It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House holds Obamacare background briefing with liberal reporters.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

The White House held a background briefing Friday to discuss Obamacare implementation with a handful of journalists from liberal and progressive outlets.

Source

Not the first time he has used media much like Goebbels 'Think of the press as a great keyboard in which government can play'.

So this does sound familar to me as that link will take you to a pdf and scroll down to February 26th, 1946 FBI Director J. Edgar.

The FBI influences public opinion by disseminating material to domestic media outlets and educational institutions. The campaign creates nearly four - hundred media - directed items, including films, radio and television programs, books, as well as articles in law reviews, news magazines, pop - cultural magazines, and newspapers.

Considering the current administration running around 'recruiting' quite a few people to 'sell' Obamacare.

So is this damage control on the delay on the healthcare mandate using the media propaganda machine ?

Not the first time the current administration has ran a psyop on us, and definately won't be the last time.

Hell the last 5 years have nothing but a psyop ran on us fortunately a few of us out here see the BS for what it is.

Oh and people?

Politics is psychological warfare just has a hipper rap.

I report you decide.

edit on 12-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I have to wonder if any GOP POTUS' like George did the same thing?

Never heard of it, but it would not surprise me that they would both use the outlets that favor them as a means to push their agenda.

After all, without the media the government would be nothing.

As for the reasoning, yes it's certainly the most likely answer that he needs the liberal media to push his spin stronger than the GOP will bush theirs.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I have to wonder if any GOP POTUS' like George did the same thing?

Considering how Anti GOP the press was, and still is they pretty much did everything to destroy the man, and his party.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Damage control, most definitely yes..

I dont foresee Obamacare ever getting off the ground. It will just continue being peddled until some compromise between parties can be reached, or it is eventually overruled by the court system

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Actually the media used to make fun of Bush Jr., as for using the media for propaganda well he actually did every time he came public to reassure us that the economy was fine and that the US was strong. Well we all know what happen in 2008.

Beside that his legacy was supposed to be the privatization of the SS and we all know what happen to that.

Now when it comes to O'mama I mean Osama, sorry, Obama we all know that the media seems to love him for some reason or the other I guess because he is such a "novelty" as president.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Actually the media used to make fun of Bush Jr.

Yes they did, still do.

as for using the media for propaganda well he actually did every time he came public to reassure us that the economy was fine and that the US was strong

All but one network the rest,nailed him on everything he ever did.

Well we all know what happen in 2008.

Yep the current potus was elected, and apparently there is little difference between both administration's yet the villian shall ever remain GW.

Beside that his legacy was supposed to be the privatization of the SS and we all know what happen to that.

Nothing wrong with that SS should be in the hands of the individual instead of those 'few intellectual elite on Capitol Shill'.

That is the point really I was making: No differences and they LOVE him for his spending,his totalitarianism, and GW could have never gotten away with half the BS Obama has.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Bush didn't bother inviting reporters..his administration simply gave media the news packages to publish without any actual discussion, conservative or not

Obama invites reporters whom are also aligned with his political viewpoint to discuss implementation. verses what? invite Hannity, Beck, that fake pimp guy, and Alex Jones?

At least the liberal reporters can actually ask questions and eventually filter things they know are bull.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Nothing wrong with that SS should be in the hands of the individual instead of those 'few intellectual elite on Capitol Shill'.

Yes, because everyone is financially responsible..everyone..not single irresponsible person in the nation with their money...therefore we should totally let people take care of their own SS....

We will never see the sites of old people starving and broken on the streets..nope...also when you wish upon a star, your dreams do in fact come true.

your world sounds awesome. my world is filled with people living paycheck to paycheck and every few bucks extra they make a week immediately goes on things to make their grim week to week slightly less horrible, be it a movie, a nice meal, etc.

That would never work on my planet...the average person here isn't very responsible with their money and planning 40+ years ahead..so in this dimension of materials, we elect people to come up with programs run by the state that has foresignt so we don't have to walk on a sea of broken elderly people just to go to a restaurant.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

So basically Obama's new and greatest tax (Affordable Care Act) is losing it's luster and he needs a group of professional liars to re-fool the masses into accepting this act which will put the final nail in America.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Yes, because everyone is financially responsible..everyone..not single irresponsible person in the nation with their money...therefore we should totally let people take care of their own SS...

Oh Americans are just to dam 'stupid' to take care of themselves Government is here to save them!

