It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Zimmerman Effect

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I would be more wary of the cop.

I am more concerned that cases such as these are not just accepted on the word of the survivor, that a very thorough investigation be performed to ensure that justice is served to the best of the ability of our justice system.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Pixiefyre

But is your own personal gut instinct guilty or not guilty?

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

I can't say, I really can't.

But I would not want parents who have lost their child to be given any impression that in the eyes of our justice system he is simply disposable, or anyone else fo that matter.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Thug. That one seems obvious to me.
Guilty. He started it and he certainly finished it.
Good luck with your theory👍

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Thug

Guilty

Australia

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I wouldn't fear either, unless there were obvious actions and behaviour that would tell me otherwise.

Guilty.

UK.

edit on 13-7-2013 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

I am asking everyone to simply reply with two things: One is the honest, soul-searched answer to a hypothetical question: If given a choice between a uniformed police officer and someone who is young, disheveled, and apparently street-wise, which would you be most wary of approaching?

The young, disheveled, and apparently street-wise someone. Why would I be afraid of approaching a police officer? They're sort of a known quantity--vetted, trained to a standard, under oversight, and ethically bound to behave in a certain way. Every encounter I've had with them has been reasonable. I've never been threatened by a police officer. I can't say that about disheveled, street-wise strangers. Rationally, I would expect encounters with police officers to continue being reasonable, and encounters with street-wise strangers to be, at best, unpredictable.

The other thing is a simple guilty or not guilty, not on what you think will happen, but what you want to see happen deep down inside. No talk about why, no analysis of the situation, no what-ifs, no basing on what you heard... which would you rather see?

I want to see a just and legally correct verdict. Not guilty.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Cops i grew up around "thugs" and never been harmed by one cops is a different story.
I think Zimmerman is guilty although i dont think he is a racist.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I have been around LEO's for about 20 yrs. now, and although I'm sure there are some bad apples around, most are good and decent civil servants. They go through a battery of psych tests just to get hired, so most are normal everyday hardworking and caring community-minded individuals that just want to do their job efficiently and fairly. They see the dregs of humanity everyday, yet most are still able to maintain their calm (usually).

I would be more leary of the thug-looking individual, although I would not jump immediately to a judgmental conclusion. In this case, however, Trayvon fit the description whether politically correct to say so or not, and George Z had an obligation as watchman to watch him.

I think George Z is justified by law, although it makes me feel sad that he didn't have the muscle to get away from the younger and bigger man. I think he wanted to, but he wasn't as strong or as mean. He seems to be a calm rather soft-spoken person that just wanted to help his neighborhood find the burglars and Trayvon seemed to think he could cold-cock him easily.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Thug

Guilty

Canadian

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

I would be most wary of the cop and feel more comfortable approaching the thug.

I also think that Zimmerman should be found not guilty based on the evidence presented.

Probably not the answers you expected, but I am being absolutely honest here. Having been much around those who would be considered "thugs" for most of my life and having a few bad police experiences I would take my chances with a thug before a cop, but based on the evidence presented at the trial I would say that Zimmerman has not been proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt and thus should be found not guilty.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Neither.

Guilty.
edit on 7/13/2013 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Outside of US. Wary of the cop, I find Zimmerman justified in self defence.

*By a very slim margin however, the "creepy ass cracker" comments sealed it for me. They both went in with prejudice. If it had been Zimmerman that was killed, I might have even supported Martin in self defence. I am pretty sure both parties may have been in the same position during the encounter.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I will say cop.
Not just because they can kill me, but they can take my freedom as well.

And guilty of manslaughter, with maximum penalty.

As a side note if you live in a city or rural area, and find yourself surrounded by either "thugs" ( I hate that word) or cops, you should be fully aware of where you are, and would normally know if this is a high crime area or not.

Believe it or not, not to many criminal types go outside their "zone" looking for trouble except in some extreme cases. Seeing a "thug" type person at Walmart doesnt really count.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I would say the cop is a greater threat, trained, armed, body armor,and it has been well established that cops have a criminal mentality. There are good cops and there are bad cops, and I really don't see thugs as often as I see cops, and I live in a large suburban area and have walked those streets.

Not guilty.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Not by much but I would trust a Police officer over a Thug like Trayvon.

Not Guilty!!!!! I hope he walks out and gives the finger to the ignorant people who scream bloody hell every time a black person is killed by another race while other races do not riot if a black person kills another person of a different race be it White, Mexican, Spanish or Chinese.

Obama and his corrupt media are responsible for most of the riots if there are any, since they lynched Zimmerman before the trial. I wonder what Obama will say if there are big riots, i bet he doesn't say jack. I also think the corrupt judge needs to be fired.

I wonder if Zimmerman can file a suit against Obama for defamation of character when Zimmerman hopefully is found not guilty?

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
NOT GUILTY!!!!!! Party for George tonight!! The poor guy has been drug through the mud, locked up and threatened.

Most of Florida is very happy this guy walks free tonight.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Seems the jury didn't buy the BS of the prosecution.

It was a political witch hunt to begin with.

Good call on the Jury.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join