It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Capitol State Police Confiscating Tampons and Sanitary Napkins, but not Guns, for Abortion Bil

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Elliot

Dear Elliot,

You're absolutely right, but let me ask a couple of questions.

I know the police and powers that be would NEVER lie, but could they be mistaken, have been fed false information, or .......something else?

If they honestly believed that throwing lots of objects was the plan (and why else bring confetti and glitter?) I would think the confiscation was reasonable.

If the whole thing was a lie and there were no jars of paint and feces confiscated, then what did they confiscate? If they took tampons completely based on a lie, what did they hope to accomplish? That didn't stop protesters from gaining admission to the gallery, chaining themselves to the furniture and yelling.

Doesn't make it so that such a thing was going to happen.
So, what's the point of their confiscation? If they found confetti, glitter, and jars of bodily waste, it's pretty clear what's going to happen. If they didn't find any of those things, what sense does it make to confiscate tampons? How does that stop the protesters?

The only thing that makes sense to me is that they discovered that things were going to be thrown, and they confiscated things which they thought were going to be thrown. I'd be grateful for some other explanation, but I can't think of one.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MrInquisitive

So we can now definitely say that Republicans are pro-gun and anti-feminine hygiene products. Seems like this could also precipitate a law suit of sexism against the Texas state police and/or the legislature for singling out women's hygiene products in the confiscation, and discrimination against women in menstruation.

It looks like those 'Republicans' down there are on to the usual Liberal tricks !!

Just think about the dirt and filth that would be left behind had they been allowed to walk in with it.

Icky Yucky

Those lefties are always stooping down low to see under the dresses.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I got to page two of this thread and you say "Deflect Deflect Deflect" Sir, a counter argument is not a deflection.... Please, deny ignorance...

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I have never seen another thread by OP which is critical of anyone other than the big baaahd "Republicans".

He/She is here to cause trouble, and it's ovbious.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1

You have never worked in a prison with the mentality of these kind of people - people dig in their rear to get feces in their fingernails to scratch you with.

Just shows that these politicians know the kind of people who want to kill babies and what kind of tactics they will use - a blood soaked feminine hygiene product is a fantastic weapon - and you have no idea what kind of biological weapon it contains.

Really now? Is That why LAW ENFORCEMENT and TSA have this Habit of NEVER switching gloves, doing Cavity searches on women, children, elderly who have done NO CRIME???

Oh I see, Fluid Hysteria legit or not,

ONLY APPLIES TO GOVERNMENT AND STASI FORCES, PEASANTS AND SLAVES OF USA NEED NOT BOTHER

With such Trivial matters, I see. (sarcasism intended)
edit on 13-7-2013 by ThreeBears because: Typo addition

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elliot
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Gaffer Tape......exactly.
Women are more easily deterred with physical humiliation than men. They are less likely to even be able to continue protesting if they have their period, it's a 'bad day' and regularly needing the bathroom. So easy to crush women because of their physical needs at certain times. Humiliate them on top of that.........well, you've got rid of a BIG problem.........mouthy females. Only the strongest emotionally will continue after such humiliation.

really, tell that to the Ping Gang of India who got fed up with Misogynist assholes, who though humiliated as you put it, just for Being female,

Rounded up and started beating the men who get off on raping and beating up females, of all ages.

Abortion debate aside, Women are HUMAN BEINGS not Inferior Fck toilets for men and jerks to humiliate because that's the ONLY way they can feel like pathetic men...REAL MEN don't need to humiliate females,

They don't need to compensate for a lack of, um, manhood by doing so.

Just saying...

And just a thought, if men want women to have all these babies, Maybe they should RESPECT the Mothers of babies just a tad more, ya think? They are, after all, breathing red blood humans, Not incubators. That's a Huge part of the Foundational root problem right there as far as the whole abortion debate is concerned.

It never ceases to amaze me how so many push for forced birthing then turn Right around and call mothers sluts, whores, parasites....or worse, kill the children they forced, etc. it's like, some men need to make up their minds, I think they are confused as to what they really want, and Why they want it. Is it Really about wanting babies or Control over Women???

Either way, it's the CHILDREN who SUFFER. Whether they are born or unborn. When do we look at THAT issue???

