It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Father of Paranormal Media Coming out of Retirement? Art Bell Teases Fans With Cryptic Messag

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Is the Father of Paranormal Media Coming out of Retirement? Art Bell Teases Fans With Cryptic Message

whofort edblog.com

Is Art Bell, the undisputed king of paranormal radio broadcasting, returning to the airwaves? Oh dear god, I hope so.
just last year Bell took his Facebook page to declare his distaste with the current state of C2C.

“I wish my name was no longer associated with what Coast has become!” he exclaimed.

A bit harsh, maybe, but like I said, it’s a much different show now. So where does that leave fans of the good old days of Harlot the Witch and Single Seven?

Well, if the cryptic update just posted to Art’s website means what I hope it does, those of us craving classic paranormal p
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 7/13/2013 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Well, it has happened (and not happened) before based upon rampant rumors and cryptic statements made by Mr. Bell himself.

Time will tell (again) and would be a great thing in any fashion for fans of the original offbeat topics and absolute pure trash and gold of "real" open lines.

George has re-formed C2C into a more "mainstream" radio show, and dumbed it down for the masses--IMHO of course---and done away with true open lines. His "noory-isms" like asking questions just answered by the guest and mis using and mis pronouncing words has me just listening to my recorded podcasts, which I can skip, and only now really listen to whole shows from the weekend. JB Wells and George Knapp.

whofort edblog.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 7/13/2013 by gotrox because: Spelling.

edit on 7/13/2013 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit--Use exact headline for BAN submissions.

edit on 7/13/2013 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Ive always hoped that Art would be sensible enough to at least try filling in the pretty much crappy junk they spew on AM radio after Dust Lintball does his show.
Crap like hannity and so on.
It would rock.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Good god I hope so. I'm so tired of that love and light BS.

I only listen to the other hosts.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
C2C has been exceedingly worse for years now. The only time I listen anymore is for "Ghost to Ghost' on Halloween, (which is getting just as bad) and for the New Year's predictions which are always amusing.

There might be more entertaining things if there wasn't a commercial every 15 seconds. "look, I get it, but I'm not buying your damn flashlight/radio" lol

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I cancelled my C2C "Insider" subscription cuz I just can't take Snory. He's literally -torture- . Now I just informed DHS what to use on me at Guantanimo if I am ever detained. Snory.
Art, don't be a stick-in-the-mud old fart. We need you back.
edit on 13-7-2013 by misschareesee because: this feature -misspells- not me.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
and be sure to check out his website.

artbell.com...

Someone said it's morse code for "wanna take a ride?"

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
LEGENDARY CoastToCoast/Art Bell!

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Eshel

I also went and translated it, that's what I got. Wanna take a ride? Interesting.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I kept listening because of Ian Punnet..
I now only tune in when I see George Knapp is hosting.
Occasionally if a guest I like is on, I'll start listening but I get too frustrated with the inane style of Noory, just as a guest mentions something interesting that he should follow up on, he asks the next question on random list of questions which makes me even wonder if he listens to his guests when the speak.

As for John Wells.. a rambling monolog about his political views and his incredible sense of self importance ensures that even if he were hosting a panel with Jesus, a grey alien and Elvis, I wouldn't tune in. Nah, I switched over the Red Ice Creations for some interesting stuff.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Yeah, Noory and Knapp, yawn. Not that I've ever been a regular listener in any of C2C's various incarnations, but Art Bell was a heckuva lot more fun to listen to.

I have a question for those that are more informed in this area and I hope it's not off-topic, but I've heard rumors that Robert Bigelow of space technology and NIDS fame funded Art and C2C in it's infancy. Does anyone know if that is true/documentable?

Bigelow certainly has a longtime relationship with George Knapp.

edit on 13-7-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by metamagic
I kept listening because of Ian Punnet..
I now only tune in when I see George Knapp is hosting.
Occasionally if a guest I like is on, I'll start listening but I get too frustrated with the inane style of Noory, just as a guest mentions something interesting that he should follow up on, he asks the next question on random list of questions which makes me even wonder if he listens to his guests when the speak.

