Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Texas Capitol State Police Confiscating Tampons and Sanitary Napkins, but not Guns, for Abortion Bil

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Metallicus
reply to post by MrInquisitive

This bothers you more than the Obama Care that was shoved down the throat of the entire nation by Democrats?

Seriously, after 5 months you should have already made a decision on a pregnancy.

What are you talking about? This isn't about late-term abortion. This is about closing down most health care clinics in Texas offering abortion services.

And why are you bringing up Obama Care? Oh yeah, because you and your likes haven't a leg to stand on in discussing this topic. Once again, the number one Republican playbook play: DEFLECT, DEFLECT, DEFLECT.

You want to carp and complain about Obama Care? Be my guest; there are already a number of threads on the topic here at ATS, and feel free to start a new one of your own. But please don't try to derail this thread by bringing up entirely unrelated topics.

Again, it's clear by comments like yours that there is no legitimate defense of what the Republican-controlled Texas Capitol DPS did in this case. But keep on bringing up your frivolous arguments, because it just makes my point that much more convincing.
edit on 13-7-2013 by MrInquisitive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

Seems like the Texans are wide awake; but then again isn't abortion rights another term for culling?

Nothing like the wrath of a woman, nothing!

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Can't seem to get a real handle on your issue due to your DEFLECTING, DEFLECTING, DEFLECTING -

Is it people were alllowed in with guns and not tampons?

Is it people should be allowed to kill 5 month old babies in the womb?

Is it that baby killing places are being shut down in Texas, if they are not close enough to a hospital so the mother is not killed also?

What exactly is your issue?

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by mcsandy

I agree - Culling of the poverty stricken and ignorant - that must be the OP's issue.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by txinfidel

almost every article by the nyt is bad. Even their crosswords are bad. The picture in your article has an abortion activist handing out tampons inside a statehouse.

Do the math.

The whole intent to hand out tampons inside of a state building was politically motivated and also should be perceived as a threat.

Your whole purpose in writing this thread was politically motivated and to hope that people would buy into this garbage as you did or intended them too.

When in fact, it was a tactic used to steer public opinion away from the issue of the fact that after 20 weeks abortions are no beuno. And instead try to steer public opinion into making a uninformed judgement based on emotion and party lines.
edit on 13-7-2013 by txinfidel because: (no reason given)

Oh, my thread was politically motivated. THE NERVE OF ME! For shame, for shame. Clearly conservatives and Republicans never post politically motivated threads in ATS -- particularly in the US Political Madness forum.

And evidently you have severe reading comprehension problems because the photo caption for the picture you commented on said:

"woman handing over a tampon and condom that were not allowed in Texas Senate gallery."

Do you know the difference between the prepositions "over" and "out"?

So tell me, did you not understand this figure caption, or did you just make up your specious claim, and in fact are you attempting to OUTRIGHT LIE in order to malign the information I have provided in this thread? I'd like to know, because if it is the latter, then I am going to report you to ATS moderators for being disruptive and postings false information in this thread. If I don't hear back from you, I'll assume it was the latter,
edit on 13-7-2013 by MrInquisitive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   

But you are a political hack, either that or you are incredibly naive,

Don't believe everything you read.

Also when you point fingers and blame "republicans" you come off as a politically motivated or unintelligent person. Then when you say that the dps is in on some conspiracy to when the Republican Party you really sound foolish.

It was you or some other political hack that accused me of being one in another thread because I call the Republicans on the crap they pull.

Don't believe everything I read, huh? Well I don't believe anything you and your like write, that's for sure.

Like the rest of your conservative fellow travelers here on this thread, you cannot intelligently address the issue at hand, but must insult me and/or deflect the topic of this thread. But knock yourself out. Your specious comments only help to make my case.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Again, I ask - what is your issue?

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Limiting abortions to 20 weeks is extreme?

Lol im sure if this happens all abortion clinics will be promptly shut down.

Drama queen much?

Confiscating tampons and sanitary pads? That's nuts. I'm hoping they don't mean ones that are actually being used
but ones that are in handbags etc.

Even so, it's a weird thing to confiscate...words and voices tend to make a MUCH bigger impact than a thrown piece of cotton wadding anyway, so i suppose start to worry when they make it compulsory that everyone who attends has to wear a Gimp ball-gag...(Second thoughts..let's not give them ideas!)

As for a 20 week abortion limit? Is that what this supposedly 'rammed through the back door policy is' (that didn't sound right at all!)

I don't see a problem with that. If you don't know you're preggers after 5 MONTHS out of a 9 month pregnancy, there's something very wrong with you.

5 Months to make a choice is a LONG time, and let's face it, at 5 months development, the grey line between a fetus and a baby is very thin line. It's more a baby by then rather than just a collection of dividing cells (which don't forget, we generally don't worry about shedding during menstruation for Women and masturbation in the case of Men) as an early fetus would be.

But searching for tampons and pads? Come on..that's just ridiculous.

ETA:

Just saw member MrInquisitive's post above (should have read thread through first)

What are you talking about? This isn't about late-term abortion. This is about closing down most health care clinics in Texas offering abortion services.

I didn't realise this was the deal, thought it was about imposing a 5 month time limit on abortions, not closing down clinics.

This is completely different. Close down access to abortion services, you create a back street and very dangerous cottage industry catering for desperate Women...many Women have died and been seriously injured using back street abortionists.

If Texas wants to cut down on unwanted pregnancies, design a better more effective sex education policy, not only Sex education, but focus on sexual health education and contraceptions options. Give more access to morning after options and so on.

edit on 13-7-2013 by MysterX because: added text

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1

Can't seem to get a real handle on your issue due to your DEFLECTING, DEFLECTING, DEFLECTING -

Is it people were alllowed in with guns and not tampons?