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ThreeBears

The "Nationalism" that has a lot to do with Driving this whole issue, is one few dare to bring up, but, take for example,

Egypt. As they stand now, with the mass population and forced birthing, without foreign aid they cannot FEED themselves and recent broadcast on a station they were discussing this. Somalia is another example,

I find it amazing how few care really about the After results of men controlling reproduction on Either side, be it limited births for eugenics (also racist and nationalst) or for greed, etc which leads to population shortages like in Russia for example and a need for migration that causes some serious culture shifts down the road...

To the other extreme of forced birthing etc which causes masses of unwanted children (Romania) and by the way that nation of still reeling over the damages of That policy, to famines and conflicts such as recent in Somalia...

We need COMMON SENSE RESPONSIBILITY in these matters not emotional or Nationalist driven or elitist driven agendas, etc. the impacts are far lasting...

Really what this whole abortion issue is about is the fear of white men becoming a minority which, Granted is happening...and yes there ARE culture ramifications of this, BUT,

You don't restore a Culture by ramming misogynist policies down women's throats. It might work in the physical...but what WILL happen is a mass of unwanted abused children who will be Ripe for exploitation by hostile agendas...fact. If America wants to restore what "use to be" there needs to be a reevaluation of what Caused the abortions In the first place...it's not just materialism or selfishness...as many like to shove the causes to the wayside. In other words, there is many Other contributions to the problems yet stubbornness refuses to address them or even look or take Ownership of them.

Empower Motherhood rather than demonize motherhood, empower women rather than demonize, control a d abuse..

A d SHE might just WANT children.

But going this route...all that happens is women are more marginalized, alienated and resentful...and who pays for that?

The CHILDREN.

THINK people. Seriously, THINK.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrInquisitive

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Indeed.. There is also the factor that this bill passed the last time and should have carried ..except for the activists in the public gallery that carried the legislative session over by 120 seconds or so ...so the numerically winning vote count, couldn't count. I can definitely see their approach here to the activists. It's 'once bitten, twice shy', IMO.

There is also the fact that this bill could not be passed during the normal legislature because of the rules governing the body. Hence, the Republicans have convened special sessions, in which the normal rules don't apply, to ram this bill through. Anyone defending such BS tactics to push through legislation is not in favor of actual democracy and the rule of law. But you conservatives and Republicans are quite happy with your side using such underhanded tactics.

And I'm waiting for people to call me a political hack because I posted this thread.

I haven't been keeping up with the whole fiasco in Texas but I've heard a few other activist mention it, etc (I've benn watching other issues) but anyway,

You Know when I see things like this the first thing that comes to mind is Really? Are we in High School? I mean these are the kind of behaviors one would expect from pre puberty, I'm referring to the GOP etc., LEO, so forth. I swear the maturity level of most is highly lacking...

It's an embarrassment really. Seems to be a global epidemic. Which is more of a travesty because the real issues that Shoukd be discussed are pushed aside for the childish antics of childish politicians and yes, many an activists. When I heard of the hail Satan chants, I didn't Know whether to believe them or not... Again more childishness.

Who can take EITHER side serious anymore, about ANYTHING?

Is This the deplorable state of the politic of America? If so,

We have surpassed Caligua, of ancient Rome...and we know what happened to him and Rome right???

That's the problem, majority of Americans don't know a d wouldn't even Know where to begin to search to Learn about,

And This is a nation that wants to raise more Children???? Laughable, it's so absurd...they Seriously must be putting something in the Water.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
There are no brainwaves before 20 weeks.

Incorrect.

Fetal brains starts firing (first neuron responses) at approx 6 weeks.

Cerebrum begins development between 8-10 weeks.

First measurable EEG's can be detected around 12 weeks.

Complete brain development does not occur until many years after birth.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by peck420

I guess that explains why so many European Nations are far stricter than this Texas law was, almost by half at 12 weeks for the cut off.

Funny, I don't hear the outrage and cries against those nations. Texas must be special. There is that part about abortions having to be done by someone who has hospital priv's and nearby to a location with surgical options, but I'd have thought that a no brainer for anything like this to begin with. The most basic procedure can have complications. I guess the girls getting an abortion that had serious complications up till now just prayed for Life Flight or a VERY fast Ambulance in some of the rural areas of Texas.

