It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you be both Christian and Jewish, at the same time…?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Once you get over the whole 80s thing, it’s quite an interesting debate/discussion…

So what do you think ATS…

Can you be both Christian and Jewish, at the same time…?

Edit to Add – And by Jewish, I mean Religion/Belief…

- JC

edit on 12-7-2013 by Joecroft because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Joecroft

You would need to ask the Jews for their own definition of themselves (I'm not one).
However, there are "secular Jews", aren't there, who regard themselves as Jewish without adhering to the religious aspect?
So if the "ethnic" definition is primary, I would have thought the answer was "yes".

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

Originally posted by DISRAELI
You would need to ask the Jews for their own definition of themselves (I'm not one).
However, there are "secular Jews", aren't there, who regard themselves as Jewish without adhering to the religious aspect?
So if the "ethnic" definition is primary, I would have thought the answer was "yes".

Good point.

Yes, I meant Jewish in the religious sense…which wasn’t clear by the original question in my OP…

I have amended my OP to reflect that…

Thanks for your reply…

- JC

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I don't think that you can be both. Paul talked alot in Romans about the law and about how Christians are free from the law. One of main things that defines a jew is their adherance to the law.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

I don't see why not, after all Christ and all of his followers were in fact Jews. The only difference I see between Jews and Christian Jews is that the former believes the Messiah hasn't come yet and the latter believes that He has already come in the form of Jesus Christ.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   

It won't be long before all Christians, Jews and Muslims are introduced to the Messiah. On that day, the true enemy of all three becomes the footstool of Christ. In one moment, the clouds are parted and Christ reveals Himself. What will Christians do on this day? We will rejoice. What will Jews do? They will wake from their sleep and eyes will be opened to what blinded them. What will the Muslims do? They will realize that their messenger had a message. In one moment, the entire world will unite around a common knowledge of truth.

What is going on today? As stated in Psalms and the New Testament, the Builders (Masons) reject the Chief Cornerstone. The Cornerstone of Christ is giving and never taking. Instead, they have formed themselves around private associations and hidden secrets. They are the NWO. Who else did Jesus mention? He told Peter, "You are Petros (Small movable stone) and upon this Petra (Foundation Stone) I shall build my church. The Roman Catholic Church built on the movable stone instead of the Chief Cornerstone. Instead of serving, they are being served as kings. Who else did Jesus condemn? The moneychangers. You can read about them here: Global Financial Meltdown Jesus enters the temple at Passover and turns the tables of the moneychangers (Financial tables are turned today) and the benches of those selling doves (Peace). Do the peacemakers have any rest today? No. Their money can no longer purchase peace because it is backed by lies and debt. A house divided will fall.

Christ told these "Experts in the Law" that the only sign they would get was the sign of Jonah. Three days is what we get. One day remains and is a day of rest when the entire world sees faith become fact. When this happens, the entire world will know for sure who the Son of God is. What religion will remain when faith becomes fact?

edit on 12-7-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
There are people from Jewish backgrounds who become Christians. In Judaism I believe you can still be consider Jewish because at birth you're Jewish. Also some Christian movements have started to incorporate different Jewish practices ( kosher, sabbath, etc.) into their beliefs. Other then that I don't really care have people identify themselves. As long as you respect yourself, others, and the environment than I'm happy.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

1 is called an orthodox jew if 1 is jewish and believes in the sacrifice of Jesus

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I was once approached by some very nice "Jews for Jesus" members at an outdoor San Francisco event. I didn't have the chance to ask them what they were about, but apparently they have a healthy membership.

Jews for Jesus San Francisco

Here's the national organization's website, which explains something about their beliefs.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Why would anyone want to be both Jewish and Christian?

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   
If by Jew you mean an ethnicity, then yes.

But if by Jew, you mean the religious group, then no... as Christianity and Judaism hold opposing views on theological matters.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Originally posted by littled16
I don't see why not, after all Christ and all of his followers were in fact Jews. The only difference I see between Jews and Christian Jews is that the former believes the Messiah hasn't come yet and the latter believes that He has already come in the form of Jesus Christ.

I agree with your sentiment…

What I got to thinking was…Why was there ever a need to separate the 2, into 2 different classifications…to begin with…In other words, why is standard Judaism/Jewishness, claiming the right to decide what is Jewish/ Judaic beleif, and what isn’t etc…

In the discussion, it is the Christians who seem to be suggesting that the “Jews for Jesus”, should remain separate from Judaism…just because they (Jews for Jesus) believe Jesus is the Messiah…which in my view is completely ridiculous, seeing as both Judaism and Christianity are inextricably linked.