Meh.

your world sounds awesome

It does a world where people can think,and take care of themselves without government?

That is the world I want to live in instead of indentured servitude to the state.

That would never work on my planet..

Not working on this planet been paying attention?

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by neo96

So basically Obama's new and greatest tax (Affordable Care Act) is losing it's luster and he needs a group of professional liars to re-fool the masses into accepting this act which will put the final nail in America.

If it look's like a duck,quacks like a duck.

It's a duck that is running from the ACA.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Actually, yes Bush did do something exactly like this. It was toward the end of his second term and I haven't run out to look up the details but he had an Oval Office meeting with Beck, Ingraham, Humphries and some others from the Conservative talk radio world. I recall it pretty well because I listened to several of them at the time and hearing the accounts of the meeting the were sworn not to discuss the contents of, from different angles was interesting.

It was an act of a dying Presidency though and even Beck said something to that effect at the time. When it gets so circular and narrow on logic that only your own ideological side can sit down to chat? (As Bush had by that point, too) then it's probably not right for the nation ...given the near 50/50 split we have here for those things.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Bush didn't bother inviting reporters..his administration simply gave media the news packages to publish without any actual discussion, conservative or not [

Oh really don't read This

That is why he went on TV 'reality' shows.

Nice try.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Actually, yes Bush did do something exactly like this.

Radio hosts compared to TV hosts

Do believe more people watch tv than listen to 'conservative radio'.

Of course GW didn't have social media that the current guy has.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Now that's splitting hairs. National hosts in one venue vs. national hosts in another. In some ways, radio hosts DO get more time, actually, as the rat race often leaves more to commute radio for the busy professionals than TV time..not to mention those who listen as background at work.

Anyway, national media of one side to exclude the other is wrong in both instances. I do think it's interesting that, as I mentioned, Bush pulled it toward the end as an act of desperation. I'd guess Obama isn't too far off that himself when he's doing things THIS openly and blatantly partisan with no concern whatever. You'd think sometimes he was more loyal to his party than the Presidency and nation itself ..which IS something rather new in my experience,

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I am going to split hairs quite a few million hairs texting and twittering and facebook the last guy didn't have.

Really isn't about radio or tv with the digital age.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Yes, because everyone is financially responsible..everyone..not single irresponsible person in the nation with their money...therefore we should totally let people take care of their own SS...

Oh Americans are just to dam 'stupid' to take care of themselves Government is here to save them!

YES!
Dude...not just Americans either.
Get a %$@#% passport and travel. Go to areas in the world where this fantastic idea of self governance of yours is in place and you will see hellholes, warlords, and just strife.

Yes, people in general are irresponsible with the small stuff, and the big stuff is already owned.
This isn't 1833 and everyone is the son of a plantation owner...most of the wealth is in the pockets of the few, the people starve, and that is simply how reality is...how to deal with it is the only...only question relevant to even discuss on any serious note.

So yeah, yanking away the few things left for people and government (the thing invented by people to protect them from the sharks of humanity) dissolving only does the few good, the rest starve and die.

Get a passport. I seen the world...you should also. May open your eyes when you see your philosophies in action.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

So yeah, yanking away the few things left for people and government (the thing invented by people to protect them from the sharks of humanity)

So who is going to save them from the largest shark in the American waters?

The US Federal Government, and a 'bigger boat' isn't gonna help us.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by youdidntseeme
Damage control, most definitely yes..

I don't foresee Obama care ever getting off the ground. It will just continue being peddled until some compromise between parties can be reached, or it is eventually overruled by the court system

It will eventually get off the ground. They just have to spend a few trillion more to get such a massive project moving on the right trajectory.

Just like the Nazi buzzbombs that helped destroy London during WW2

Obama care will deliver a destructive and possibly fatal payload to the US economy as soon as they can get that monster off of the launch pad.

You can count on it.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

So yeah, yanking away the few things left for people and government (the thing invented by people to protect them from the sharks of humanity)

So who is going to save them from the largest shark in the American waters?

The US Federal Government, and a 'bigger boat' isn't gonna help us.

What we need is a smart government with controls on corruption and answerable to the people. this I agree with.
I find the people suggesting to simply destroy are speaking nonsense...rebuild, restructure, and make responsible...this is key to civilization.

I don't want to live in somolia. I want a strong and smart government by the people. Is that what we have now? nope...but it can be one day.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join