It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Capitol State Police Confiscating Tampons and Sanitary Napkins, but not Guns, for Abortion Bil

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Elliot

That's a good point.

People should be not looking at the abortion debate, but instead the tactics used to gaffer tape opposition.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Elliot

Were they body caviting searching women for tampons in use, or checking underwear for in-use hygenice products? Or, were they looking at people with bottles of urine, blood and paint, carrying non-used tampons and pads?

That's the question?

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Gaffer Tape......exactly.
Women are more easily deterred with physical humiliation than men. They are less likely to even be able to continue protesting if they have their period, it's a 'bad day' and regularly needing the bathroom. So easy to crush women because of their physical needs at certain times. Humiliate them on top of that.........well, you've got rid of a BIG problem.........mouthy females. Only the strongest emotionally will continue after such humiliation.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

No one ever got hurt having fluffy cotton thrown at them. Now if they have suddenly become WMD well, that's another issue. Not condoning throwing fluffy cotton, of course but the issue is this.........the END of protest. The Farmer does not like rebellious cattle in his field and their genes will be bred out.
It reminds me of my parents saying that God will only preserve the 'sheep like ones'. You can understand why......they're far less trouble.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
reply to post by Elliot

That's a good point.

People should be not looking at the abortion debate, but instead the tactics used to gaffer tape opposition.

Excellent point. And that was the point of the thread -- the tactics used to squelch political dissent by women -- but a lot of people seem to want to make the conversation about other matters entirely. Because obviously this action by the Texas Capitol DFS was indefensible as well as politically motivated; hence there is no way to defend it rationally. Add to it the fact that it is clearly not a safety matter because the lawmakers are apparently quite comfortable with armed citizens watching them from the balconies (no, I am not arguing gun control one way or another, just pointing out that bullets and firearms are much more of a safety threat than are tampons and feminine napkins).

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Elliot

I believe I'm the only woman here in this conversation - a woman who works with prisoners and security.

Abortion is the ultimate in destruction of women.

Any woman who decides to not fulfill herself educationally, physically, emotionally in this country (USA) only has herself to blame.

Every woman has the ability to partake of all of the oppurtunnities in america - with the exception of those that are in slavery to men through mostly ritual sexual abuse - to which abortion is the enslavers solution.

See the non-prescription abortion pills that anyone can buy over the counter and feed their sex slaves if a pregnancy is an encumbrance to their pleasure - there, see the truth.

I will add this is TEXAS - human trafficking of female sex slaves/prostitution.
edit on 13-7-2013 by Happy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1
reply to post by Elliot

I believe I'm the only woman here in this conversation

See the non-prescription abortion pills that anyone can buy over the counter and feed their sex slaves if a pregnancy is an encumbrance to their pleasure - there, see the truth.

I will add this is TEXAS - human trafficking of female sex slaves/prostitution.

You're not the only woman posting here. bit of an assumption to make.

As for the rest, I actually have no idea why you are talking about sex slaves and contraceptive pills how are these in the thread topic?

I can see abortion is an impassioned topic for you, however, I would rather hear whether you think it is ok to discriminate against women bringing in tampons to a building.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   

The thread is about guns vs. tampons and bottles of urine, blood, and paint being brought into the building.

Only people involved with security would make the connection between bodily fluids and tampons being brought in, from experience, by having them flung at them by "protestors".

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

OK, and what are your thoughts on that? It is ok to bring in guns and not tampons, or OK to bring in both? the sex slaves part of your post doesn't answer it.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1

The thread is about guns vs. tampons and bottles of urine, blood, and paint being brought into the building.

Only people involved with security would make the connection between bodily fluids and tampons being brought in, from experience, by having them flung at them by "protestors".

Yet you and others keep on bringing up abortion. And you're insinuating that the female Texan citizens, who were humiliated and intimidated by having the personal effects confiscated, intended to use them to do bodily harm by first soiling them and then tossing them at lawmakers. You can make unfounded accusations against the female convicts you claim to lord over, but you can't get away with making it against your fellow, un-incarcerated citizens; it just doesn't pass the smell test. When was the last time you heard about people throwing jars of human waste in some capitol building? Please provide one verified instance thereof.