That number for readable signs at 12 weeks vs. what so many others nations consider normal and standard for a cut off time sounds reasonable though. Amazing how many feel no restriction of any kind, anywhere, for any reason ought to be the case. No one else around the world seems to think so and I'd think, for good reasons.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by peck420

Originally posted by Maslo
There are no brainwaves before 20 weeks.

Incorrect.

Fetal brains starts firing (first neuron responses) at approx 6 weeks.

Cerebrum begins development between 8-10 weeks.

First measurable EEG's can be detected around 12 weeks.

Complete brain development does not occur until many years after birth.

Wrong!

The assertion is made over and over again that "fetal brain activity" has been observed or "fetal brain waves" have been measured at 40, 43, or 45 days, or at 6 weeks after fertilization. You can find the claim in "pro-life" and sometimes even nonmedical pro-choice literature. Sometimes a reference is cited, but most often not.

This false information has passed into the general understanding about fetal development and is simply stated as fact. It is however a factoid instead, which is the name for a statement repeated often enough that people accept it as truth, though it's not.
tigtogblog.blogspot.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by CajunBoy
I got to page two of this thread and you say "Deflect Deflect Deflect" Sir, a counter argument is not a deflection.... Please, deny ignorance...

Yes, when the thread is about the heavy-handed tactics of the Capitol security, confiscating women's hygiene items while allowing gun toters, but the commenters start weighing in on abortion, saying that I am for the culling of babies, and bringing up the claimed confiscated jars of bodily waste and suggesting the women were going to soil their feminine products and then hurl them at lawmakers -- that is deflecting from the argument.

In fact your criticizing me for pointing this out is just more of the same deflection. Good try. Thanks for playing.

Back to the topic at hand, here is the personal account of one woman who intended to go and ended up succumbing to the humiliation and intimidation tactics of the Capitol DPS storm troopers:

Texas Woman Recounts 'Humiliation And Horror' Of Capitol Police Seizing Maxi Pads, Diabetic Supplies

But who's going to trust what some middle-aged, diabetic woman says? She's obviously a Satan-worshipping, baby-killing, soiled-maxipad-flinging librul.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

While I'd love to just compare Texas to, say, Germany...there are so many other factors to take into consideration. Availability of contraception, family leave time from work, etc. Not to mention that you can get an abortion in just about any hospital you walk into and not need to go to a specific clinic.

While European laws seem more restrictive, abortions are much more widely available. So, if Texas wants to be more like Europe I'm all about it!

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

reply to post by peck420

I guess that explains why so many European Nations are far stricter than this Texas law was, almost by half at 12 weeks for the cut off.

Funny, I don't hear the outrage and cries against those nations. Texas must be special. There is that part about abortions having to be done by someone who has hospital priv's and nearby to a location with surgical options, but I'd have thought that a no brainer for anything like this to begin with. The most basic procedure can have complications. I guess the girls getting an abortion that had serious complications up till now just prayed for Life Flight or a VERY fast Ambulance in some of the rural areas of Texas.

That number for readable signs at 12 weeks vs. what so many others nations consider normal and standard for a cut off time sounds reasonable though. Amazing how many feel no restriction of any kind, anywhere, for any reason ought to be the case. No one else around the world seems to think so and I'd think, for good reasons.

Yes, some European nations, such as Ireland, don't allow abortion whatsoever, and women die because of this. In fact, such women aren't allowed to even leave the country to get an abortion. A lot of European countries also have stronger political ties to the Catholic Church, which is extremely anti-abortion, than is the US. We have a 1st Amendment that prohibits the government from making any religion a state religion, and that also includes making laws that are based on the tenets of a particular religion.

I find that it is very hilarious that you are citing European laws as a standard to follow, because I'd imagine you wouldn't be for citing European laws for the lack of a death penalty as a reason the death penalty should be abolished in the US.

You and others like to repeat OVER and OVER and OVER this 20-week deadline for an abortion when one of the major issues of this law is that it forces the closure of all but five clinics that provide abortion in Texas. Texas is a big state, making women drive hundreds of miles for health care is an undo burden on them. In addition, there are cases -- not all that infrequent either -- when only later during the pregnancy does the doctor learn that the fetus isn't viable, and that bringing it to term may well pose a health risk for the pregnant women.

