It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Father of Paranormal Media Coming out of Retirement? Art Bell Teases Fans With Cryptic Messag

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
lol... okay, that was pretty entertaining.

I wonder if it was legit at all.... Insanely stupid, if so.

I suppose it could have been a guy with a decent sound effects library.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by iwilliam

That's why I called it classic theater.
There are other examples.
J.C vs Art are classics, and even a couple where the caller gets "mysteriously" cut off mid sentence while divulging "secrets".
Even had the station go off air at least once. A true classic.
Judicious use of the cutoff for dramatic effect?

Who knows, but he was the master of keeping you guessing, "is it real?".

Remember the space ship following the comet that was the genesis of the Heaven's Gate cult?
Yup.
Art Bell reported the story first.

Some stories came out as fact later on, some as fake, some we are still guessing.

The original founder of the genre (successful founder) is still the best and set the bar for all to attempt to attain.

Sit back and let the story tell itself, help it along when necessary, and coax all you can manage out of the guest.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I sure would like Art back in the public forum....

see back in Y2K... a manilla envelope was sent to his Pahrump Nevada homes site/broadcast site...

the rather involved information sent him actually described the future 911 attacks on the WTC/Pentagon/DC
by Arab zealots... the lengthly document also revealed that the Catholic Church Clergy & Priests (fully 20% of them) would be involved in Sex Scandals

the file folder of info asked Art just Why.... were none of the other lauded & praised 'seers'
'psychics' not able to tell him straight up that the Church Sex Scandals and a future 'Pearl-Harbor' attack with a 7 day delayed Anthrax-via-mail attack is destined to happen...

i have insider info on the code name given to Art Bell in that communication of Y2K...a code name and spelling that would prove that i am one of the people that was privy to the info sent him back 13 years ago....
i would like for him to come-clean about being pre-informed of 911 & Anthrax attacks and the RCC clergy/priesthood sex scandals that still are not resolved yet

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Okay, for some reason this topic caught my interest today, and I encountered a great answer to my previous question: Why people hate Noory as compared to Art Bell. Namely this post, which I found on another forum (which is the best, most detailed answer I've seen so far):

George is absolutely the worst interviewer on radio or TV. Art was among the best.

George is boring and can make even fascinating topics dull, Art always drew out the best from each guest or caller.

Art carried on a conversation. George has a list of random questions he asks.

Art cared, George doesn't give a hoot.

Art spent time preparing for the show - it took all his time. George sounds like he walks in cold, completely unprepared (unless it's about him, or one of a handful of his pet interests).

Art would challenge a guest if he was being absurd. George seems to agree with everything (he's actually not prepared or able to defend a position and ask probing off the cuff questions)

George asks the same questions every time a guest shows up, as if he's never been on the show before. He asks most of the guests mostly the same questions.

George barely listens - he'll ask questions the guest just finished answering, asks the same question 2 or 3 times during a show, he'll let the guest tell a story or talk about a topic for several minutes, then just before the guest is about to give the punch line or make his point - just before that - George will interrupt and either say something stupid and throw the guest off balance or go to a commercial.

The guest can make an absolutely astonishing comment and George never follows up - he just reads off the next question on his list.

George has a creepy fetish about dead or injured kids and animals - his news segment has as many of these as they can find. He's either creepy or condescending to the women callers and guests.

He isn't much interested in the world around him, there is an amazing amount of things he is just completely unaware of. He doesn't bother to learn much of the material, or even how to pronounce words. He's downright lazy and doesn't care who knows it. His ego is immense.

That should be enough to get you started. A lot of this isn't apparent unless a person is actively listening, and a lot of it won't be obvious until you hear it over and over show after show and start to notice.

Source

And it's funny, because while I haven't listened a lot, I can recall a couple of those things happening. Namely him seeming to repeat a question that had just been answered, or going to a call when a response should have required a follow up. That is pretty terrible.

Overly-rigid people get to me....

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by gotrox

Would love for Art to come back...............

Classic Art Bell.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Any other "news" we should hear about? I'm all for defensive COMSEC so if no I got it, just asking.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
As a regular listener to C2C (I start work at 4am), I have to say that I would love for Art to return to the show on a permanent basis. C2C has a few decent shows every once in a while, but far more often, I find myself turning it off out of a lack of interest.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
George N. puts me to sleep before the first break. I can stay up for the other hosts most of the time.

George N. has the uncanny ability to turn a fascinating guest and what should be a very interesting program into a waste of time. His guests must be desperate to sell something.
edit on 13-7-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Nice, last time I listened to Art Bell and C2C was as archived broadcasts waaaaay back in 99-01 or so (which was the time i first discovered the show). Spent a good few weeks slowly going through em all while listening to which ever live ones I could be at home for when they were being streamed live at the time (As an international listener it was often hard to do so since it would land around the time I had to go to work most days). Heck I remember the whole time traveler, and him having to quite the show because of some personal warning for a time thing he did (and yeah i fell for it
back then, although it didnt make me think any less of the guy or show).

Pretty much stopped when Art left, the guys got charisma and quite the ability to make you stick around and listen... think ive listened to a total of 40 minutes of Noory(?) in the intervening decade and every time I just go 'Meh, Why you leave Art, WHY!' and give up listening after 5 minutes.