And yes, you're right about one thing: this thread is about the double standard of allowing people with guns to enter the state capitol, but confiscating women's toiletries for security reasons.

Bringing up the purported instances of jars of paint and human waste is again just more spurious BS to deflect from the issue at hand. Never mind that there has been no proof provided that such items were found (and that the possessors of such items would likely be charged with an offense if they were truly found to be bringing jars of urine or feces into the Capitol building). No one here, nor the articles cited, defended any possible smuggling in of nasty jars of stuff -- if that in fact actually occurred. It was solely about confiscating women's personal effects on the specious claim of safety, while allowing concealed firearm bearers full access to the capitol -- which clearly shows the tampon confiscation to be a purely political act to demean, humiliate and intimidate women, the majority of whom had come to the capitol to express their displeasure with the oppressive legislation that was being pushed through in a very sleazy fashion, i.e. by special session.

Yet you keep on feigning ignorance as to what the issues are that have been layed out in this thread, and many of your comments are puerile at best, and do nothing to further the discussion of the issues at hand in this thread.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by MrInquisitive

An unborn fetus is a baby,with a heartbeat and brainwaves.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
I guess bodily fluids are more deadly than guns now.

Yep as women are told to deter RAPISTS

TO urninate,vomit on their attackers.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrInquisitive
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I'm not defending special sessions just to make prosaic governmental policy, but you seem to be for it.

Well, that's a way to deliebrately misread what I said. I said I would be all for eliminating special sessions at the state level and nation-wide if it were truly equal, even and without political bias. I was even very clear on that point. How can you read the opposite? Anyway... I stated here again, my position on Special Session at state level. Hopefully that clears it up.

My point in bringing up the fact that this was a special session used as an underhanded political tactic, was that you were criticizing what the citizens of Texas were doing to protest the previous attempted power grab by Texas Republicans on this same issue.

In point of fact, and to be specific...there is absolutely nothing underhanded about this particular calling of a special session. It's allowed and provided for under Texas state law.

How often does the legislature meet?

The Legislature of the State of Texas, operating under the biennial system, convenes its regular sessions at noon on the second Tuesday in January of odd-numbered years. The maximum duration of a regular session is 140 days. The governor is given authority under the state constitution to convene the legislature at other times during the biennium. Such sessions are known as called or special sessions and are reserved for legislation that the governor deems critically important in the conduct of state affairs. Called sessions are limited to a period of 30 days, during which the legislature is permitted to pass laws only on subjects submitted by the governor in calling for the session.
Source
As you can see. It's written write into state process as an option and means to handle business the Governor, whichever party he may be a member of, deems necessary to call them back for, within the 2 year break between official sessions. I stand behind what I said first about doing away with them ..but only if it's in all states and not a political hack job to achieve a specific outcome.

But you know, special sessions of legislative bodies is not what this thread is about. It is about the heavy-handed, sexist and discriminatory security practices of the Republican-controled state house, and how evidently tampons and sanitary napkins are a security threat, but guns and bullets are not.

Indeed.. The thread is about display of some of the most pointed partisan hatred the site has seen in awhile. While most are turning from the games and evils of partisan fighting...others are turning more in to embrace it. Odd how that's working but the thread is a fine example of that aspect.

Like the DPS, you're trying to deflect the issue by making specious claims about these citizen protesters planning to hurl jars of human waste at the lawmakers without providing any evidence of it. Until the DPS shows some of these jars of human waste and paint, and can verify that people actually brought them in, I am not buying it.

Well, fortunately, I'm sure the Texas Department of Public Safety has absolutely no concern what you or others believe or don't believe. They aren't acting for public consumption but for public safety. It's a shame when partisan agenda runs SO deep and so dark, that can't be seen for what it is. Now, feces, urine and blood soaked items HAVE been used in protests of this nature in the past. It's been done. They have every good reason to look for it in the future...especially with what sounded like more specific reason in this case. It's not like they came up with an imaginary concern that's never seen real use against real people before.

Texas is determined the travesty of the Statehouse in Wisconsin NEVER happens in their state. Good for them on that, too.

