It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about Christianity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I predicate this question with the notionn that there is a difference between the JEWISH RELIGION, and the JEWISH modern NATION.

If Christ was a self proclaimed jew,
the King of Jews,

Are Christians not purely JEWISH?

If the jewish religious leaders say christ wasnt the messiah, is that not irrelevant to the religion? The pope doesnt OWN catholicism, does he? Is it not God who "owns" these religions?

Are you not Jews?
If Jesus was?

I believe in jesus, by the way, i just realize that if im gonna follow him, i must live as he lived, and believe what he believed.
Not what this so called "PAUL" tells me. Not that however.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I am not jewish because my beliefs alone cannot make me jewish. It's a 'born into' culture and though she is pagan (she proudly wears that label, I didn't give it to her), by birthright and culture she is jewish. That leaves me...well...confused really. If you'd like to call me a messianic jew, follower of the way, or Christian, all is fine by me though.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Am I off the mark here or on? Just my viewpoint then?

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   
If you are serious, Yes Christ was a Jew, house of Juda. Decendant of David. God doesn't own humans. He created us free to screw up and we do it well. He also created us with limited life span. Christ came to give us Immortality. Pretty cool gift, all we have to do is accept it and follow some rules.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
The marked difference between Jews and Christians, is the acceptance of Christ. The Jews are God's Chosen people, from the Old Testament, the Christians are God's chosen people from the New Testament.

Both are God's Chosen people, but Modern Jews do not accept the new ways, and Modern Christians accept both the new and old ways.

I don't know where to go with this, but maybe I got something here.

-ADHDsux4me

top topics

join