It seems to me, like the real question here should be… why don’t Christians embrace more aspects of Judaism…

- JC

edit on 13-7-2013 by Joecroft because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Joecroft
reply to post by littled16

I agree with your sentiment…

What I got to thinking was…Why was there ever a need to separate the 2, into 2 different classifications…to begin with…In other words, why is standard Judaism/Jewishness, claiming the right to decide what is Jewish/ Judaic beleif, and what isn’t etc…

In the discussion, it is the Christians who seem to be suggesting that the “Jews for Jesus”, should remain separate from Judaism…just because they (Jews for Jesus) believe Jesus is the Messiah…which in my view is completely ridiculous, seeing as both Judaism and Christianity are inextricably linked.

It seems to me, like the real question here should be… why don’t Christians embrace more aspects of Judaism…

- JC

The reason that Judaism and Christianity became and remain separate is because the high ranks in Judaism didn't believe Jesus was the Messiah so declared that anyone who believed that Jesus was indeed the Messiah was guilty of blasphemy and deemed a heretic- which was punishable by death. So they became separate religions and remain so to this day.

ETA: I think it carries on today mainly because a lot of Christians haven.t gotten over the fact that the Jewish heiarchy handed Jesus over for crucifixion, but I don't consider that to be in line with the teachings of Jesus who himself forgave them. There is no reason Christians can't adopt more traditions from Judaism other than after the sacrifice of Jesus many of them became unnecessary as it began a new covenant.
edit on 7/13/13 by littled16 because: clarification

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

When will this day of rest come? According to Paul Christ is our Sabbath rest we are to rest in Him and cease from our fleshly labors. If you are using the analogue of a day as a 1000 years and it has been 2 days since Christ laid down and took up His life then when does the third day begin?

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by guitarplayer
reply to post by EnochWasRight

When will this day of rest come? According to Paul Christ is our Sabbath rest we are to rest in Him and cease from our fleshly labors. If you are using the analogue of a day as a 1000 years and it has been 2 days since Christ laid down and took up His life then when does the third day begin?

Israel became a nation in 1948. Here is the thread I did showing the scripture that predicted this date: To the Year of the Prophecy. Once this Babylonian captivity ended in 1948, two thousand years had passed from the time Jesus said, "If you destroy this temple, I will raise it again in three days." He was saying 3000 years here. So far, 2 days have past since Jesus walked the Earth. The last day is the 1000 years of rest. We are there at the even horizon now. The most anticipated time of all scripture is when Christ returns to on the Day of the Lord. This is the time when faith becomes fact. Here is the scripture in Hosea that shows the timeline.

Hosea 6

“Come, let us return to the Lord.
He has torn us to pieces
but he will heal us;
he has injured us
but he will bind up our wounds.
2 After two days he will revive us;
on the third day he will restore us,
that we may live in his presence.
3 Let us acknowledge the Lord;
let us press on to acknowledge him.

Two days pass for Christ to revive Israel. Matthew 24 then shows us that the generation (72 years) that sees the signs happen will not pass until Christ returns. We know that Christ entered the temple at Passover and gave us the main sign to know when this takes place: Global Financial Meltdown. What is a table of a moneychanger? It's perfect language describing a financial table that is turned over to debt. The same passage says the ones selling doves have their benches turned over. You sit on a bench for rest and a dove is a sign of peace. The peacemakers have no rest. How do the peacemakers make peace? Bribes. Right now, their money will soon be worthless.

Here is the exact timing: How many witnesses would you like?

Here is a secondary confirmation from the 50 year grand Jubilees: Jubilee Timeline of 6000 years.

What is my best guess? The Mayans kept a long count calendar for a reason. 2012.9 was 33.33 degrees in nautical miles. I believe that 2017 is the end of tribulation. We should see Israel's eyes opened at the second year of tribulation. This is when Joseph told the 12 brothers who he was. This is also when the East wind took the harvest away from the Earth. Where do you suppose the East wind will come from? Iran. Should happen in 2014. 2017 will see the culmination. This is my guess, but no man knows. God knows. We can only know the season and it must happen before that generation of 72 years ends past 1948. In the threads above, I show how to arrive at a generation from the precession of the Earth (25920 / 360 = 72). One generation of the pole.

edit on 13-7-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join