All you conservatives and Republicans can do is deflect, deflect, deflect. You refuse to deal with the facts of the matter.

Deflect what? I've tried to address each point you've deemed to reply with, each in turn and as specific as I can be given whatever the point is. Unless "Deflect" is just a blanket charge to throw at anyone who stands more politically right than you do, you've totally lost me with that accusation. I miss where you're even seeing deflection ...but I'll be happy to go back and address anything at all you think I was evasive on. It's never my intent in a political debate.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by txinfidel
Limiting abortions to 20 weeks is extreme?

Lol im sure if this happens all abortion clinics will be promptly shut down.

Its certainly not extreme, but thats not the main issue. The bill was criticised for mandating abortion to be performed in surgical centers by doctors with admitting privileges at a nearby hospital. That will restrict the accessability of abortion.

Originally posted by mamabeth reply to post by MrInquisitive

An unborn fetus is a baby,with a heartbeat and brainwaves.

There are no brainwaves before 20 weeks.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
The problem with this thread is that points out some ridiculous measures in an attempt to deny/hinder opposition voices over a controversial piece of legislation and it was posted in a forum that is going over the top with right wing leaning people.

It's nearly impossible now to see two points of view on this site anymore. The conservative/right leaning people in this site will simply drown out anyone with a conflicting view and beat you into the ground with the same rhetoric over and over until you just submit and go away.

I could not be more aghast at this report. I first read it on news sites yesterday and it blew my mind. Let's just say, "ok, hygiene products can be a weapon". If we are going to confiscate them for being a "potential weapon", they why are we not confiscating ACTUAL weapons?

To not see the complete craziness in this, is to ignore the truth.

Let's "deny ignorance" and start looking at things with logic and reasoning and not with so much emotion and hyperbole.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
'Controversial' eh?

Government has a right to make THIS LAW

About bird EGGS, but screams 'bloody murder' over a law that will never make it pass the Texas Senate.

Geez Almighty I find the lack of CONSISTENCY disturbing.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Eshel

If we are going to confiscate them for being a "potential weapon", they why are we not confiscating ACTUAL weapons?

It also depends on the intent, tough. If it is probable that they were going to throw the hygiene products at someone, then I can see why they were confiscated. While I doubt anyone was going to shot up the place..

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I found a couple of articles from Texas dealing with the tampons. Maybe they add a little perspective.

As the Texas state Senate gears up to debate the late-term abortion ban and cast its first vote on it since a pro-abortion mob took over the state Senate weeks ago, abortion activists have devised a new way to disrupt democracy.

They plan to throw tampons and pads at pro-life legislators — and they have already been warned by state troopers who protect the state capitol that throwing objects at legislators is not allowed.

www.lifenews.com...

A social media firestorm dubbed “tampon-gate” erupted after DPS troopers began searching visitors’ bags after learning spectators “planned to use a variety of items or props to disrupt legislative proceedings at the Texas Capitol.”

Troopers made people throw away food, drinks, paper, Kleenex, tampons and any other items that could be thrown at senators.

DPS officials also said they found and confiscated one jar of suspected urine, 18 jars of suspected feces, three bottles of suspected paint, as well as glitter, confetti and “significant quantities” of feminine hygiene products.

www.star-telegram.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Might I make a suggestion?

It seems as though a lot of these legislators in Texas are very worried about their women having abortions.
As for that, many men are expressing their problems with women even having access to contriceptives.

Might I suggest that these men simply refrain from having sex with their women or any other woman.
You know they would never have sex with other men, because "that is not to be done".

This would immediately stop any need for contriceptives and/or abortions right there.
It would also have a direct impact on population control and over time would lead to more jobs available and a higher standard of living for everyone.
Yes, it would call for a little sacrifice on their part, but they are also the main proponents of personal accountability and responsibility . I would hope these good people of Texas would be instrimental in getting it started and lead us all by example.

Maybe this effort could be encouraged by the ladies everywhere. You know the old saying of "no man is free untill all men are free", maybe this could be applied in the fight for women's health issues.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

I know the police and powers that be would NEVER lie, but could they be mistaken, have been fed false information, or .......something else? Doesn't make it so that such a thing was going to happen.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join