It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jewish court 'condemns DOG to death by stoning'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   
READ BEFORE YOU ALL GET HUFFY PUFFY AND TRY TO SAY THIS IS UNTRUE OR BLOWN OUT OF PROPORTION.

One of the court's managers, however, told Israeli newspaper Yediot Aharanot the story was true. He said: 'It was ordered... as an appropriate way to "get back at" the spirit which entered the poor dog.'

So now that we know this is a factual event that did happen, this just brings so many questions...

1. Since a dog wandered in to a courtroom and it wanted to stay a while, the general consensus that reached was that the dog was actually a reincarnated lawyer who disrespected a judge 20 years ago, and who the court had cursed to be reincarnated as a dog? How can one person believe this yet alone seemingly everyone at the courthouse?!?

2. The next logical conclusion was to have children stone the dog to death? Seriously??? This just shows how much they believed this dog, who just wanted to hang out for a while, was actually a spirit inside of a dog and trying to get back at the court for something that happened two decades ago.

3. Jewish courts put curses on people who disrespect judges? Is this commonplace? What about outside the courtroom?

4. Some Jews believe in reincarnation? Unlike many faction debates within a religion, this one seems kinda cut in stone. Either it's written you're reincarnated, or it doesn't, right?

So what are your questions about this event? I'm sure you have many as I do. Can anyone here, Jew or not answer any of mine or future questions by other members about these practices?

www.liveleak.com...
edit on 7/13/1313 by kryton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Muslims stone people. At least the Jews are only stoning dogs.

Regardless, no court should be based on religious "dogma".
edit on 2013/7/13 by Metallicus because: Clarity

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by kryton

Muslims stone little girls that have been raped in the middle east.

This sounds like a joke - where did liveleak get the info from? Alex Jones? Obama?

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Metallicus

Dogma, I see what you did there

And my questions have really nothing to do about the moral aspect of stoning a dog, or a person for that matter, more of wtf are they doing and how could they possibly come up with that conclusion??

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by kryton

Wait, you want to apply logic to religious courts?

Good luck with that...

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Metallicus

Point taken.

I guess I just expected more from those who claim to be at the top of the pyramid.

This story sounds more like it came out of Sudan or Afghanistan.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Upon further research, it seems israel went into full on denial mode after it went viral, but still admit the dog was there, but the only thing that happened was the pound was called.

However, there WAS a complaint lodged by the animal rights group against the court which is what started this whole thing, obviously before all of this media hub-bub, and why would they lodge a complaint with all of those details if all that happened was the pound was called?

I smell something fishy.
edit on 7/13/1313 by kryton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Jerusalem rabbis 'condemn dog to death by stoning

I'm pretty sure this is the same case - at least I hope it is for everyone's sake.

It was also covered in this link where the charge was denied: Jerusalem court denies dog condemned to stoning

In a statement, the court denied that a dog had been condemned.

peace
edit on 13-7-2013 by silo13 because: see above added link

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by kryton

Although I don't condone this gross form of animal abuse in the slightest--just wanted to say that some cultures are extremely superstitious about dogs (Hindus, for example.) No, that doesn't justify this ridiculous act, but we need to be careful when judging other cultures based on our own values.

Edit: I guess it wasn't real anyway.

Originally posted by silo13
Jerusalem rabbis 'condemn dog to death by stoning

I'm pretty sure this is the same case - at least I hope it is for everyone's sake.

It was also covered in this link where the charge was denied: Jerusalem court denies dog condemned to stoning

In a statement, the court denied that a dog had been condemned.

peace
edit on 13-7-2013 by silo13 because: see above added link

edit on 13-7-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by SupersonicSerpent
Israeli Jews piss me off they are sometimes no better that Muslims wtf was the U.S thinking giving them nukes normal jews i have no problem with but the israel is basically a U.S military base run by Jews.

ahh, you mean, U.S is just a military base run by the jews.........and Israel is where these jews get their orders from....there you go all fixed...you were in the ball park, sort of. Anyway, that explains why all the countries Jew(U).S.A has attacked recently has been inline with the jews wishes.

