It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Religious Sector of BTS~

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
****I haven't had a rant for a good bit.... That said, I need to get this off my chest****

I can't believe how many times I tab over to BTS and find the same Religious debates being talked about on this site. No this is not a complaint, just a sheer observation and would like to vent about it. I myself am not a gung-ho religious member, as such a person I find it ironic to see the same individuals in the same heated debate every day. Sometimes, by coincidental luck and comedic parody, I find over religious individuals casting judgement and by luck of the shody words they choose a down right degrading demeanor. How do you expect to gain a non-member of any given religion's ear when such poorly articulated rhetoric is cast from ones mouth as truth... err~ typed.

I am content with listening/reading and rarely do I jump in these religious squables because of the types if individuals representing any said religion on a "holier than thou" rhetorical manner. How could anyone? I will say that I would love to engage in any religious talk but not with individuals who represent and exude this type of demeanor and behavior.

Actually, on several occasion's I have had some excellent chit chat about religion with ATSer's with a solid perception in a non-degrading demeanor. To you individuals as I feel you would know exactly whom I am referencing, thank you. It is these people that give a glimmer of hope to the future, who antiquate responses and see past the obvious. It's when I see these individuals posting do I jump in to read what is being discussed, if not when any religious thread is just formed to get the gist of how any said religious debate will pan and play out, yes they are that predictable folks.

It's been a good while since I have read a relgious thread that actually peeked a pucker of sparking that intuitive intrest and awe inspiring reading. To me personally it's all the same rhetoric vomited via keys in a different format. Yes, I know the word of god... He has seemed to have written many pieces hasn't he now? Be it through his apostles, prophets or whatever the name in any religion gives these individuals honestly it's, ironic. For every thread I've read, I now hear of countless Marys, Josephs, Jesus', Mohammads, Noahs, Moses' that I'm wondering if the hard core religious ghestapo's on BTS have begun to put 2 and 2 together?

***Do not go on a posting spree with religious copy and pasting any bible (any version) versus' in this thread***

I'm well versed and well educated in the words of god. I do not take any religion but believe in a higher power. I would call them the Divine and all the ascended Master's are accounted for. In the real, I carry myself with a strict set of morales and values that when I see such filth spewed from threaders, I actually wonder if the holier than though are doing the same or just believing they are?

Well, I'm done. I've said my peace. Have at it. No little post like this will make the religious sector of ATS see that all the debates fronted as the word of god are hypocritical in the very essence that keeps this world bound to the habits of old.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
In regards to Religion I hold the opinion that if a religion (any religion) makes someone a better person I am all for it. Sadly here on ATS that is not the case in 99% of the posters.

Also I have notice that some members/accounts ONLY make threads/posts about religion, usually in favor of one sect. Now either these members are so shallow that their religion encompasses their ENTIRE life and have nothing to say on any other topic or they are being paid to be here for that subject.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Religion is like Amway...

Their products are great...But their sales people are all screwed up.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

Great point Carreau and I'm right there with you.
It's odd that I see the same threaders in the same heated debates everyday. It's mundane

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Yes!

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Someone once said to me Dave Mathews is like Jesus, I love the guy but his fans are a**holes.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
OK, but there are threads which don't start with rabid hostilities;
E.g. Your hair is like a flock of goats
Or James; Teacher of faith and wisdom
Or God and man

It is possible just to "discuss things spiritual", which is what the forum is supposed to be for.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

I always have a hard time reading religious posts on a CONSPIRACY site.

Well written rant.

-dbd-

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
This is my favorite religious thread.

...seeing as I proved myself to be godly.

The rest of them are based on crazy people thousands of years ago that thought they had my power. Why bother? Out with the old, in with the new I say.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by denybedoomed

Presumably you also object to the forums relating to Travel, Sport, Food and Cooking, Health and Wellness, Relationships, Music, Literature, Comics, and Automotive Discussion.

If you start getting puritanical about "only conspiracy topics on a conspiracy forum", you need to apply that consistently to the whole "off-topic" section of the site.

P.S. Plus Television and Jokes. How could I forget Jokes?
edit on 12-7-2013 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by denybedoomed
reply to post by sulaw

Religion is a conspiracy.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Gotta say although Iam really anti religion I do think there is a god but I argue that we are just mankind and far from understanding of God, that's why I fight anyone claiming they know the truth because we can't....when they start copy and pasting words from man to explain God they arn't even original...just copying what someone said 2000 years ago.
We as humankind have the potential to understand God and indeed maybe be God but we have to evolve our own ideas, not to take someone elses version which they wrote only to control.
Humanity FTW!!! (we are freaking ace
)

Some here on ATS scare the crap outa me If I'm honest and they are always Religious freaks who only post Hell and Brimstone #e.
I would name names but they get banned and just come back...one guy I have always clashed with and gets banned comes back and does the same...I know this because he calls me Monkeyboy like an insult.
edit on 12-7-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join