But again, you have gone off topic. This thread is not about the merits of the Texas anti-abortion law, it is about the heavy-handed and double-standard polices of the Texas Capitol DPS in deciding what items were contraband and to be confiscated. Apparently you haven't read the umpteen posts in this thread that requested that people stay on topic rather than bring up tangential issues in an attempt to deflect the discussion from the thread's topic.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Just more bread and circuses to distract the masses away from what is important.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

You have to have a license in Texas to conceal and carry a gun. Guns are regulated - even in Texas.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Texas where they confiscate your tampons for your safety while they do cavity searches with the same gloves on multiple people...... hipocracy anyone?
edit on 13-7-2013 by fnpmitchreturns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrInquisitive

reply to post by peck420

I find that it is very hilarious that you are citing European laws as a standard to follow, because I'd imagine you wouldn't be for citing European laws for the lack of a death penalty as a reason the death penalty should be abolished in the US.

I'm glad you're enjoying yourself. Your replies are anything but pleasant for everyone else.

I'm citing Europe as a general example of other Western nations. Other Industrialized nations. Other nations with first world Medicine level to determine logical and medically sensible guidelines. In that, it's a reasonable thing to look around at and see what comparable nations for knowledge and medical level have established in their own regulation of the practice. To not do so would be....ignorant.

You and others like to repeat OVER and OVER and OVER this 20-week deadline for an abortion when one of the major issues of this law is that it forces the closure of all but five clinics that provide abortion in Texas.

First of all, are you chatting with me or am I just a faceless "you and others" because I'm not on the same side of politics are you are? You're usually not this....hateful in your postings? Anyway.... Please show me where, by name or other identifying feature, they are closing all but 5 specific clinics. When you can show me, in specific language, where that is their intent and result, then I'll consider it worth debating. Until or unless that language exists ...either specific or implied ...then it's hyperbole of the worst sort.

What I understand it that Texas has a real slipshod and loose running abortion industry as it stands now, hence part of the urgency to some regulation with it, and THAT MANY clinics were really without this basic level of medical support and backup to a procedure which can and does go wrong. If that many can't comply? Good.. Close them. More will surely open where they *DO* comply with basic medical support requirements.

But again, you have gone off topic. This thread is not about the merits of the Texas anti-abortion law, it is about the heavy-handed and double-standard polices of the Texas Capitol DPS in deciding what items were contraband and to be confiscated. Apparently you haven't read the umpteen posts in this thread that requested that people stay on topic rather than bring up tangential issues in an attempt to deflect the discussion from the thread's topic.

Do you imagine you are running a private club where you dictate the precise terms of discussion across multiple pages? As a major contributor with many many threads as well, that I DO find hilarious. You're also quick to discuss or GO right off topic yourself....then cry "OFF TOPIC - OFF TOPIC!!" when the discussion isn't comfy anymore.

Kinda cheap, if you ask me.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ninepointfive
I have never seen another thread by OP which is critical of anyone other than the big baaahd "Republicans".

He/She is here to cause trouble, and it's ovbious.

So, you can't refute the substance of my OP, so you attack me personally. Very classy. That is rule #2 in the conservative playbook: If you can't win on the facts of the matter, attack the messenger.

When I challenge the thesis of and OP and his/her thread, I don't sink to your evel of attacking them based on their previous threads. You obviously have no shame in this regard.

And why do I need to make threads that reflect your political bias? As for the substance of your claim, it is outright false. You are lying. Period.

Here are some of my more recent ATS threads:

Pentagon purging Bin Laden raid records:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

FBI Shoot and Kill Marathon Bombing Interviewee

Lawmakers negotiating Obamacare exemption for themselves and their aides

Ambassador Rice's Conflict of Interest -- Canadian Oil Interests

The above threads are all about improprieties of the executive branch, which is run by a Democrat, with the possible exception of the thread on Obama Care, which is about bi-partisan BS, but it still is an indictment of the Obama administration as well.

The fact that your best shot at refuting the substance of my thread is a pathetic attempt to smear me personally shows what kind of person you are, and the fact that you have no good arguments to make against the points of my thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join