It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ET structure on Moon

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I think it's a very good thing that people are off looking on their own like this. I just looked up some basic facts on the moon and it's pretty interesting...

The total surface area of the Moon is 37.9 million square kilometers, or 14.6 million square miles.

If you could unwrap the Moon and lay it out flat on the Earth, it wouldn’t fill up Asia, which has an area of 44.4 million square kilometers.
Source

The stats are presented to make it small vs. Earth, which of course it is ..but Asia is only a bit larger in land surface area and Asia as a whole takes up a fair % of the land mass of our planet depending on precisely how one defines the outlines of Asia.

I'm thinking the odds that human eyes have zoomed into to peak at even the grid square for each of those 14.6 Million Sq Miles is pretty slim. You wouldn't even see much by zooming to just the mile grid reference anyway, across the photos. So......... I'm thinking there may VERY well be things left to find if the moon actually has anything but our own landers to see. Just because they photographed it doesn't mean anyone's looked at or seen it.

Great little mystery there.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Very interesting. I am not sure if I trust the image though it reminds me of something I saw in the Predators vs. Alien movie.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Interesting image.

Downloading half res PNG to study now (nearly 400 meg, slow broadband..so it'll be a while).

What could it be?

Natural, sure it could. artificial, again, sure why not?

Could be some kind of metalic rich deposit on that ridge, interacting with charged particles from the Sun or cosmic rays from a GRB or something like that.

Could be an artificial structure, a machine of some kind, mining equipment using plasma or electrical arcs to extract minerals etc., could be something else entirely...whatever it is, it's very interesting looking, thanks OP.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I think we can safely exclude reflections of any kind...most of that anomaly is in the shadow...

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   
The main streak of that light kinda reminds me of a lightning strike back here on earth...caught at the right moment.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Helium 3 Gas?

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicQuest

God that is the weird mots unusual anomaly I have ever seen. What could it be?

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicQuest

Nice find, tnx for sharing!

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

I have a theory...It looks like the sun is coming out in the area...slowly over the horizon. Perhaps the sun hitting a gas vent could have ignited it...the strange smudge is perhaps a sun ray caught hitting the vent ? As far as I remember...the temperatures vary vastly on the moon...on the dark and the light side.

I'm not sure if it makes sense...Helium-3 boils at 3.19 kelvin, that's -269.96 celsius.

Temperatures on the moon are very hot in the daytime, about 100 degrees C. At night, the lunar surface gets very cold, as cold as minus 173 degrees C

Could this have happened?

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   
The area where the lighting in is very dark , so if this is a light source or a lightning don't you think that it should have lit the whole area or even part of it ?

Me thinks isa reflection

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Wow, good find O.P. that is definitely something interesting to look at!

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   
looks a bit like a 'Van de Graaff' generator

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Very cool looking, difficult to say what it is for sure.

Like others have said on here, it has the aspect of a reflection around the edges... Hard to say though- good find

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I enhanced it the best I could..
Incredible, I wonder what it could be, almost look like lightning surrounding a alien craft

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Had a good look and to be honest, i don't know what is is either.

It certainly looks like an electrical discharge effect of some kind.

If it's actually an object on the Moon, it's big..very big.

Possible ideas are mining using some hi-tech electrical process...a large tunnel system going underground, maybe a vehicle launch tunnel?

Other, more down to Earth ideas are could it be a reflection that happened during film processing?

Anyone know if NASA uses a static electrical fusing technology on the Apollo era films? A bit like a photocopiers use an electrostatic fusing drum?

It's weird, whatever it is.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Very good find indeed!
Looks like the plume is near the border between "night" and "day".
Could that just be the moon letting off a little "steam"?
A sort of lunar "Old Faithful"?

Something to do with the temperature difference between the light and dark areas?

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spacespider
I enhanced it the best I could..
Incredible, I wonder what it could be, almost look like lightning surrounding a alien craft

An amazing image for sure!

It looks like a long "cigar" shaped craft taking on an electrical charge and discharging the waste from portals on the side.........

it reminds me of the Cassini photo's of Saturn's rings

Cassini photo alien craft on saturn's rings

anyway,

Great OP

+11 more 
posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Everyone needs to stop going on about "why say this is ET in the title" I'll tell you why.

ex·tra·ter·res·tri·al
Adjective
Of or from outside the earth or its atmosphere.

So yes.. it's not on earth. So it's ET. It's your wrong doing that you perhaps jump to the Alien idea of ET

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Another thought...could this object (and similar others around the moon, in craters and ravines etc) be responsible for what is known as TLP lights (Transient Lunar Phenomena).

Weird, intermittent bright lights have been reported being seen in craters for over a hundred years...nobody knows what they are or what causes them, speculation is that some mineral or combination of elements and minerals could be causing an effect similar to a piezoelectric effect we know on Earth.

But if this is what causes TLP lights, it's much bigger than i imagined, and seems to be artificial in origin if that long tubular section is anything to go by.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Spacespider

That's really incredible. It kind of reminds me of the "glass tubes" on Mars. Normally when you see these Lunar/Mars anomaly pictures, it's easy to say it's just a rock, or a defect in the photo, but this doesn't appear to be either.It really, really does look like some kind of fluorescent tube discharging (or absorbing) electricity. It just..doesn't look real, but there it is, staring you in the face. I really don't know what to think about this one, so I'm going to follow this thread and see what explanations people come up with.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join