It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New studies: ‘Conspiracy theorists’ sane; government dupes crazy, hostile

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

spooky24

Going back in the past to showcase 'lies' that the government has committed means absolute zero in the present tense and is not evidence of wrong doing. Period!

I guess then, spooky, that would also have to apply to the video showing JFK getting the top of his head blown off.. from the front..?

Just who's side are you on, anyway? ??

"History" isn't really like people like Philip D. Zelikow of 9/11 Commission fame, would have you believe, as merely a collectively held POV about the past "believed or thought to be true, but not necessarily true" where as they say the "victor" writes the "history".

No, the akashic record does not lie. Everything that has ever happened and will ever happen is known with the utmost precision and at the deepest, the most profound and the most fundamental, level. We cannot even hide our true motives and modus operandi, not even from ourselves, let alone our fellow man/woman. Even who and what we really are comes through and makes itself known in the most subtle manner; there's no hiding, not even in a place like this where we think we hide behind anonymous user names and avatars.

"There is nothing now hidden which will not be made known and brought to light."
~ Jesus Christ

edit on 10-12-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

Yep the tipping point has been reached and the people are listening to the Conspiracy Theorists :-

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Pinkorchid

no - these are not people listening to conspiracy theorists - the police are not suddenly "siding with the protestors" or anything of the sort - they are allowing peaceful protest while also defending the government, which is not about to cave in.

Anti-government protesters entered the grounds of the Thai prime minister’s office and Bangkok’s police headquarters without facing resistance from the police, easing tensions after more than two days of street clashes.

The police removed barriers protecting the compounds and told demonstrators they were free to “hold a symbolic rally,” spokesman Piya Uthayo told reporters in Bangkok. “There has been no confrontation today,” he said.

Riot police fired tear gas and used water cannons to repel demonstrators seeking to storm Government House yesterday. The change in tactics may lead to a pause in the group’s push to unseat Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra and dismantle the political network of her brother, Thaksin Shinawatra, as Thais prepare to celebrate the birthday of King Bhumibol Adulyadej.

“The protest leaders now realize that Yingluck is not going to suddenly cave in to their demand to resign today,” said Paul Chambers, director of research at the Institute of Southeast Asian Affairs at Chiang Mai University. “So they had to give their followers a success.”

Yet another example of you not knowing what you are posting!!

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Are you stalking me now , through my posts ?....... a backhand compliment ....thanks.
edit on 10-12-2013 by Pinkorchid because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Pinkorchid

You may choose to flatter yourself in that manner - but I contributed to this thread some time ago - therefore it is you who is stalking me if there is any stalking going on.

And of course any new posts in this thread come up on my subscribed threads list whenever something is added.

I am happy to deny ignorance no matter who posts it or where.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Just who's side are you on, anyway? ??

I know absolutely nothing about theosophy and anthropomorphous thinking. I am not a 'big picture' type of person. I am also in the dark about history repeating itself or what the wise old man on the mountain says is the meaning of life.

In debate there is a term known as 'watering down your opponent' in which you flood the debater with massive facts from which he/she knows nothing whatsoever. This tactic disrupts the debaters thought process and can lead to errors or simply removing momentum.

I just don't know how your post related to the topic and I am not on anyone's side.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   

FortAnthem

The events transpiring today proves now, more than ever, that anyone who believes what the government tells them has really poor judgement.

If there's one thing that's as certain as death and taxes, its that the government will lie to you at every opportunity. Those who believe in those lies and base their lives around them really need to wake up and smell the reality.

What I get from the OP is that not only are there more people who believe government is guilty of lying and of other nefarious deeds, it also tells me that these more and more people are accepting it as the norm because no-one is shouting loud enough in protest, and so nothing changes.

There is only one reason for lies, and that's to consciously conceal what is to others, unacceptable intentions and behaviour. Lies are never told to hide good deeds, only bad/evil. Government lies for the same reason as anyone else - it is guilty of something bad.

I'm hoping there's some kind of covert 'fifth column' type movement, where ordinary people work together secretly to prepare and orchestrate a revolution or something. Maybe gov suspects this too and one of the reasons why it needs to spy on ordinary people, who knows?

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   

There is only one reason for lies, and that's to consciously conceal what is to others, unacceptable intentions and behaviour. Lies are never told to hide good deeds, only bad/evil. Government lies for the same reason as anyone else - it is guilty of something bad.
reply to post by doobydoll

That is silly. I have shown numerous instances in which our history books are deliberate falsifications by the government that has nothing to do with lies or covering up guilt.

We know Hollywood feels they have the right to stretch or conceal the truth however this is rarely done to cover up a crime-or again guilt.

An attitude that a blanket of lies, distortions and falsehoods cover the spectrum of the entire government is simply paranoia or dissatisfaction with current finical and or social issues just shows a need to blame someone or something for those deficiencies.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by spooky24

We are not talking about the whole government, but a shadow government. Then again, the 9/11 event, and cover-up, appears to have been an actual national policy authorized and approved and fostered by the highest level of THE government.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join