It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New guy tryin to finger this stuff out

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Hey ATS. Im a long time reader that decided its time to contribute. I know that we can only find a better future if we search for it together. Im not very computer savvy, so im likely to ask more questions than give answers.

Im a middle-aged man living in the middle of the USA. Born on Thanksgiving, which i am extremely thankfulšŸ˜Š since i get a feast on or around my b-day. I have the best parents in the world. They treat me better than i probably deserve. My 2 brothers are twins, but there were complications at birth. One did not survivešŸ˜„and the other suffers from hearing impairment. We moved alot when i was young due to my dads nack for being dedicated to his work. My mom has had several supernatural encounters(both ghosts & aliens). Ive had a few small encounters myself. I wonder if my dad has had anything happen to him but hes the strong silent type. Its like pulling teeth with him sometimes.

Im a unique inquisitive individual thats always friendly and smiling. I had horrible migraines as a kid. My parents pretty much gave the doctors free reign over me just to find out the cause. Putting me in several non-invasive studies. They never could figure it out, but thankfully i "grew out of them". Growing up there were always people saying "that kids got so much potential". The other word that my friends and family used to decribe me was "consistent". Im often asked if i was ever in the military since my mannerisms and attention to detail are boardering on OCD at times. The answer is no. I just believe in building good habits from the get-go. When i was about 8 years old I wanted to see how long i could stay awake, just for kicks. After 4 days and 3 nights i decided that it was enough. That night i laid down in my bed and started to hallucinate giant spiders repelling from the ceiling. So i'll never do that again.

Ive always been average in every aspect but when i find something i like i tend to submerge myself in it. I once locked myself in my buddy's shed with my xbox for three days when my favorite game came out. It was hailed as one hardest games on that console but I came out as one of the top 10 in the leaderboards world wide. I dropped out of high school and got my GED without even trying. As part of the test they wanted an essay. So i wrote 1 paragraph and turned it in to be graded. She read it and begged me to finish it. She said," this is one of the best openings ive ever read for any essay. I want more!". I declined her advise to finish because i am just too lazy. Im a big procrastinator as long as i can get away with it. Right out of high school i suffered from insomnia for about a year. It finally stopped before it got unbearable when i discovered alcohol. I never liked the taste of alcohol so i always went for the strongest stuff i could find. I found pot was an even better alternative and spent the next 10 years frying my brain cells. I was a lost soul for over a decade, bouncing from place to place and never letting anyone close to me. Ive been clean for several years with only the occasional indulgence. I still consider myself anti-social but i realize that without cooperation we would have died off long ago.

My dad taught me the value of honesty. I still cant lie to anyone or even tell half truths. I am a reserved person that wont just tell it like it is. Unless you ask me. If you ask me question I will give you the most complete answer i can. As for my beliefs, im extremely open-minded and there is always more to learn. You never know what info could change ur perception, so i dont label myself a christian or an atheist. All i know is theres something up above that the human mind cant possibly comprehend. Anything is possible. Even the impossible!

I want to thank ATS for having me. Im looking forward to our search for the truth, together. No one man or woman can possibly have it all but with everyone working for a shared goal its just a matter of time.

HwBandit

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by HwBandit

Hi there HwBandit,it's nice to meet you,good to have you here.I am sure you will enjoy this site tremendously,so much info+subject matter and fascinating content, to cater for anyone+every one's areas of interests.Enjoy!

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Be extremely careful when you try to FINGER stuff out, you could break a capillary.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Welcome to the ATS Family...enjoy the ride...

Des

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Welcome.
I laughed a little when I saw your bit about seeing how long you could stay awake. I did the same with sleep and food. Went 5 days each as a teen. Food wasn't so hard but no sleep was making me a little batty at the end. My aren't we weird?

edit on 12/7/13 by WhiteAlice because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Nice to meet you! Welcome!

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Hi HwBandit, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only for now.

Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads in the appropriate forums and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

ATS Guidelines, Etiquette, and more

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Signature Guidelines

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Try our Ask ATS with the search words of your choice.
I'm sure you will find many threads to pick from and add your thoughts and opinions too as well.

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Stop by my thread and tell us about your "experiences" sometime. And while you're there, enjoy reading the 160 pages shared by other members.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Lol, some wording there on that title
, i'll go with the nicest one, leave your belly button alone!

Welcome to ATS man, enjoy the ride, also, don't feed the trolls, or the 'know it all', they're after you!!

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Welcome aboard mate.

Maybe you should aspire to be like the constipated mathematician ....

He worked it out with a pencil.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Watch out.

That "finger" could get bitten off.

Oh, and welcome.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
welcome to ats you will fit in here plenty to do on the boards

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Thank for the warm welcome. I am learning sooooooo much. Im suprised at how much info is around here. Keeping up with current topics and catching up on all the years of "archived" threads is proving difficultšŸ˜œ but the wealth of knowledge made abundant here totally makes it addicting lol. May i ask, whats some of your favorite threads from the past?
Im interested in almost everything. Normally i would exclude poitics and religion, but ive come across several threads in these categories that blew my mind and kept me up last nite. So bring it on! āœŒ

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

If you go to the top and click on "tools", you will see a green "w" on the left.
That leads you to some of the top ATS contributers -- could browse their threads.

At least it would be a good start.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

That is one sneaky link i would never have noticed! Much obliged ChamberšŸ‘ i'll check it out when when i can

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Welcome

top topics

join