Is it people should be allowed to kill 5 month old babies in the womb?

Is it that baby killing places are being shut down in Texas, if they are not close enough to a hospital so the mother is not killed also?

What exactly is your issue?

I've made my points quite clearly and succinctly, and your juvenile taunting and feigned obtuseness don't detract from the points I made.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   
We need smaller government!!

Except when it comes to women's reproductive organs, minorities voting, and poor people receiving food benefits. This whole thing just exposes Republicans for the massive hypocrites they really are.

If they truly cared about the children then they would be making sure that every kid in the us is receiving adequate education, medical care and is getting enough food.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

Sperm and monthly mentruastion do not a baby make. How stupid are people?

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

No matter how poor you are - you still get medical care - food? How fat are americans? Food stamps? More people get food stamps in america than are actually working and are legal in america. As for what people that get food stamps are using them for - that's another question - which leads us to -

Education in america - come on - you can learn more by watching the discovery channel than you can in 12 years of most public education in america - co-incidence?

I think not. How can you not be able to read after attending 12 freaking years of school?

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1
reply to post by MysterX

Sperm and monthly menstruation do not a baby make. How stupid are people?

You seem to have a handle on your own matey.

Do you seriously believe i imagined that the natural loss of an Ovum during a menstrual cycle and sperm issued from masturbation 'make a baby'???

You're off your trolly or have very poor discernment if you do.

I suggest reading the post again, and trying just a little bit harder to grasp what i mean't ...you'll get it eventually, probably.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   
They are discriminating, and not providing a safe and hygienic atmosphere for women.

Bills since 2013 regulating womens' bodies 629
Bills regulating mens bodies since the beginning of time 0

Their tactics show a level of corruption that their constituents should be very concerned over. If their behaviour was applied to another debate topic people would be horrified I hope, it is tantamount to cheating.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

No, it isn't just about limiting abortions to 20 weeks; it's about closing down most health providers in Texas that provide abortion services. It is also about the fact that the Texas Republicans are pulling this political shenanigan of a special session to enact legislation that it would not be able to get passed through normal rules during the regular session.

As for post 20-week abortions, there are cases in which it is not determined until fairly late in the gestation period that the fetus is unviable, i.e. it can't safely for the mother be brought to term, or will be born with extreme birth defects that would preclude living much past birth or be still-born. I've known of people who very much wanted children and had such a pregnancy. The medical procedure for this is very unpleasant and takes several days to complete; making providers of such services less available just puts a even greater strain and stress on the woman.

People defending this bill, the underhanded political tactic of a special session, the heavy-handed security practices of the Capitol DPS, and emphasizing the 20-week rule are merely trying to obscure the facts of the matter.

Just take a look at the rhetoric of several of the commenters here (to be clear, I am not lumping everyone taking exception with the point of my thread into this category) who seem to favor the confiscation of women's personal hygiene products, but are A-OK with people bringing concealed firearms into the Capitol building.

Also not how I didn't say I was for or against the anti-abortion law being proposed. My point was the ludicrous and heavy-handed policy targeting female citizens who want to exercise their right to attend public government meetings. Yet commenters here are accusing these female citizens and intent to do bodily harm with tampons and sanitary napkins, but aren't worried about people bringing guns into the capitol.

My other point is the onerous tactic the Republicans are using to ram-through this law. The fact that female Texans are outraged by this and going to the state building to demonstrate their displeasure, and that the Republicans are using the state troopers to intimidate and humiliate these citizens from registering their political dissent shows just how hinky this action is by the Republicans.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   

So, it's the taking away of tampons and not guns to the legislature in Texas, is that your point of this thread?

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

stop trolling, he answered you plenty of times.
edit on 13-7-2013 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysterX

5 Months to make a choice is a LONG time, and let's face it, at 5 months development, the grey line between a fetus and a baby is very thin line. It's more a baby by then rather than just a collection of dividing cells (which don't forget, we generally don't worry about shedding during menstruation for Women and masturbation in the case of Men) as an early fetus would be.

It is FACT that a BABY has a heart beat after 18 days of gestation. Anything after that is murder; moreover called infanticide. Depending on if you are speaking with a demoNcratic person or an independent ignorance denier.

MrInquisitive I believe a person with a licensed gun is more stable than a female cowering down and handing over her sanitary toiletries. Women have been a mainstay of oppression. We have yet to have equal pay, aren't given enough respect to enter our nation's most prestigious golfing club, are rode like horses in more ways than one and society seems to constantly preach silently that men are of higher authority. We gone from the dutiful roles of house maid to the Stepford wife, progressing to think we need to be idolized naked or idolize the notions inside of women's magazines. The paradigm gave women the notion to prideful of her body with radical surgery cosmetic and of abortion. It seems abortion helps a woman's dignity or self assurance when it does much more harm than good. A woman's body is her own but the body inside isn't her body! Not to mention the booming cosmetic industry another instrument in giving corps major control over our society's behavior. This is a result of brainwashing her to believe abortion is right, her right. It is quite a mockery of the gift of life - and the right to live it.

I am not trying to malign your thread - just offering what I thought would be the proper dialogue your responses were referring of the rules of engagement.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   
It is fascinating how law enforcement target women in this way, IF it is true.
It reminds me of the strip searching of young women protesters that police so love, the sexual assaults of women protesters,for example in Egypt and seizing personal hygiene products?
That is so ingenious. If you can make it humiliating, degrading, embarrassing, dangerous etc for women to protest you can SILENCE permanently HALF of your potential protesters and opposers. Shut the women up and you only have the men to deal with. Distract the men with agents provocateur, for example lots of violence and fighting at demonstrations, no one will complain about the men getting hurt.
Bingo! The masters win again! They are so clever. But pride comes before a fall!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join