Sometimes no better than the muslims? wow major brainwashign there, implying all "muslims" are corrupt and that more often than not the "Israeli jews" are better than "muslims" in general......not bad considering it was the jews(and your country) who raped and pillaged the Palestinians in the first place so that the jews could steal their land. Atta boy, talk some sense into your self before your fingers touch the keyboard.
edit on 13-7-2013 by Haxsaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Anti-Jewish propaganda ... Its a complete lie.
edit on 13-7-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomEntered

oh of course it is, couh cough, jews have been found guilty of satanic ritual child sacrifice on numerous occassions, but as if they'd stone a dog. Oh please

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Love how the story was told that an Israeli court sentenced a dog to death by stoning and some posters jump in saying oh the Muslims do this, the Muslims do that. Correct me if I am wrong but I think the topic has absolutely NOTHING to do with Muslims and everything to do with the Israeli court. Total deflection of the topic.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Turns out it was untrue and the original news outlet retracted their story,

www.haaretz.com...

On 3 June, Maariv published, ‘Mea Shearim: Beth din ordered stoning of a female dog’ which told of how a dog had entered a religious court room during proceedings and refused to leave. I must admit to not having read the original article as the content has since been removed from the newspaper’s website (the headline remains). However, according to reports, it claimed that one of the sitting judges announced that the dog was inhabited by the spirit of a secular Jewish lawyer who had insulted the court twenty years prior and called for it to be killed.

What followed is somewhat confusing. The religious court issued a lengthy and unequivocal denial that any such order was given, counter-claiming that, "The only thing that happened… was that the judges called 106- the Jerusalem Municipal dispatch in charge of stray dogs – requesting that the dog be picked up from Beth Din. Until that happened, the dog sat down in the corner- peaceful, calm and unharmed. That story can be verified with the municipal dispatch." The statement also rebuked the media for apparently misrepresenting the facts.

The dog was taken by the dog catcher & not ordered to die by stoning.
edit on 13-7-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Metallicus
At least the Jews are only stoning dogs.

You really must be stoned for saying that.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haxsaw

Originally posted by FreedomEntered

oh of course it is, couh cough, jews have been found guilty of satanic ritual child sacrifice on numerous occassions, but as if they'd stone a dog. Oh please

Wouldn't someone who sacrificed children to Satan be a Satanist, not a Jew? Satan is not the recipient of sacrifices in the Jewish faith, neither in its current form nor in any historical form. I don't even think Satan is a major figure in Judaism.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by kryton

1. Since a dog wandered in to a courtroom and it wanted to stay a while, the general consensus that reached was that the dog was actually a reincarnated lawyer who disrespected a judge 20 years ago, and who the court had cursed to be reincarnated as a dog? How can one person believe this yet alone seemingly everyone at the courthouse?!?

Certain strains of Orthodox Judaism subscribe to the Lurianic concept of reincarnation (which is very different from the more simplified idea of what reincarnation entails)

Obviously, this is patently absurd.

Orthodox Jews aren't very fond of dogs. Similar to fundamentalist Muslims, they take the physical world as an exact manifestation of Platonian concepts. The Hebrew word for dog, Kalev, also means "like the heart". Orthodox Judaism and it's 613 laws is all about restraining the heart. The dog is imagined to be the physical incarnation of this concept. In addition, for a dog to enter a Jewish court must imply that this dog is being animated by a disembodied spirit, a dybbuk. So, there are no coincidences, there are no accidents. Everything that happens is directed by the hand of the Almighty, and His tzaddikim (righteous scholars) are the ones invested with the divine authority to intuit the significance of every little event in this world.

The next logical conclusion was to have children stone the dog to death? Seriously??? This just shows how much they believed this dog, who just wanted to hang out for a while, was actually a spirit inside of a dog and trying to get back at the court for something that happened two decades ago.

The children are symbolic representations of "purity". Purity banishes the spirit by throwing stones (representations of the divine word) at the dog (the impure spirit).

So what are your questions about this event? I'm sure you have many as I do. Can anyone here, Jew or not answer any of mine or future questions by other members about these practices?

I resonate with the core idea ideas found in Judaisms metaphysical framework. But this...this is embarrassing. I know many Orthodox Jews that wouldn't support of this nonsense, so don't imagine that this is somehow indicative of their thinking. This court is highly eccentric.

Hopefully, the Israeli government can intervene and protect this poor dog from being killed.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astrocyte

Orthodox Jews aren't very fond of dogs. Similar to fundamentalist Muslims,
Kinda Curious why you felt the need to bring Fundi Muslim to the post, wasn,t any mention in the OP of Muslim.

And Although I disagree with everything you stand for, I will Admit your Post Defending the Jews in this Story was Eloquently Written, Almost to the Point that the Killing of the Dog was the "only Option".

Nice to See that while this Story is a HOAX, you can find Justification with any Wrong Doings of the Israeli Leadership.
edit on 14-7-2013 by Tw0Sides because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Just fishing for an argument, eh?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join