It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Zimmerman Effect

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I'd be wary of the young disheveled youth.

and I think Zimmerman is guilty.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

I need one or the other, even if it's close... more worried about the cop or the thug?

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Cop

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
If given a choice between a uniformed police officer and someone who is young, disheveled, and apparently street-wise, which would you be most wary of approaching?

More wary of the thug than a uniformed cop. (at this time ... that could change as the gov't changes)

The other thing is a simple guilty or not guilty,

I switched toward the end of the trial from guilty of manslaughter to not guilty.

if you live outside the US, please indicate so.

In the USA ... in a city ... with a lot of home break-ins in the area.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I would be most wary of the kid, and turn to the police officer before a stranger, for help.

As to the case - Zimmerman - I feel that he is guilty of killing this kid, unnecessarily. He does not deserve to walk free, thinking he can go gun ho on the next 'hoodlum' he perceives. However, a life sentence or death penalty I do not believe, is warranted in this case.

All in my own opinion of course.

Cirque

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Where I live? I'd be more wary of the thug, I know a number of the officers here.

Zimmerman? Based on evidence, he looks innocent.

I think another poster raises a good point though. Male vs. Female. The judge (who has been pretty heavily criticized) and all of the jury, are Gyno-Americans.
edit on 13-7-2013 by charles1952 because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
**Reminder**

The OP is not about the Zimmerman trial, it is about the two questions posted within it. Please refrain from discussing the actual trial outside of what has been requested.

~Tenth

ATS Mod

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
The thug, though I do not particularly trust cops either.

Legally not guilty (there is reasonable doubt, and prosecution failed to make their case).

I am male, and every female I know says "guilty."
edit on 13-7-2013 by Serdgiam because: dyslexia.. you win this time...

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Guilty - but who I would fear is totally situational.

In the sticks or other circumstances I might fear the LEO more. In an urban area or other circumstances I might fear the thug more. Other situations, maybe I would fear neither or both equally. The point being, I would assess my fear or concern based on the immediate circumstance.

If you absolutely make me choose, I suppose I would reluctantly say thug. But I would hate myself for being so perfectly conditioned to societal pressures and stereotyping as well as naive to the more real and prevalent danger of the Police State to my daily life.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Thug

Not guilty.

Prosecution provided no evidence to the contrary.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Uniformed police officer.

I can't protect my family against police. They are always justified to murder and do so.

That thug though, is fair game.

Guilty
edit on 13-7-2013 by PLASIFISK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I've never felt in any way threatened by uniform; have no mean-daddy-issues.

As for guilty/non-guilty: How the hell should I know? I wasnt there and dont know what the exchange between them was prior to the confrontation.

You say you have yet to see someone who says "I don't know", but there are plenty of us who just don't know.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

I would be most wary of the cop, and I say guilty.

I would be more wary of the thug and I say guilty.

I guess I don't fit your theory. (There's a big surprise.) But I do think that generally, you're right about the fear of authority and fear of criminal element and the "Zimmerman effect".
Someone recently U2U'd me, saying that he was surprised at my opinion on Zimmerman, perhaps thinking that I fit into the other camp... Interesting.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Gut instinct then? That's really what I am going after anyway.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

No theory based on individual opinion is going to be 100%, so don't worry about that. I do find it interesting that someone else had at least subconsciously made the same connection.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Gut instinct then? That's really what I am going after anyway.

My gut instinct tells me that two a-holes collided. I`d say that Zimmerman is guilty but Martin is by no means the poor little innocent youngster.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

I am asking everyone to simply reply with two things: One is the honest, soul-searched answer to a hypothetical question: If given a choice between a uniformed police officer and someone who is young, disheveled, and apparently street-wise, which would you be most wary of approaching? This does not need deep thought, situational ethics, disclaimers, etc. I am looking for the subconscious, knee-jerk reaction you would have to those two individuals. Cop or thug? Which do you fear the most?

I have no problem approaching a cop in any situation.

I doubt I have the same definition of a "thug" as most people do. And it depends on what area said "thug" is in, how many "thugs" there are in the group, time of day, and what I need to approach them for. But this applies to just about anyone...not just "thugs".

The other thing is a simple guilty or not guilty, not on what you think will happen, but what you want to see happen deep down inside. No talk about why, no analysis of the situation, no what-ifs, no basing on what you heard... which would you rather see?

Guilty without a doubt.

edit on 13-7-2013 by firemonkey because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join