It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSA wiretapping may be illegal in Illinois

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
So they have basically admitted that they are listening to everything that we say, and I was thinking. Because I live in Illinois, which is one of the stupidest states in the union, we are not able to video tape police officers because Illinois has a law against "wire tapping". It basically says that before you can record a conversation, you have to have the consent of all parties involved.

If the NSA are recording conversations in Illinois, then they are breaking the law. I think there are other states that have similar laws.

What are your thoughts?

does the "patiot act" supercede state law?

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
If one law is broken in such a way does it void the rest altogether?

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MrBigDave

If it is, it won't be very long. Illinois has the fastest sellout politicians in the country. The fact we are the last state without a concealed carry law is a good example of what that means.
edit on 12-7-2013 by GoldenRuled because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

I would have moved if I didn't have children here with my ex wife.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MrBigDave

The US Constitution still has a Supremacy Clause. States cannot make something the Federal government does illegal just by passing a law against it. They can sue the US, but they would need a better argument than, "We made this illegal here, your honors."

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Federal law trumps state law in matters of National Security.

Doesn't matter what Illinois has on the books.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
While many of the things in here are true, I also believe you're allowed to record a public official as long as their on duty. It'd be illegal to video tape an off duty police officer while he's conducting his private affairs, but once he has the uniform on, he's fair game.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by NikTheGreat
While many of the things in here are true, I also believe you're allowed to record a public official as long as their on duty. It'd be illegal to video tape an off duty police officer while he's conducting his private affairs, but once he has the uniform on, he's fair game.

In most states, yes, but not in Illinois. Both parties have to consent or your committing a crime.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
This thread is full of irony. So an illegal law becomes illegal in a state?

Besides whats the point, they never knew this was happening, so how will they know now?

Edit: By Illegal I meant following your constitution.
edit on 15-7-2013 by Senduko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Senduko
This thread is full of irony. So an illegal law becomes illegal in a state?

Besides whats the point, they never knew this was happening, so how will they know now?

Edit: By Illegal I meant following your constitution.
edit on 15-7-2013 by Senduko because: (no reason given)

So its more illegal lol
Since the gubment gave all kinds of "legal" explainations for how they can do it, I though I had found a reason why they cant. At least in Illinois.

new topics

top topics

join