As for John Wells.. a rambling monolog about his political views and his incredible sense of self importance ensures that even if he were hosting a panel with Jesus, a grey alien and Elvis, I wouldn't tune in. Nah, I switched over the Red Ice Creations for some interesting stuff.

Kinda like JB.
Can do a stream of consciousness ramble and take "naked lines" without getting lost.
George Noory is probably a great newscaster---as long as everything is written down---but the same questions for every guest, and not paying attention to what they say, as well as getting totally lost if some glitch occurs has me skipping most shows.

HOW ABOUT IT ART ????

We know you peruse the forum on occasion, and you used to post hints at "the (now defunct) other place".

How about a tasty tidbit for all us old KDWN listeners, tweaking the dial in the middle of the night trying to keep the signal just a few minutes longer?

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jerseymilker
reply to post by Eshel

I also went and translated it, that's what I got. Wanna take a ride? Interesting.

I need to double check my decoder. For me it read "Be sure to drink your Ovaltine."

Sadly, I never got into C2C in its golden days. I heard about it from my father, and my cousin, both of whom had caught it at some point, and knew it would be right up my alley. But for some reason I wasn't able to find it where they told me to look.
And this was back before I had regular internet access....

Anyway, I've heard a number of times that Noory sucks by comparison. But why? I'd be curious to hear from some fans. I know OP made a few points. I wonder if there's anything else...?

Originally posted by misschareesee
I cancelled my C2C "Insider" subscription cuz I just can't take Snory. He's literally -torture- . Now I just informed DHS what to use on me at Guantanimo if I am ever detained. Snory.

Yeah. "Torture."

Just so the guntanamo guys know, I'd really hate to have an endless supply of comedy movies, pizza, a new woman every day, and maybe some medical *********. I'd hate it. Please don't ever do that to me if you lock me up.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eshel

artbell.com...

Something about this jolted a thought in my head (a rare thing, granted) ... what if Icke decides to give Art a voice on "The People's Voice"?

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eshel

artbell.com...

Coincidence...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by iwilliam

Originally posted by Jerseymilker
reply to post by Eshel

I need to double check my decoder. For me it read "Be sure to drink your Ovaltine."

Sadly, I never got into C2C in its golden days. I heard about it from my father, and my cousin, both of whom had caught it at some point, and knew it would be right up my alley. But for some reason I wasn't able to find it where they told me to look.
And this was back before I had regular internet access....

Anyway, I've heard a number of times that Noory sucks by comparison. But why? I'd be curious to hear from some fans. I know OP made a few points. I wonder if there's anything else...?

Originally posted by misschareesee

Yeah. "Torture."

Just so the guntanamo guys know, I'd really hate to have an endless supply of comedy movies, pizza, a new woman every day, and maybe some medical *********. I'd hate it. Please don't ever do that to me if you lock me up.

Listen to the link above a couple posts.
Classic radio theater.
Whether real or fake, it's how Art always treated people----benefit of the doubt unless totally incredible and unbelievable. And even then, some went a bit far out.

Take "Mel's Hole" for example.
Lots of old AB on the net, if you are interested on how it should really be done.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Already been posted

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
Already been posted

From Feb 2013.
This is July.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by misschareesee

If he was actually "shot" attempting to fly over "Area 51" I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have been able to still talk with Art Bell.

Also, if this is true, this guy has more than a couple screws loose.

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by gotrox
Listen to the link above a couple posts.
Classic radio theater.
Whether real or fake, it's how Art always treated people----benefit of the doubt unless totally incredible and unbelievable. And even then, some went a bit far out.

Take "Mel's Hole" for example.
Lots of old AB on the net, if you are interested on how it should really be done.

I'll check it out. But I have to say, I think a little healthy (respectful) skepticism is good. It keeps people honest. I just listened to one of the links from the article you posted in the OP, and it was kind of bad. That alleged witch seemed like she was trolling really bad.

I'll check out the one above. If you can think of any other good ones that you liked, I'd be interested in checking them out....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join