It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

police discover chicken feet for sale 46 years past sell-by date

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I had to laugh when I saw this. I kept thinking about survivalists keeping their food. OK, the story is from China but my mind keeps thinking about all of the food we buy from China now. I have quit eating seafood from the Far East because some of the fish and shrimp is grown in sewage tanks.

Here we have food smuggling at it's best..... there were 20 tons of "46 year-old out-of date" chicken feet! Really chicken feet? I am still shaking my head. Who would keep something in frozen storage for that long? Is this really true?

www.telegraph.co.uk...

During a raid conducted in May but only reported this week, police in the southwestern province of Guangxi said they smashed an underground network that had been swamping the Chinese food market with substandard chicken feet, tripe and throat.

Among their stomach-churning discoveries were chicken feet that date back to 1967, a time when China was still ruled by Chairman Mao and the Tiananmen Square massacre was still twenty-two years away.

Li Jianmin, a local security chief, told the state news agency Xinhua that after smuggling the decades-old feet into China the expired meat was treated with chemicals, including hydrogen peroxide, "to kill bacteria, prolong the expiry date" and make the feet "look white and big".

edit on 13-7-2013 by fnpmitchreturns because: legs to feet LOL

edit on 13-7-2013 by fnpmitchreturns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Half a century old chicken feet ! My favorite !
Chicken feet are like wine. The longer you age them, the better they are.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Ain't no treat, like a chicken feet!

Wait, that's not it.. oO

So many questions... what the hell are they doing with 46 year old chook legs? I mean surely there is not a demand for them? Chickens.. they're chickens... like, they're as many in number as eggs. Well, sort of. But they're chickens.. you're not climbing up the jade mountain to battle the cranky old smog demon in order to snatch his magical chickens... they're chickens from the mortal realm.. I .. it's.. must be some good chook foot.

How the heck do you keep an illicit chook foot fridge running for 46 years and not have someone new come along and go "Umm, not sure but I think you have a load of chicken feet in there, are they supposed to be there?" at least once?

What the hell are the poor chickens doing without feet!

SO many questions..

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ismail
Half a century old chicken feet ! My favorite !
Chicken feet are like wine. The longer you age them, the better they are.

Old wine.. nope, I just get crusty with age.

Oh you mean the beverage. Meh, that's just a lie old rich people tell themselves to justify buying that expired vinegar for $300 a bottle.

I just can't see the satisfaction on gnawing into basically bone and claw. Guess I'm a breast man after all.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by fnpmitchreturns

Never had chicken feet, I've had chicken lips but not chicken feet.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by playernumber13

Never had chicken feet, I've had chicken lips but not chicken feet.

I thought Chicken's had beaks?

What kind of lips are you talking about, and do I want to even know? LoL
edit on 13-7-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Chicken Feet are like a fine Wine, they only get better with age.

You're not supposed to eat 'em. They're for voodoo.

(I thought everyone already knew that.)

new topics

top topics

join