosphere. That is why our perception of the sun has changed, imho. I will await Phage to tell you the science, hopefully he will drop by..... Some argue we have changed our atmosphere, I will just say there is a lot of evidence it has changed. To me the sun does feel more harsh. Damaged ozone?

It could be both, maybe the sun has effected the atmosphere.
One odd thing we have noticed for a few years now there is a change in the sound of cars coming down the highway. You now hear a different sound and the cars can be heard way far off. Nothing has changed they are using the same paving the temperatures and amount of trees are the same,so the only thing I could think is the atmosphere is somehow different.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I was a child in the 80's. And I agree, the sun was different. It even cast a different light then the one we have now. The one we have now feels empty. I remember Texas, being out in the sun in big fields with my single speed BMX bike with my friends next to our school.

Honestly, I don't think our sun changed. If anything has changed, it's our atmosphere. If you look at pictures of the sun from space, it's nice and yellow. From earth? It's just a white shining object in our daytime skies. So something in between has changed. I'm certain of it. I just wish I knew what and how and why.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I was regularity 'burnt' as a child.

I have also had a mild form of skin cancer quite recently.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

hmm interesting, your not the only one..Perhaps The sun is becoming a White Dwarf? Maybe about to go supernova? Perhaps something else?

www.telescope.org...

www.astro.keele.ac.uk...

answers.yahoo.com...

But then again you can't fully trust Mainstream Info soooo...the possibilities are endless....

Anyways Its good to see, I'm not the only one. I definitely remember when the sun gave off more of a yellow/oraginsh hue nowadays its a really bright white. I have heard similar from others.

I'm glad someone finally brought it up

SnF

Some food for thought...

2Peter 3:10-13 KJV

"But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up."

Revelation 16: 8-9 KJV

"8 And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun; and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire.

9 And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory."

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Our sun actually is white and has been all along. Our sun hasn't changed one bit in human history nor, as far as we can tell, since it's birth. Our atmosphere is what affects the color we see the sun as.

Being as I'm not an idiot, I never really look at the sun, just let my eyes pass over it every now and then. Sometimes it seems white, sometimes yellow. If the sun is looking different than people remember on a regular basis I would think that would tell people that the atmosphere is different from that of their childhood, not jump into woo woo notions that the sun could actually change that dramatically and leave Earth intact.

Wow.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

One odd thing we have noticed for a few years now there is a change in the sound of cars coming down the highway. You now hear a different sound and the cars can be heard way far off. Nothing has changed they are using the same paving the temperatures and amount of trees are the same,so the only thing I could think is the atmosphere is somehow different.

Doubtful that it is both. Not sure about the sound thing. Might have to do with trees etc, things between you and the highway that are no longer there. The sun has no effect on sound.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
In 50 years I've never seen the sun yellow except in crayon drawings. It's white and always has been...to me.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Doubtful that it is both. Not sure about the sound thing. Might have to do with trees etc, things between you and the highway that are no longer there. The sun has no effect on sound.

Well as my post stated the trees are the same. I believe changes in the atmosphere have changed the sound, we have ruled out pretty much everything else unless all tires are now made of a new material.

Sound progresses on Earth at a speed that is determined by the pressure and density of the air, and also the gas constant of that air. D

courses.physics.illinois.edu...

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Or the tire material has changed the last few years to make them last longer, and to make the remains better for the environment.

www.genencor.com...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join