If he ever came back to C2C id probably start to listen to the show once more (especially since live streaming is so much easier, faster and better quality these days compared to back then on dial-up and Realplayer)...

Sure hope this is true.
edit on 13-7-2013 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I miss how Art usually talked about the topic and would lead the guest on or open up calls. If a topic was interesting, he tended to go deeper into it. If a guest was saying something ridiculous or otherwise making a fool of themselves, Art would let them dig the hole deeper. (And perhaps push buttons a little, depending on who he was dealing with.) There was a kind of humor to the show, which was quirky as the typically offbeat topics themselves.

It seems now like C2C is a paid advert for random book of the day, with limited and scripted feeling questions. Kind of "meh" most of the time. When it went from being mostly about topics to every guest pitching something, that's when I started tuning out. If I wanted to hear somebody pitch something, I'd go listen to Vince with the Sham-wow or (RIP) BILLY MAYS. At least they were more entertaining.

It might be neat to see Art come back in some way or other. Even if he doesn't go on a radio show, something like having a program streamed through an publicly listed Icecast server might be cool. Not to mention with the internet method, there would be more creative freedom in regards to how the show is run.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I hope Art Bell returns in some form and his website will not be only about HAM radio

I can't listen to George Noory anymore. I love C2C shows with George Knapp - he's the one who should have taken over the show instead of Noory. Knapp is not Art Bell but he listens to the guests and asks relevant questions. Noory could be replaced by a computer script that randomly chooses questions and uses some voice synthesizer to speak.
edit on 14/7/2013 by relu84 because: added more than one line of text

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Please Art return & save us from these corporate fascist

edit on 14-7-2013 by Ostracized because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by gotrox

Originally posted by HomerinNC
Already been posted
www.abovetopsecret.com...

From Feb 2013.
This is July.

Doesnt matter, search is a BEAUTIFUL thing, IF you use it..

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT
Yeah, Noory and Knapp, yawn. Not that I've ever been a regular listener in any of C2C's various incarnations, but Art Bell was a heckuva lot more fun to listen to.

I have a question for those that are more informed in this area and I hope it's not off-topic, but I've heard rumors that Robert Bigelow of space technology and NIDS fame funded Art and C2C in it's infancy. Does anyone know if that is true/documentable?

Bigelow certainly has a longtime relationship with George Knapp.

edit on 13-7-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)
Yes, Art Bell had a 'paranormal' show on one radio station ( KDWN) in Las Vegas, Nevada, starting in 1989. It was called 'Area 2000', was sponsored by Robert Bigelow, and so had no advertising. I remember finding it, and listening to it many times, in those days. Bigelow eventually withdrew his sponsorship, and by 1993 Bell began to syndicate his commercially sponsored Coast to Coast AM program to various stations.
I don't believe that Art Bell is contemplating a return to broadcasting. His statement in the linked Wikipedia article seems to make this clear enough (see section 12, events of 2010--2013). He does seem to be contemplating launching a new website-- artbell.com. At the moment this only contains the Morse code inscription and audio, which asks: 'Wanna take a ride'? This is a slogan of his from his radio days, which I believe he borrowed from the movie Contact. en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 14-7-2013 by Ross 54 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-7-2013 by Ross 54 because: information added

edit on 14-7-2013 by Ross 54 because: added information

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by gotrox

Already been posted
www.abovetopsecret.com...

From Feb 2013.
This is July.

Doesnt matter, search is a BEAUTIFUL thing, IF you use it..

Actually, not always. I've had some pretty terrible results with the search function on this site. And I'm normally quite adept at google. In fact, just last week or so I did an ATS on-site search for a particular topic and came up with one thread. Knowing that didn't seem right I turned to google, and using the exact same search terms I came up with at least 3, all of which were more relevant than the 1 result ATS showed me.

Not saying that would have happened with this one-- just pointing out that it seems pretty flawed to me. And when you have to deal with a flawed system enough, eventually you don't trust it and don't even bother trying. Again, not saying that's what happened here.... I'm just saying...

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ross 54
...Yes, Art Bell had a 'paranormal' show on one radio station ( KDWN) in Las Vegas, Nevada, starting in 1989. It was called 'Area 2000', was sponsored by Robert Bigelow, and so had no advertising. I remember finding it, and listening to it many times, in those days. Bigelow eventually withdrew his sponsorship, and by 1993 Bell began to syndicate his commercially sponsored Coast to Coast AM program to various stations.

Thank you, Ross, for answering that question. I had recently heard it and found it interesting, so I appreciate the confirmation and good info besides.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I never understood why the song 'Dancing Queen' was a favorite bumper music choice. Dancing Queen?!! I mean, it is a cute song, it has a good beat and you can dance to it, as they always said on American Bandstand. I'd rather hear a song about Dairy Queen. If there was one. Though too many dairy queens make for a sluggish dancing queen. But still.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Oh please let him come back in some form. Last time he put a cryptic message ("Mysterious and Reassuring") he did indeed come back to the airwaves.

He's surely got something brewing! I'm giddy like a schoolgirl!!

Now his website just says this:

wannatakearide

And for the Dancing Queen bumper music Art likes ABBA and Dancing Queen is a classic!

edit on 7/16/13 by Beldy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join